Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 qbs in nfl?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Seems like there is far too much Garrard love on here, and not quite enough love for Tony Romo.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Zealander View Post
      Tom Brady will never in his wildest dreams become as good as Peyton Manning. Brady is benefiting from a dominant cheating franchise. He's a poster boy, he doesn't have the physical mass, skills or talent of Manning. Without a line Brady crumbles as we all have seen time and time again...

      Peyton manning on the other hand is a big guy, he can take the hits and even break the tackles. He took the worst defensive line in the league and won the super bowl last year, defense wins championships unless you are a quarterback dominant enough to throw the team over your shoulders. Think about this, what happens if Tom Brady and Peyton Manning switch teams?

      The Colts become mediocre and the Patriots enter a new age of another Dynasty. If Manning was the quarterback of the Patriots last year there's no doubt in my mind they are the best team ever and have another super bowl ring.

      Every QB crumbles like mad under pressure. That's an irrelevant argument. What does Manning do when he gets pressured like crazy? He throws 6 interceptions.

      He didn't win the SuperBowl with the worst line in NFL. When Bob Sanders came back for the playoffs, he turned the worst defense in football to arguably one of the better ones. Sanders came in and helped the interior stop the run, and the ends were allowed to do what they do best, and that's rush the QB. Everybody who knows anything about football, knows that the emergence of Bob Sanders was the pivotal factor in Indy winning the SuperBowl. Without Bob Sanders, the defense was godforsaken, Manning was merely average, and the Colts were losing games at the end of the season.

      If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning switch teams, Peyton Manning has the record for most TD's and yards last season, and Tom Brady has the best stats of any QB in the NFL th last 6 seasons. Tom Brady, before this season, has worked with less than 5 Pro Bowl players on offense since he was with NE. Manning has worked with more Pro Bowl players, on the offense, in the NFL, year in and year out, than any other QB in the history of the game.
      Last edited by silkamilkamonic; 02-26-2008, 09:01 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by pipes View Post
        Seems like there is far too much Garrard love on here, and not quite enough love for Tony Romo.
        Yea I don't understand the David Gerrard arguments whatsoever.

        He has one very good season managing an offense that's built, and thrives around the run, and all of a sudden he's a top 10 QB?
        Last edited by LordTrychon; 02-27-2008, 10:00 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
          My top 10;

          1)Brady
          2)Manning
          3)Roethlesberger
          4)Eli Manning
          5)Brees
          6)Palmer
          7)Favre
          8)Romo
          9)Hasselbeck
          10)McNabb

          IMHO, Eli launched himself not only in the top 10, but the top 5 with his plaoff performance. He's always been a clutch player, and the more and more he cuts down on his dumb mistakes, the more you can see just how good of a QB he is.
          I think this is the top ten but not quite the order..
          I'd go
          1)Manning-better overall QB
          2)Brady
          3)Palmer
          4)Rothlisberger
          5)Brees
          6)Romo
          7)Favre
          8)Hasselbeck
          9)McNabb
          10)E. Manning

          11)Jay Cutler
          "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
          R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
            Every QB crumbles like mad under pressure. That's an irrelevant argument. What does Manning do when he gets pressured like crazy? He throws 6 interceptions.

            He didn't win the SuperBowl with the worst line in NFL. When Bob Sanders came back for the playoffs, he turned the worst defense in football to arguably one of the better ones. Sanders came in and helped the interior stop the run, and the ends were allowed to do what they do best, and that's rush the QB. Everybody who knows anything about football, knows that the emergence of Bob Sanders was the pivotal factor in Indy winning the SuperBowl. Without Bob Sanders, the defense was godforsaken, Manning was merely average, and the Colts were losing games at the end of the season.

            If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning switch teams, Peyton Manning has the record for most TD's and yards last season, and Tom Brady has the best stats of any QB in the NFL th last 6 seasons. Tom Brady, before this season, has worked with less than 5 Pro Bowl players on offense since he was with NE. Manning has worked with more Pro Bowl players, on the offense, in the NFL, year in and year out, than any other QB in the history of the game.
            While it's true if you take away a QB's weapons or put pressure on the line his performance will tumble, but I just won't see eye to eye on this one. Between all the game time I've seen both of these guys play Manning can just take over and "win" a game, they don't call him the general for nothing. Brady is just moving an offense along, moving ryhmically, not taking chances and doing what he has to do. He does it well, he's just not Peyton Manning.

            -This just bodes best for our own pocket passer, who has shown he can play under pressure and with a lack of weapons on offense... Cutler is going to be the next name mentioned with elite caliber such as Brady and Manning.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Zealander View Post
              While it's true if you take away a QB's weapons or put pressure on the line his performance will tumble, but I just won't see eye to eye on this one. Between all the game time I've seen both of these guys play Manning can just take over and "win" a game, they don't call him the general for nothing. Brady is just moving an offense along, moving ryhmically, not taking chances and doing what he has to do. He does it well, he's just not Peyton Manning.

              -This just bodes best for our own pocket passer, who has shown he can play under pressure and with a lack of weapons on offense... Cutler is going to be the next name mentioned with elite caliber such as Brady and Manning.
              That's fine. Agree to disagree.

              I do find it funny that the Brady haters out there, (and I'm not saying this is your specific argument Zealander) choose to laugh off Brady's crazy year with, "the dude got Randy Moss and Wes Welker, anybody could put up those stats, because I've heard this argument against Brady time and time again, because he all of a sudden has "crasy mad weapons".


              Yet they won't shed a peep when someone brings up the fact that Manning has had 2 1st round Pro Bowl talents at WR in Harrison/Wayne, arguably the greatest slot player in the game with Stokley at one time, and now another 1st round talent in Gonzalez at WR, arguably the best recieving TE in the game with Dallas Clark, a Pro Bowl and first round talent at RB with Edjerring James, and now Joseph Addai, and anywhere from 1 to 3 Pro Bowl olinemen on a yearly basis.

              I'm not discrediting Manning in anyway, because I think when all is said and done he will be a top 3 QB to ever play the game, but that dude has had mad talent to work with ever since his second year in the NFL. Brady has not.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by pipes View Post
                Seems like there is far too much Garrard love on here, and not quite enough love for Tony Romo.
                Romo hasn't been great in his two career playoff appearances. In fact, you can reasonably state he choked both games away.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by pipes View Post
                  Seems like there is far too much Garrard love on here, and not quite enough love for Tony Romo.
                  Romo will never be on my top 10 or any cowboy for that matter.

                  I hate the cowboys.
                  Last edited by LordTrychon; 02-27-2008, 10:02 AM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                    Tom Brady will never in his wildest dreams become as good as Peyton Manning. Brady is benefiting from a dominant cheating franchise. He's a poster boy, he doesn't have the physical mass, skills or talent of Manning. Without a line Brady crumbles as we all have seen time and time again...

                    Peyton manning on the other hand is a big guy, he can take the hits and even break the tackles. He took the worst defensive line in the league and won the super bowl last year, defense wins championships unless you are a quarterback dominant enough to throw the team over your shoulders. Think about this, what happens if Tom Brady and Peyton Manning switch teams?

                    The Colts become mediocre and the Patriots enter a new age of another Dynasty. If Manning was the quarterback of the Patriots last year there's no doubt in my mind they are the best team ever and have another super bowl ring.
                    I absolutely HATE the Patriots. Belicheck is the lowest of low in the league, and actually took over for Brian Billick as being the biggest A-hole in the NFL.

                    But Brady IS good. Brady will go down as one of the greatest QBs ever to play.. period. People were having these EXACT same conversations between Montana and Marino back in the day.

                    EVERY QB can look "average" when you have DE's and DT's in your face bashing you around. Thats the reality. People said the same thing about Montana. IS he as good as he appears, or did it have to do with all the great talent around him? I don't know. Was it Joe, or was it the system?

                    If Manning and the Colts switched places... both would continue to succeed, both would still be dominant teams, with the Patriots running more 'no huddle' offense than they do now.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                      Romo hasn't been great in his two career playoff appearances. In fact, you can reasonably state he choked both games away.
                      Exactly why I dropped him where I did on my ranking. Plus he's still young in his starting role, and want him to have to prove a move up. But like you pointed out, its his playoff play that dropped him lower.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by pipes View Post
                        Seems like there is far too much Garrard love on here, and not quite enough love for Tony Romo.
                        Well... I watched a lot of Jax games this year... and was very impressed with his decision making skills.. his ability to move in the pocket, and or run when needed. He made VERY solid throws, and played like a vet. Yes it was his first season, but how many of the QBs ranked behind him would you put over him? How far down? Where would you put him?

                        Romo... continues to play well in the reg season, and in his BIG games... doesn't. He's still rated high on my list, but he has some growing to do, imo...before he moves higher. I think he's a fine QB, but his decision making in that playoff game showed me that he TRULY needs some maturing.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          belichick is a cheating scumbag. but i respect brady even if he did benifit from some signals. i saw brady at michigan and he put up number that looked like this : 20 tds 6 picks. belichick was a loser with the browns so i think he needs brady more than brady needs him.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                            Well... I watched a lot of Jax games this year... and was very impressed with his decision making skills.. his ability to move in the pocket, and or run when needed. He made VERY solid throws, and played like a vet. Yes it was his first season, but how many of the QBs ranked behind him would you put over him? How far down? Where would you put him?

                            Romo... continues to play well in the reg season, and in his BIG games... doesn't. He's still rated high on my list, but he has some growing to do, imo...before he moves higher. I think he's a fine QB, but his decision making in that playoff game showed me that he TRULY needs some maturing.
                            At least he plays in big games.

                            Besides, its not like he's a 13 year veteran.

                            He's been a starter for less than two full years and put up 2 Pro Bowl seasons.

                            Anyway, I'm tired of defending him.....I just believe that at this point he is a much better QB than Garrard, that's all I was saying.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by pipes View Post
                              At least he plays in big games.

                              Besides, its not like he's a 13 year veteran.

                              He's been a starter for less than two full years and put up 2 Pro Bowl seasons.
                              Anyway, I'm tired of defending him.....I just believe that at this point he is a much better QB than Garrard, that's all I was saying.
                              yeah but no all pro teams and no mvps dude.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                                Yea I don't understand the David Gerrard arguments whatsoever.

                                He has one very good season managing an offense that's built, and thrives around the run, and all of a sudden he's a top 10 QB?
                                Originally posted by pipes View Post
                                Seems like there is far too much Garrard love on here, and not quite enough love for Tony Romo.
                                Romo has AMAZING receivers. Garrard didn't have sh**. That's the difference.



                                Any what is with these Brady fanboys? He was average at best for most of his career. He only had one good year and that was when he got the best receiver in football, arguably the best line the past season in football (I think the Brown's is better), and a great defense (which he's always had because of how well the Patriots do in the draft.

                                You could argue that Manning had this too. Well didn't he produce? Does anyone remember 2004? It's not anyone's fault that Manning was benched during blow out games and Brady stayed on the field.
                                And it's also no one's fault that those cheating Pats wouldn't stop throwing even after they were up by 30.
                                No surprise -- LT left his balls on the bench

                                No wonder Haynesworth is asking for so much money. Being a hitman is expensive.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X