End Of Patriots Dynasty ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End Of Patriots Dynasty ?

The patriots expirenced a CRUSHING LOSS, sunday night in the super bowl and were EXPOSED IN SEVERAL AREAS : Their O - LINE was comletly outplayed by the FASTER AND QUICKER AND MUCH MORE PHYSICAL GIANTS, the Patriots Defense is old and slow, say good bye to RODNEY HARRISON (MORE LIKE GOOD RIDDENCE TO THE DIRTIEST PLAYER OF HIS GENERATION), so long Junior Seau,( you lied your way out of miami, and sd only to sign with the pats, it's over for you) Teddy Bruschi ( it was great to see that you were not able to flash FOUR FINGERS FOR FOUR SB TITLES, hit the bricks teddy) Assante Samuel will hit the market as a FA and the Pats will likely not resign him.Randy Moss what do you do with him? three teams in the playoffs MINIMIZED HIS PRESENCE, they took him out of the games. So as i see it their will be major changes for this 18-1 team.so is it over for the Patriots? what does everyone else think?

I still think thier dynasty ended when we beat them in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by richardthebronco View Post
      what does everyone else think?
      I'm thinking the moderators are getting tired of moving Patriot threads over the the Other NFL Teams Forum.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

We need a sub forum just for Patriot talk we really do!

Anyways...

They will be SB contenders again next year. With the Colts being the only chance of knocking them out. Or anyone who has the last name Manning.
        sigpic

Comment

The pats dynasty ended when we beat them

Just for the record, Sean Salisbury said after they lost that if the Pats didn't make the playoffs he'd walk from I think it was New England to Connecticut.

Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Yes... the "dynasty" is through.

They still have Tom Brady.. and anytime you have a great QB, you are contenders. But the Steelers ,49ers, and Cowboys didn't LOSE a SB during their "dynasty."

Now I personally don't think they will go back to the SB again next year. Why do I think that? Because I think players will leave, and this loss will take its toll along with the age of their defense. I think they had one of those seasons where EVERYTHING went their way, including injuries. So the odds of them going back may look good on paper to take a bet on, I would bet the field quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post

They still have Tom Brady.. and anytime you have a great QB, you are contenders. But the Steelers ,49ers, and Cowboys didn't LOSE a SB during their "dynasty."

Now I personally don't think they will go back to the SB again next year. Why do I think that? Because I think players will leave, and this loss will take its toll along with the age of their defense. I think they had one of those seasons where EVERYTHING went their way, including injuries. So the odds of them going back may look good on paper to take a bet on, I would bet the field quickly.
              Exactly.. Theres no way they will be able to duplicate this season again.. Everything went right for them this year, they got all the lucky breaks, hardly any significant injuries.. Everything went right, of course until the Super Bowl.. ..
              WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Well as much as I would love the Dynasty to be over...

I really don't think so guys. Tom Brady has got a lot of good years left ahead of him. In all likeliness they will resign Moss... They have a great organization, a great football (not a person) coach and a top notch pick this year.

And to those who said the Dynasty ended in '06 after we took them out... They did more or less dominate this season.

I'm still afraid.

Comment

end of the patriots dynasty ?

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                  I still think thier dynasty ended when we beat them in 2006.
                  you may have a point. lost in the bitterness of the wacking we got in the afc championship game is we beat the 2x sb champion pats. But this team was supposed to be better than any preivous teams. so you make a good point.

Comment

pats dynasty over ?

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post

You make a good point, but i am now wondering how much a pychological toll this will take, they had everything going for them but the kitchen sink,yet, got outplayed,out hustled and out physicaled.This loss MIGHT TAKE YEARS TO GET OVER.

Comment

I think they wont be nearly the team they were this year. They had a very very high amount of luck. (hardly any injuries, winning like 4 games because of amazing luck) This loss was pretty huge and it might screw them up next year, going 18-0 and losing in the superbowl has got to suck.

This was the oldest team in the nfl I think, they are only going to get older and im sure quite a few retirements this year. Lets not forget they still might have more backlash from the spygate thing being investigated now.

They still can be a superbowl threat but im glad I wont be listening to "Path to Perfection!" for 2 months straight.

Comment

End Of The Patriots Dynasty ?

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                        I think they wont be nearly the team they were this year. They had a very very high amount of luck. (hardly any injuries, winning like 4 games because of amazing luck) This loss was pretty huge and it might screw them up next year, going 18-0 and losing in the superbowl has got to suck.

This was the oldest team in the nfl I think, they are only going to get older and im sure quite a few retirements this year. Lets not forget they still might have more backlash from the spygate thing being investigated now.

They still can be a superbowl threat but im glad I wont be listening to "Path to Perfection!" for 2 months straight.
                        excellant post. their offense began scoring less and less points about midway thru the season.The Eagles,ravens and giants had them on the ropes, but could not close the deal.i think the Giants playing them in the last week of the season was real beneficial to N.Y. for the SB rematch.The Patriots defense got exposed late in the season. Harrison ,too old and slow the linebackers too old and slow, plus you could run on them. The patriots offense covered up a myriad of defensive defincies.

Comment

Working...
                        X