Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Army Changes Their Mind...

about Caleb Campbell.
    DETROIT -- Caleb Campbell will not get a chance to play for the Detroit Lions because of a change in military policy.

Campbell was a seventh-round draft pick for the Lions in April. At the time, Army policy would have allowed the West Point graduate to serve as a recruiter if he made the team.

But a subsequent Department of Defense policy has superseded the 2005 Army policy.

In a letter to Lions president Matt Millen dated Wednesday, U.S. Army Lt. Col. Jonathan P. Liba wrote that Campbell has been ordered to give up professional football for "full-time traditional military duties."

Liba wrote that 2nd Lt. Campbell may ask to be released from his active duty obligations in May 2010.

Liba said Campbell was allowed to enter the draft "in good faith."

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
    The military screwing someone over?? What else is new?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
      Hey, don't shoot the messenger pal

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
        Hey, don't shoot the massager pal

sigpic

Comment

Woah woah woah woah.

Comment

That's funny! The Army saying- "We let him enter the draft in good faith" is basically saying- "We didn't think he was good enough to get drafted" and now they have to try to salvage their "investment" into him. Hmph!
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

well, then he shouldn't of joined the army.
              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
                well, then he shouldn't of joined the army.
                Well, then they shouldn't have told him he could try to make a team.

Comment

That old Army slogan, "Be all you can be" is not sounding that great to Caleb Campbell right now, at least for his NFL career sake. What's a shame is that in two years what are the chances of a 2008 7th round pick making the NFL.

Comment

I know what you mean...

Maybe he should figure out a way to get discharged. Or go reserve.
                    And how is it that an American Idol contestant can be on American Idol even though he is active in the military, but military dude can't play football for oh, 6 months out of the year.

The Army should let the man play.

Comment

And how is it that an American Idol contestant can be on American Idol even though he is active in the military, but military dude can't play football for oh, 6 months out of the year.

The Army should let the man play.

i have one word for you that legendary will def agree with me on......

politics

dont try to understand them, and they dont want any questions....
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                        i have one word for you that legendary will def agree with me on......

politics

dont try to understand them, and they dont want any questions....
                        I work on a military base, I get it.

Comment

Working...
                        X