could walkers signing cost the raiders their 1st pick/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could walkers signing cost the raiders their 1st pick/

ITS JUST A THEORY BUT I WAS THINKING THAT WITH THE $$$$$$$$$ 55 million bucks al "the gal' davis paid walker,they may have no choice but to trade down in the draft.i remember russell,s hold out last year and the new #1 guy is gonna say ....if they give a hobbled and disgruntled receiver coming off a 200+ yard season 55 mil.....uhhh,i want......100 trillion dollars!
    had to throw in the dr. evil line,but seriously theyre spending money like crazy and im not sure they can afford another huge contract for an unproven player and possibly another holdout.........thoughts?
    i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Kiffin has said that they're not interested in McFadden and that he'd like to see them trade down -- they're already stacked with RB's and Micheal Bush hasn't even stepped on the field yet.

Comment

i dont know if they will trade down or not but i promise you Al Davis wont make a trade with denver.
      sigpic

Comment

i think u r absolutely correct they are stacked at back fargus is a crazy man on the field i remember the 1st game i saw him play in ....i was like what the heck is that guy doing he was unstoppable. i think if bush fully recovers he will be awesome as well i was hoping denver would get a shot at him last year,but with sapp retiring and other obvious needs do you think they will trade out of the 1st round completely?i really think the contract with walker is wat high and gonna cost the raiders in negotiations with several players.
        i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Comment

Originally posted by Cutlers crew View Post
          do you think they will trade out of the 1st round completely?i really think the contract with walker is wat high and gonna cost the raiders in negotiations with several players.
          They need D linemen, IIRC Kiffin said something about going down to 12 or 13 but not out completely.

Comment

shouldn't this be in the Other Teams forum?

And SandB.... aren't you guys way over the cap right now? Any ideas how that's gonna work? Just curious....

Comment

No. It's not going to cost the Raiders their first round pick.

"Good grief."

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post

And SandB.... aren't you guys way over the cap right now? Any ideas how that's gonna work? Just curious....
                You know, I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the cap lately but I've heard on local sports talk that there's still room. Should be an interesting season for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post

I believe we are 2-4 million under as of today. lamont Jordan's release from what I remember gives us 8 million more. We are still in good shape financially.

I really hate to pass up on McFadden because our line can create holes for him to explode out of, but Fargas is decent and Rhodes is underrated and underused. Bush, not sure. So McFadden is not a need, but he can be a gamebreaker like Adrian Peterson. Maybe. Trading down is an option I would like. We have 1 pick in the first three rounds so far, so signing our draftees, including the first rounder won't be a problem barring a holdout. Most of these signings we did thus year are either backloaded or loaded with incentives, and Al Davis is good with cap numbers anyway.

We NEED a dependable gamebreaker at wideout for Russell, so I wouldn't mind if the trade down involved getting a possession receiver to match Drew carter's deep threat. Dosn't have to be a flashy guy, just another compliment to Carter and Zach Miller. If this were a veteran behind center, I could live with one more year of mediocre receivers, but not for Russell's first full year of growth. MAYBE we can find a sleeper in the draft but I doubt it. A longshot trade for Chad Johnson can fit under the cap this year but choke the hell out of our cap figures in 2010, not so much next year.
                  Last edited by DevilSpawn; 04-02-2008, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                    I believe we are 2-4 million under as of today. lamont Jordan's release from what I remember gives us 8 million more. We are still in good shape financially.

I really hate to pass up on McFadden because our line can create holes for him to explode out of, but Fargas is decent and Rhodes is underrated and underused. Bush, not sure. So McFadden is not a need, but he can be a gamebreaker like Adrian Peterson. Maybe. Trading down is an option I would like. We have 1 pick in the first three rounds so far, so signing our draftees, including the first rounder won't be a problem.

We NEED a dependable gamebreaker at wideout for Russell, so I wouldn't mind if the trade down involved getting a possession receiver to match Drew carter's deep threat. Dosn't have to be a flashy guy, just another compliment to Carter and Zach Miller. If this were a veteran behind center, I could live with one more year of mediocre receivers, but not for Russell's first full year of growth. MAYBE we can find a sleeper in the draft but I doubt it. A longshot trade for Chad Johnson can fit under the cap this year but choke the hell out of our cap figures in 2010, not so much next year.

well if walker can get to and stay 100%, that should give him an option. I don't think anyone thinks of him as a poor player.

As far as McFadden goes, there are alot of people out there who think he can be the next Reggie Bush!! I hope you guys DO pick him up, but I don't think Al is THAT dumb, with glaring needs elsewhere.... Even your beat writer for silverandblack.com thinks so!!

Comment

There is one aspect of that deal that should NOT be taken for granted. That was not 55 million in Guaranteed money. That was the total Walker has the potential to make with all of his incentives. The sports media did a good job of spinning it to sound like 55 million, but the chances of him seeing that total amount are slim. He would have to stay healthy and play at the top of his game for the remainder of the contract putting up exceptional numbers. Walker has proven by virtue of injury alone with 2 separate teams that he is not reliable to do that. Then again who knows. Maybe Walker will do for the Raiders what he couldn't do for Green Bay, or Denver.
                      Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Working...
                      X