HOW??? Just HOW????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW??? Just HOW????

Has anyone seen New Englands EASY schedule??? How is this possible? They are a team who went 16-0 last year!!!! They will be favored in EVERY game except maybe at Indy and S.D. I thought the NFL sceduled it differently then this based on your record the previous year and weather you were a playoff team or not!

I could very EASILY see them going 14-2 or better with that schedule!! IDARE any Patriot fan to come on here and defend this!!! DOUBLE GOG DARE!!!

Matter a fact I'm gonna sign up on their boeard and POLITELY ask just that question right now!!!

Well.. because schedules are made up years in advance. The only variance from year to year are just a few games based on how the season was finished. Other than that, its just chance.

Thats how.

Not to mention they can't help it that the Dolphins, Bills and Jets are in their division.... But wow.. they really do have an easy schedule.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 07-23-2008, 01:08 PM.

Comment

There is no such thing as an easy schedule in the NFL. The Patriots will do very well again but on the strength of their team, not their schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
        There is no such thing as an easy schedule in the NFL. The Patriots will do very well again but on the strength of their team, not their schedule.
        They are the babies of the nfl. They can do no wrong. I can't stand them. The only good thing about the schedule is they play us and it does not matter how bad we are, shanny has there number and we will win!!!
        Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
          Thank You.

Their divisional opponents are quite a bunch eh?

:offtopic:

We even had the thread discussing how you must buy tickets for 2 games which seemed to upset people because they wanted to attend their favorite game on the schedule but was forced to buy another game's ticket as well.

So what's wrong with that?

We only get 8 home games every year and to me, EVERY SINGLE ONE is worth attending no matter WHO we are playing. That would go the same for the Patriot fans.

Looking at our own schedule, do any of you look at and say... I won't watch next week's game because we might be playing a struggling or losing team?

People complain about how long the off season is, yet when it's time to play we still have complaints. Who really cares about New England's schedule except for a particular Monday Night on October 20th.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            Well.. because schedules are made up years in advance. The only variance from year to year are just a few games based on how the season was finished. Other than that, its just chance.

Thats how.

Not to mention they can't help it that the Dolphins, Bills and Jets are in their division.... But wow.. they really do have an easy schedule.
            You sure about that? I thought it was an annual thing. Otherwise, how do they keep from getting the three year away schedule from being "leaked" on accident. Even Bill thought he could trust Monica...
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
              You sure about that? I thought it was an annual thing. Otherwise, how do they keep from getting the three year away schedule from being "leaked" on accident. Even Bill thought he could trust Monica...
              yes. I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
                Has anyone seen New Englands EASY schedule??? How is this possible? They are a team who went 16-0 last year!!!! They will be favored in EVERY game except maybe at Indy and S.D. I thought the NFL sceduled it differently then this based on your record the previous year and weather you were a playoff team or not!

I could very EASILY see them going 14-2 or better with that schedule!! IDARE any Patriot fan to come on here and defend this!!! DOUBLE GOG DARE!!!

Matter a fact I'm gonna sign up on their boeard and POLITELY ask just that question right now!!!
                The pats will be favord in every game untill they match up against a team that has a better record then them. The only team i see having a better record then the pats or really close to there record is the colts and the cowboys. But untill they play a team with a better record then they do the patriots will be favord in every game. Do they even play the colts or cowboys
                sigpic Thanks Tebow for everything that you did on your short time being a Bronco. I will always be a fan of yours no matter where you are at.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post

all you get is the opponents the broncos are playing not the definite times and dates.
                  You always play the your divison home and away, that is six games, then 4 games against the NFC which is rotation thing, you get another 4 against another afc division(rotation again) then depending on where you finish the year before you can get 1st and 2nd place teams or 3rd and 4th place spread out through out your own conference.
                  they have 2009's opponents out already.
                  Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by #1BRONCSFAN View Post
                    The pats will be favord in every game untill they match up against a team that has a better record then them. The only team i see having a better record then the pats or really close to there record is the colts and the cowboys. But untill they play a team with a better record then they do the patriots will be favord in every game. Do they even play the colts or cowboys
                    They play the Colts but not the Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                      Thank You.

Their divisional opponents are quite a bunch eh?

:offtopic:

We even had the thread discussing how you must buy tickets for 2 games which seemed to upset people because they wanted to attend their favorite game on the schedule but was forced to buy another game's ticket as well.

So what's wrong with that?

We only get 8 home games every year and to me, EVERY SINGLE ONE is worth attending no matter WHO we are playing. That would go the same for the Patriot fans.

Looking at our own schedule, do any of you look at and say... I won't watch next week's game because we might be playing a struggling or losing team?

People complain about how long the off season is, yet when it's time to play we still have complaints. Who really cares about New England's schedule except for a particular Monday Night on October 20th.
                      For the buying 2 games, they do that in College all the time now, matter of fact, to get a ticket to OSU vs OU in Stillwater you have to buy season tix.

Seems to me the NFL wants to set up N.E. every year for a chance to go 16-0 and make the Super Bowl, especially cause Brady is their boy!

As far as strenth of schedule, we play either New England or Indy it seems like EVERY YEAR now for as long as I can remember, so I investigated it, and a MAJORITY of the teams in the NFL that DID NOT MAKE the PLAYOFFS, actually have harder schedules then New England this year. Doesn't that seem suspicious?

Comment

We can project opponents beyond 2009 if we wanted to. Using the guidelines below and knowing previous years' opponents you can easily see the pattern/rotation.

Nice presentation of this...
                        http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afcw.htm

Like bklynbronco said...

(A) home and away with the 3 other division teams - 6 games
                        (B) another division (on a 3 year rotating basis) in the same conference - 4 games
                        (C) another division (on a 4 year rotating basis) from the other conference - 4 games
                        (D) the previous year's same-place finishers from the other 2 same-conference divisions, alternating home and away - 2 games

The current size/configuration of the NFL right now allows for a clean, systematic scheduling process.

Doesn't NE's schedule seem easy every year? Hmmm...

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                          We can project opponents beyond 2009 if we wanted to. Using the guidelines below and knowing previous years' opponents you can easily see the pattern/rotation.

Nice presentation of this...
                          http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afcw.htm

Like bklynbronco said...

(A) home and away with the 3 other division teams - 6 games
                          (B) another division (on a 3 year rotating basis) in the same conference - 4 games
                          (C) another division (on a 4 year rotating basis) from the other conference - 4 games
                          (D) the previous year's same-place finishers from the other 2 same-conference divisions, alternating home and away - 2 games

The current size/configuration of the NFL right now allows for a clean, systematic scheduling process.

Doesn't NE's schedule seem easy every year? Hmmm...

untill that divison gets better they always have a easy sked.
                          yet they did play the nfc east one of the toughest divisions and swept them too so, so much for easy skeds.
                          Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Because the Patriots are pansies who need to pick on lesser teams to feel like big men?

Or because Tom Brady's boyfriend is our very own Jay Cutler. (I don't really mean that of course because Jay isn't gay, but if he was, he'd do better than Tom Brady.)

*Background info... I had a supervisior who is a big Patriots fan who also said that Jay is gay. My main comeback was, "Yeah, Jay may be gay but his boyfriend is Tom Brady. And Jay is the masculine one of the two."

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
                              so I investigated it, and a MAJORITY of the teams in the NFL that DID NOT MAKE the PLAYOFFS, actually have harder schedules then New England this year. Doesn't that seem suspicious?
                              No.

Like what was said, it's predetermined with the exception of 2 games.

The 2 games that are determined, depend on how you finish in your division. If you finished first in your division, you play the other team that finished first in the division of the same conference in which you don't play.

They might have an easy schedule, but they won't have an easier schedule than the dolphins, in terms of games against opponents not counting each other.

Comment

Working...
                              X