Brett Favre's Newest Record!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Favre's Newest Record!

Brett now holds the record for Longest Retirement Anouncment in the History of Any Sport in this or Any Other Universe. Look, i like Favre, iv liked him since his college days (i live in the south) but if i have to see another segment on this dudes retirement i may go insane! Every sports channel (even the local channels down here) have been flooding the airwaves with his retirement speach, it seems like it has been going on for a solid week now, i mean ok ESPN, we get it, the guy retired, by the time they get thru broadcasting all the Favre tributes , the guy will already be in the hall of fame.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    Brett now holds the record for Longest Retirement Anouncment in the History of Any Sport in this or Any Other Universe. Look, i like Favre, iv liked him since his college days (i live in the south) but if i have to see another segment on this dudes retirement i may go insane! Every sports channel (even the local channels down here) have been flooding the airwaves with his retirement speach, it seems like it has been going on for a solid week now, i mean ok ESPN, we get it, the guy retired, by the time they get thru broadcasting all the Favre tributes , the guy will already be in the hall of fame.

And you're bound and strapped to your armchair, with the TV stuck in the ON position, and the only channel that comes in is ESPN, right?

...Dude, I know it's an old worn out cliche by now, but maybe try reading a book or something.

Last edited by sbutk; 03-07-2008, 07:39 AM.
    sigpic
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

I agree, I love to watch sports center to see whats going on, and I haven't watched it all week, cuz everytime I flip over there is Favre tributes. I was 10when Elway retired, so i don't really remember, but did they make a big of deal out of Elway retiring

I think they are making a big deal out of Favre because news is dull right now, and this is the only story they really have, so they are milking it for all its worth

Comment

actually i think its cause everything biased towads the pats and favre. on ESPN, the NFL itself...
        No surprise -- LT left his balls on the bench

No wonder Haynesworth is asking for so much money. Being a hitman is expensive.

Comment

Come on here, the guy has spent the last 17 years of his life playing in the NFL another 10 or so playing before that...this is his final Bon Voyage to what has represented his entire life/career. Give the man his due, players of his calibre come along once every lifetime, let him say goodbye in whatever way he needs to.

If you cannot take it, yes...read a book.
          sigpic

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece- John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk View Post
            And you're bound and strapped to your armchair, with the TV stuck in the ON position, and the only channel that comes in is ESPN, right?

...Dude, I know it's an old worn out cliche by now, but maybe try reading a book or something.

Books are cool, especially the ones with pics of nude women, but for some reason when i pick up a copy of 'Gone With The Wind' it doesent have the NBA scores from the night before.
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Brett Favre also holds the NFL record for most tears shed

Comment

Originally posted by Geandily View Post
                I'm pretty sure a Patriots player still holds that record.

Comment

Originally posted by Geandily View Post
                  I think D i c k Vermeil still holds that record.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver '78 View Post
                    Come on here, the guy has spent the last 17 years of his life playing in the NFL another 10 or so playing before that...this is his final Bon Voyage to what has represented his entire life/career. Give the man his due, players of his calibre come along once every lifetime, let him say goodbye in whatever way he needs to.

I agree.He's one of the finest to play the game.Give him the respect he deserves.

Comment

Well it's over so let's move on, shall we!?
                      Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Books are cool, especially the ones with pics of nude women, but for some reason when i pick up a copy of 'Gone With The Wind' it doesent have the NBA scores from the night before.

Haha. ...I didn't mean to come across as rude or anything. It just amazes me sometimes how many people on this message board seem to have lives that revolve around the Broncos and/or football 24/7. That's all.

:paper:
                        sigpic
                        They're your teammates, now.
                        Best of luck, TT!
                        ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Hmm, I understand that Favre is a record holding QB and a first ballot HOFer, but enough is enough. A couple of years ago, the Greatest Football Player to EVER lace them up retired (I'm talking, of course about the GOAT - Jerry Rice). He didn't get half of the fanfare, press and bittersweet, tearful send off that Favre has.

In fact NOBODY has gotten the salad tossing and nut cuddling that Favre has. Not Marino, not Elway, not Rice, not Reggie White, not Aikman, not Young, not even the great Joe Montana himself could hold a candle to the media frenzy and overblown tributes to Brett Favre.

C'mon, it's pretty obvious that he only stuck around long enough to break all the records. Strangely the year after he breaks the win record and all time TD record, goes 13-3 and is one game from the superbowl, he quits!? The year before, his numbers were terrible and his team was rebuilding, but business wasn't finished (he didn't own all the records, yet) so he had to come back.

Personally, treating Favre like he's God incarnate and acting like the game just won't be the same without him just disrespects the guys I listed above even more. Favre's just a man. A great football player, but just a man.

Geez, they didn't do this for Michael Jordan (any of the times he "retired"

Comment

haha i liked your rebuttal

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                              I think D i c k Vermeil still holds that record.

NO kidding D I C K would cry at the drop of a hat ..I bet that actor in that movie that played him was like damn I goto cry how many times ****>>>>>
                              sigpic

GO BRONCOS IN 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X