The best team of '07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best team of '07

Well Giants took the super bowl... they showed up to play last night. But as I was wondering around on a pats forum, checking to see how they were coping with the situation... I found one thread that suggested the Giants were the best team in the league this year.

Now wait a minute, sure the Giants pulled the upset and won the super bowl. But can't we all agree that the Pats were the best team this year? They killed teams, just about as close to literally as you get in a football game. In my mind, Giants have the ring but the Pats were definitely the team to beat, all year.

Agreed?

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
    Well Giants took the super bowl... they showed up to play last night. But as I was wondering around on a pats forum, checking to see how they were coping with the situation... I found one thread that suggested the Giants were the best team in the league this year.

Now wait a minute, sure the Giants pulled the upset and won the super bowl. But can't we all agree that the Pats were the best team this year? They killed teams, just about as close to literally as you get in a football game. In my mind, Giants have the ring but the Pats were definitely the team to beat, all year.

Agreed?
    Nope.

Clearly, the Giants are superior to the Patriots.

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
    sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

I still think the Pats are a better team. The Giants just had ALOT of breaks go their way last night. I think if they play that game 10 times the Pats win 9 but last night just happened to be that 1 so it is what it is. But the Giants won and they are deserving of the trophy!

Comment

I would say that, over the course of the season, the Patriots were probably just about the best team in the league.

But nowhere near the extent that their 16-0 regular season record would suggesty. I mean, they had about as easy a regular season schedule as you'll find.

Dallas, Indy and arguably New York were their regular season games that were in any way challenging for an elite team as the Patriots were, the rest of their season was filled with scrubs (excluding San Diego, who were a mess of a team when they met in Week 2, and nowhere near the team that ultimately went to the playoffs).

But such is the glory of the playoffs, it's what you do in January that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
          I still think the Pats are a better team. The Giants just had ALOT of breaks go their way last night. I think if they play that game 10 times the Pats win 9 but last night just happened to be that 1 so it is what it is. But the Giants won and they are deserving of the trophy!
          Originally posted by Schism View Post
          I would say that, over the course of the season, the Patriots were probably just about the best team in the league.

But nowhere near the extent that their 16-0 regular season record would suggesty. I mean, they had about as easy a regular season schedule as you'll find.

Dallas, Indy and arguably New York were their regular season games that were in any way challenging for an elite team as the Patriots were, the rest of their season was filled with scrubs (excluding San Diego, who were a mess of a team when they met in Week 2, and nowhere near the team that ultimately went to the playoffs).

But such is the glory of the playoffs, it's what you do in January that defines you.

The Pats had just as many breaks last night, too.

And their entire season was summed up by lucky breaks. So no, they ain't the best team. THE GIANTS ARE

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
          sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

Originally posted by McKeough View Post
            The Pats had just as many breaks last night, too.

And their entire season was summed up by lucky breaks. So no, they ain't the best team. THE GIANTS ARE
            Like I said, I think the Pats are a better team. The Giants got 'em last night and they played better last night so they deserve it.

That's why I like 7 game series. I know it's impossible in the NFL and I would never recommend it but you really find out who the best team is when they play 7 times. That's why I always hesitate to call the NCAA Basketball champ or the Super Bowl champ the best team because it takes alot of luck to get through single-elimination playoffs.

Comment

The best teams win the games that matter most.

See the NYGiants.........

Comment

The Pats were better during the season, but New York really came into there own, and the best team at the end of the year was the Giants. Think about who New York had to beat just to get to the Super Bowl. At Tampa, then they went played AT Dallas, and then went to Lambeau in freezing temps and beat the Pack. Only then, did they have a shot at the undefeated Pats, which they beat also!! Someone like BaileytheBest saying the Giants just had alot of breaks in the SB, IMO isn't correct. You have to give the Giants all the credit in the world.

Comment

Stat wise and through plays I would say NE.

But as many people have once said. We judge teams and players with rings.

So the Best team is NYG.

Giants got it done. The SB is based on one day. One game. NYG had the better game plan and determination.

Its not like Baseball or Basketball where you can rebound from 1 or two losses.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG View Post
                    The Pats were better during the season, but New York really came into there own, and the best team at the end of the year was the Giants. Think about who New York had to beat just to get to the Super Bowl. At Tampa, then they went played AT Dallas, and then went to Lambeau in freezing temps and beat the Pack. Only then, did they have a shot at the undefeated Pats, which they beat also!! Someone like BaileytheBest saying the Giants just had alot of breaks in the SB, IMO isn't correct. You have to give the Giants all the credit in the world.
                    I actually don't HAVE to do anything. I am allowed to think for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                      I actually don't HAVE to do anything. I am allowed to think for myself.
                      Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post

Agreed?

No! we can never agree that the patsies were the best in 07'. Especially when the Giants owned them Super Bowl Night
                        "No one can be told what the Matrix is....You have to see it for yourself"

sigpic

"Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a freakin' game!"- Jim Mora- IND Colts

Comment

Working...
                        X