No announcement yet.

Ridiculous. Absolutely bloody sodding RIDICULOUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what Shannon has to say about it...
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Ridiculous. Absolutely bloody sodding RIDICULOUS

Originally posted by Javalon
      Yep, I can't stand these rookies getting paid more than the top players in the game.

I think the NFLPA and the NFL should consider rookie caps that maybe allow for bigger playing incentives; if you live up to your hype, then you still get the big bucks. If I was Tony Gonzalez I would be seriously pissed that Winslow thinks he's worth more than a perennial Pro Bowler. Something really needs to be done because this is spinning out of control.

It makes me really glad the Broncos are never bad enough to warrant a top 10 pick.
      Heck yeah.

Comment

I liked an article I read earlier today (I can't remember where) commenting on how rookies shouldn't be getting paid so much and how Ricky Williams' contract should be the standard for rookies. i.e.-pay for play, not for a college reputation. Pay rookies by what they do, not what they've done. Granted, Williams' deal was a little lofty in expectations, but in essence pay for milestones should be the way rookies get paid.
        mmmmmm.... Broncos....

Comment

Re: Ridiculous. Absolutely bloody sodding RIDICULOUS

Originally posted by muse
          How the hell can you give rookie a contract worth up to $54 million??? What are the Cardinals thinking? All it does is inflate egos, annoy other teammates (probably Anquan Boldin more than most) and waste money. I can't believe the league allows teams to pay rookies this much money.

He is going to be worth all the money. The day after he was drafted he was working out by himself at the Cardnals training facility. He has the work ethic of Jerry Rice, and the physical skills of Randy Moss. Plus the cardnals are FINALLY showing that they are willing to lay down the cash, and start winning some football games.

Comment

Re: Re: Ridiculous. Absolutely bloody sodding RIDICULOUS

Originally posted by BroncoAZ
            He is going to be worth all the money. The day after he was drafted he was working out by himself at the Cardnals training facility. He has the work ethic of Jerry Rice, and the physical skills of Randy Moss. Plus the cardnals are FINALLY showing that they are willing to lay down the cash, and start winning some football games.
            You mean he'll probably be worth all the money. It's impossible to see the future. There have been plenty of high drafts picks in the past who didn't live up to their hype.

I don't mean he even has to be a bust. If he's simply a good receiver he won't be worth the money. He has to be a future Pro Bowler to be worth what he's getting paid. Hell, he should be in the Pro Bowl his rookie season to be worth it.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Jus the thot of us havin a top ten pick.....when someone said that, when was the last time the broncos had a top ten?And elway dont count we traded........
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Boldin got over 1000 his rookie year and I expect Fitzgerald to do the same.

The Cards will have one of the best receiving corps in the NFL for the next 6+ years.
                kiwi Bronco fan

Comment

Originally posted by NZrichy
                  Boldin got over 1000 his rookie year and I expect Fitzgerald to do the same.

The Cards will have one of the best receiving corps in the NFL for the next 6+ years.
                  Unfortunately they will still remain s***.
                  sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
                  X