Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Shocky Traded!!!

Breaking News on NFL.COM

as soon as i get a link, i will post it.

Giants to trade Shockey
    The Giants and Saints have agreed to a trade in principle that will send tight end Jeremy Shockey to New Orleans for second- and fifth-round picks in 2009, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
    sigpic

Seems like a pretty fair value if it's a 2nd and a 5th...

Not that I'D trade that for him... because I don't like the loudmouths as much.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3498795

Jeremy Shockey is leaving New York.

The Giants agreed to trade the tight end to the New Orleans Saints for second- and fifth-round draft picks, according to a report on FOXSports.com. The deal is pending league approval, and Shockey must also pass a physical.

The Saints had offered the Giants the same deal for Shockey prior to April's draft but were rebuffed.

The Saints and Giants had also previously discussed a three-team trade in which the Giants would have landed former Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, who was traded to the Washington Redskins on Sunday, the Saints would have acquired Shockey and the Dolphins would have received draft picks, according to SI.com.
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a good fit and a good trade for both teams. Shockey will really help the Saints, and Brees is going to love having him.

Comment

I was surprised how bad the Saints did last year. They have a decent chance to go to the superbowl this year imo.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            Sounds like a good fit and a good trade for both teams. Shockey will really help the Saints, and Brees is going to love having him.
            assuming he keeps his trap shut and just plays ball, his playing ability has never been the problem....only his mouth.
            sigpic

Comment

actually with shockey it's not just mouth, he often lacks concentration, as witnessed by many dropped td passes over his years in NY

now he has been getting hurt

if he can stay healthy he'll probably revitalize his career in NO

it's an even year so brees was set to throw his hat into the mvp race anyway, this may give him the lock on it
              sigpic

Comment

This has been big news here in NYC today.

I think this is a HUGE move for the Saints; it's gonna open up their offense a ton.

Comment

I've never really liked Shockey. Decent player but he's an arse and too much of a distraction. Still, if he shuts up, he's going to give NO a good boost.
                  sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

if the ball comes his way no one will hear a word from the bloke...

aaaaaaand i think the ball will come his way...

how teams are going to stop brees now is anyones guess...

great deal for all involved...

:2cents:

sigpic

Comment

Awesome deal for NO. Time will tell for NY with their young TE Bloss(or is it Boss?) and what they get out of those two picks, but it is good value.
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I figured this trade was dead on the water, but it will be good, Shockey is a loud mouth who makes big plays when depeneded on, he does have some drops tho too..anyways, NO seems to be back, Brees, Bush, Colston, Shockey, they got Vilma too right? Good times

Comment

Working...
                        X