• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mare signs with Seattle

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!! 2 years 2.5 mill
    sigpic Adopted By:

A link would be nice in the future....

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true

Personally, I think he would have been a good pick up.
    sigpic

Comment

Does Seattle think they're still in our division or something? It seems like it from the way they're trying to snatch our players from us so often, see the Raiders if you don't understand. Regardless, they can have Mare.

Comment

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
        Does Seattle think they're still in our division or something? It seems like it from the way they're trying to snatch our players from us so often, see the Raiders if you don't understand. Regardless, they can have Mare.
        It's competition - the NFL version of the free market. Teams can go after whoever they wish and UFA's can sign wherever they want. They're not our players until they sign our contracts we offer to them. I would agree that the Raiders had sticking it to Denver as a reason for doing some of the things they've done this offseason (gotta love Weird Al Davis), but normally it isn't a concern for teams trying to improve themselves.
        Last edited by Max Power; 03-27-2008, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
          It's competition - the NFL version of the free market. Teams can go after whoever they wish and UFA's can sign wherever they want. They're not our players until they sign our contracts we offer to them. I would agree that the Raiders had sticking it to Denver as a reason for doing some of the things they've done this offseason (gotta love Weird Al Davis), but normally it isn't a concern.
          Thanks!! I'm a man with a mind for business, I know how it works. I was making a humorous, or so I thought, observation of the excessive competition we seem to constantly have with the Seattle Seahawks. If you remember last year we fought over both Patrick Kearny and Daniel Graham. It's like the Texans, sure it makes sense that they're singing our players, since they're familiar with either Kube's, his system, or his mindset--but it's still funny to see just how many of them get signed by the Houston Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
            Thanks!! I'm a man with a mind for business, I know how it works. I was making a humorous, or so I thought, observation of the excessive competition we seem to constantly have with the Seattle Seahawks. If you remember last year we fought over both Patrick Kearny and Daniel Graham. It's like the Texans, sure it makes sense that they're singing our players, since they're familiar with either Kube's, his system, or his mindset--but it's still funny to see just how many of them get signed by the Houston Broncos.
            Just makin' sure. All these players Seattle's been competing with Denver for are players that fill need positions for them, they're not trying to spite us. That's what I was saying. Only the Raiders want to stick it to Denver with their moves, or so it seems. They lost their own clutch kicker Josh Brown to the Rams, so they had to replace him somehow. It's not excessive competition at all when you consider how other teams not in the same division or conference get into bidding wars often.
            Last edited by Max Power; 03-27-2008, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
              Just makin' sure. All these players Seattle's been competing with Denver for are players that fill need positions for them, they're not trying to spite us. That's what I was saying. Only the Raiders want to stick it to Denver with their moves, or so it seems. They lost their own clutch kicker Josh Brown to the Rams, so they had to replace him somehow. It's not excessive competition at all when you consider how other teams not in the same division or conference get into bidding wars often.
              Yup, yup. It's all cool. I know how some posters can be around here, so I understand your need to clarify. I'm just not one of them, not most of the time, anyway. There's not much to say you didn't cover. They lose Josh Brown, we lose Jason Elam. Same needs, same players.

Comment

Working...
              X