First Tampa Bay got Plummer...now Griese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Tampa Bay got Plummer...now Griese

I guess they like Broncos QBs. Maybe Steve Beuerlein will come out of retirement.

Edit: First Griese, then Plummer, then Griese again, then Plummer comes out of retirement, etc. Rinse...wash...and repeat.
    Last edited by BroncsSB#3; 03-03-2008, 02:57 PM.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    I guess they like Broncos QBs. Maybe Steve Beuerlein will come out of retirement.
    He was with the Bucs before he went to Chicago.... so the Bucs had Griese before they had Plummer. (just to put it into the proper sequence)

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
      He was with the Bucs before he went to Chicago.... so the Bucs had Griese before they had Plummer. (just to put it into the proper sequence)
      I actually forgot that he was already on TB. As soon as I read your comment I remembered that he actually looked pretty good in 2004 with them.

So...they got our QBs in the proper order. I guess I should've put something like this. "First Tampa Bay got Griese, then Plummer, now Griese again."
      2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Brian Griese had great numbers when he was playing in Tampa in 2005 and 2006 though I prefered him in Bronco blue and orange. Brian has a good arm and is fairly consistent in his throws. I'm happy for him that he is going back to a place where he played so well. Now will just have to see who ends up with that backup job. Seriously Garcia can't play forever as he is getting up there in age.

Comment

Griese spent two seasons (2004-05) with the Buccaneers and led the Bucs to a 5-1 start in 2005 before sustaining a torn ACL vs. the Miami Dolphins, an injury that ended his season. Griese completed 345-of-510 (67.6 percent) of his passes for 3,768 yards and tossed 27 touchdowns and 19 interceptions as a Buccaneer.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/3958
          sigpic

Comment

I just remember all the weird-ness between Plummer and Griese a few years ago when Brian hadnt been cut yet and Jake had just got here. How weird if Plummer came back and they dueled it out between the other 8 QB's they have for the #1 spot lol...funny twist of fate, why does Gruden love the AFC West so much still

Comment

see this is a lesson.

arent we all glad that we have our good young qb in cutler and arent like the bucs recycling old qbs from the same team.

i was shocked at the pick at first but now i realize how genius it is.
              never pass on a franchice qb if your qb sucks!

Comment

Working...
              X