• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre Saga Over? Garcia Hurt?

Well here it is.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...rs-leg-injury/

GARCIA SUFFERS LEG INJURY
    Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2008, 10:45 a.m. EDT
    Buccaneers quarterback Jeff Garcia was carted off the practice field today with an apparent leg injury.

WDAE has a photo showing Garcia, still wearing his helmet and shoulder pads, sitting next to a Bucs trainer in a golf cart.

Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times reports that Garcia was injured during a non-contact drill. (We’re glad for the “non-contact” clarification. If Bucs coach Jon Gruden were putting Garcia through contact drills, he might as well hang a “Welcome Brett Favre” banner at Bucs camp.)

Per Stroud, Garcia felt discomfort in his right leg as he was rolling out and throwing, and he was seen limping toward the locker room.

Defensive tackle Jovan Haye, who started all 16 games for the Bucs last year, left practice with an apparent groin injury.
    Last edited by Bronc Knight; 07-31-2008, 09:17 AM.

link no worky

Comment

Originally posted by specialblend154 View Post
      link no worky
      The link worked for me but if just said that Garcia got hurt nothing about farvre becoming a buck.
      Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos0707 View Post
        The link worked for me but if just said that Garcia got hurt nothing about farvre becoming a buck.
        I know it says nothing about him becoming a Buc but this is what GB has been waiting for. Gruden loves QB's and if Jeff Garcia has a serious injury then this would be the perfect scenario to solve the Favre situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc Knight View Post
          I know it says nothing about him becoming a Buc but this is what GB has been waiting for. Gruden loves QB's and if Jeff Garcia has a serious injury then this would be the perfect scenario to solve the Favre situation.
          Except for one thing, Farvre wants a ring and tampa cant give it him.

Comment

Except for one thing, Farvre wants a ring and tampa cant give it him.
            He may not have a choice in the matter. You can bet the Packers are or have already called Tampa to ask about Garcia's injury. Tampa Bay was a playoff team last year and that isn't a bad situation to go into.

Comment

And wouldn't they go with Griese first? Not sure, but that'd make a little more sense.

Comment

Interesting news about Garcia, but there is nothing in this thread or the link to even remotely suggest the that the Favre saga is over

Comment

blah blah blah... don't bring that favre crap over here, if that ish ever ends i will get a broncos tattoo like those two guys that appear at the top of the page all the time... lol

Comment

Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                    And wouldn't they go with Griese first? Not sure, but that'd make a little more sense.
                    I don't know about you but if I have a choice between Griese and Favre I am taking Favre every time. Surely they will at least entertain the idea of trading for him. This all depends on the severity of Garcia's injury though.

Comment

Originally posted by London Bronco View Post
                      Interesting news about Garcia, but there is nothing in this thread or the link to even remotely suggest the that the Favre saga is over
                      As I have said I know it doesn't say anything about it being over. Hence the ? in the title. I am simply saying that possibly there is an end in sight after all to the never ending saga that is Brett Favre. And yes I know this doesn't relate to the Broncos but c'mon people the sooner all of this Favre talk is over with the sooner we can focus on something else. Like a possible suspension of a certain Broncos reciever we are all wanting to know about.

Comment

Gruden has like 4 or 5 QB's right now doesn't he? IMO they will use someone already on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_chica View Post
                          Gruden has like 4 or 5 QB's right now doesn't he? IMO they will use someone already on the roster.
                          That's what I'm saying. Use Griese, use one of the other QB's. Forget Farve. I hope he gets reinstated and no one wants him. Too much drama. This is football not Soaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc Knight View Post
                            As I have said I know it doesn't say anything about it being over. Hence the ? in the title. I am simply saying that possibly there is an end in sight after all to the never ending saga that is Brett Favre. And yes I know this doesn't relate to the Broncos but c'mon people the sooner all of this Favre talk is over with the sooner we can focus on something else. Like a possible suspension of a certain Broncos reciever we are all wanting to know about.
                            Why do you have to drag marshall into this

Comment

Why do you have to drag marshall into this
                              Whoa Whoa don't think that I dislike Marshall or anything like that and I'm sorry if I'm giving the wrong impression here. I am saying all I ever hear on ESPN and NFL Network is Favre Favre Favre. Goodell is getting involved with all of this but when is he going to make his decision on Bmarsh? I am not trying to drag Brandon Marshall into anything I am simply stating that I want to hear some other football news and that Marshall is at the top of things I want to know about. That's why I hope the Favre situation is put to rest so we don't hear about it every single day. And yes this thread is only adding to that but if it is the last time we have to talk about it then that is good news. I am not trying to stir up any trouble and I am a fan of Brandon Marshall.
                              Last edited by Bronc Knight; 07-31-2008, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X