No announcement yet.

Source: Al Davis talked Raiders WR Walker out of retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After this, I expect him to play half speed like what Randy Moss did for the Raiders when he was there to force Al Davis's hand.
    sigpic

Comment

It's his life. It's Javon's decision whether to play or not. Certain events along with injury and recovery is messing with him.

I don't think that is a cause to hate a [B]person[B]. Seriously, this is a great sport to play, but it is still just a great a sport. He's an ex-Bronco and I hope he can find peace to move on and be successful on and off the field. (Just not have impacting days against the Broncos.)

I also understand that everyone's maturity don't always allow them to manage their feelings and understanding of others.

The current Broncos have WR problems of our own. Go Broncos!
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

Poor Javon.He spends a week at Raiders camp and is like oh crap this place sucks.I gotta get outta here.

Comment

Solid Words....

Originally posted by Emancipator View Post
          It's his life. It's Javon's decision whether to play or not. Certain events along with injury and recovery is messing with him.

I don't think that is a cause to hate a [B]person[B]. Seriously, this is a great sport to play, but it is still just a great a sport. He's an ex-Bronco and I hope he can find peace to move on and be successful on and off the field. (Just not have impacting days against the Broncos.)

I also understand that everyone's maturity don't always allow them to manage their feelings and understanding of others.

The current Broncos have WR problems of our own. Go Broncos!
          I really think the guy needs to get some help in general. The event he went through w/ DWill is easily classified in the "potential for PTSD" category. Then to make the decisions he made in Vegas and get worked over like that, there's obviously a problem now.

I've been cold in my posts about JW in the past but the guy needs some pro help. Might not be a bad idea to retire....at least temporarily. Go do some body and mind healin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoballa2684 View Post
            sorry but paul pierce didnt have his friend and teammate die in his arms.
            And nearly being stabbed to death is any less traumatic?
            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

broncomj and tpryce93- That's gotta be one of the most ignorant comments i've ever heard. You'll never know what he's going though, so just shutup, and when you have experiences like that, just maybe you'll know what it's like.

Comment

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
                broncomj and tpryce93- That's gotta be one of the most ignorant comments i've ever heard. You'll never know what he's going though, so just shutup, and when you have experiences like that, just maybe you'll know what it's like.
                I'm not sure what angle you are coming from here, but Javon Walker seemed to have personality problems long before D Williams death (spitting his dummy out at GB)

Comment

If Randy Moss couldn't make it through there how could Javon?

Bah Javon you should retire right before week 1. You'd earn my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                    javon and vince young should just retire already so they can go clubbing full time

i now hate these guys with a passion

the opportunity they have, the skill they possess...and they've contemplated retiring?

weak weak weak, hopefully they both seriously get their asses handed to them this season
                    You're an idiot.

Walker had a close friend die in his arms after being shot in the neck. His knee is obviously not doing real well. This summer he got the crap beat out of him and robbed.

I think those events happening to anyone would probably make them just want to move on with their life. He has had an absolutely awful 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Artamentous View Post
                      You're an idiot.

Walker had a close friend die in his arms after being shot in the neck. His knee is obviously not doing real well. This summer he got the crap beat out of him and robbed.

I think those events happening to anyone would probably make them just want to move on with their life. He has had an absolutely awful 2 years.
                      moving on with his life would be less time out drinking late at night, more time catching footballs

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoballa2684 View Post
                        sorry but paul pierce didnt have his friend and teammate die in his arms.

mother ****ing dot

Originally posted by hambone13 View Post
                        I really think the guy needs to get some help in general. The event he went through w/ DWill is easily classified in the "potential for PTSD" category. Then to make the decisions he made in Vegas and get worked over like that, there's obviously a problem now.

I've been cold in my posts about JW in the past but the guy needs some pro help. Might not be a bad idea to retire....at least temporarily. Go do some body and mind healin'...

Agreed. A guy called into Sirius radio on the Afternoon Blitz back when J Walk got snuffed in Vegas and he had a super deep call and explained what PTSD is and how he was a Vietnam vet who suffered from it and how to treat it. Its really sad and I hope J Walk can help himself in any way, shape or form. I honestly hope people cheer for him when he comes to Denver, hes forever connected to us through DWil and we should treat him like family.

Comment

Originally posted by Artamentous View Post
                          You're an idiot.

this piece of crap could go rob a bank, and people like you would come on here and cry about giving him a break, rather than ever taking responsiblity for his actions, the rest of his life.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just wonder how long it will take for Al Davis to realize he made a huge mistake of talking Javon out of retirement. If Javon felt that he wasn't measuring up it was only right for him to call it quits and return the money. I think after the incident in Las Vegas, which resulted in him getting hurt pretty bad has messed with his confidence. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
                              I feel soooo bad for Javon. The poor guy had things happen to him that pretty much no one can relate to. I know the guy is rich, but when you feel like that nothing matters. nothing. This is very serious, someone needs to intervene..
                              someone not interested in his athletic ability.

Javon just start Walking away from the troubled path.
                              I hope he's in an ok place "Mentally" as well. No amount of money will stop suicide.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Working...
                              X