Mike Bell hurt in Houston, and Javon Walker retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Bell hurt in Houston, and Javon Walker retirement

I was reading my paper today (in Houston), and new texans running back Mike Bell is hurt, and Javon Walker said he wanted to retire. Javon sounds like a nut...I guess Denver made some good choices

Conditioning issues

The Texans were back down to just four available running backs Saturday morning when Mike Bell left practice early with a hamstring issue.

Bell’s return is uncertain. His injury was most likely caused from being behind the rest of the team in terms of conditioning.

“To be honest with you, he’s not in the shape the rest of our football team is, and we found that out real fast,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “He got gassed the first night he was out here, he got gassed earlier today, and he’s not up with our team. Unfortunately, that’s what happens when you bring guys in the middle of camp ... If they’re not in excellent shape, they get exposed in a way very, very quick. I just don’t think he was in very good condition.”

Report: Walker wanted to retire from Raiders

NAPA, Calif. (AP) Oakland Raiders receiver Javon Walker told the team he wanted to retire and offered to return his $11 million signing bonus before being talked out of it by owner Al Davis.

ESPN, citing an unidentified source, reported Saturday that Walker told the team on Thursday of his intentions to retire. Walker has been at practice the past two days and apparently has had a change of heart.

"That's a done issue," Walker said late Saturday following the Raiders' evening practice. "I'm not really sure what happened but that's a done issue. That's something that obviously people hear stuff. I'm here practicing, waiting, and (I) obviously can't wait till the season starts."

"I'm in a great frame of mind. Why wouldn't I (be)? I'm with a new team, a great bunch of guys. I'm looking forward to getting this season on the road and actually looking forward to going into next week and try to put everything together as a team and as an offense."

When asked about it, Lane Kiffin responded...

"I worry a lot about it," Kiffin said. "For someone to discuss retirement, and then to come back and change his mind a day later. I'm worried a lot about it. I'm worried about where he's at mentally, because these things happen sometimes and they come back up again, because maybe they come back and maybe it isn't necessarily for the right reasons. So were going to continue to communicate with him and push him out there on the field and get him better."

http://http://www.chron.com/disp/sto...t/5921425.html

http://stats.chron.com/fb/story.asp?...42010750000201
    Last edited by Bouncer1531; 08-03-2008, 06:47 PM.
    Nobody reads sigs, hell nobody even reads my posts

How unfortunate for Bell to get hurt with only having been a Texan for a few days.

Comment

Psh. I'd want to retire too if I was playing for the Raiders. Although Walker sounds like a perfect fit for them.

I am ssssoooo turning my Walker jersey into a Sharpe jersey.

I hope Mike heals okay.
      sigpic

Comment

That conditioning part is a little curious.

When did Bell get cut from Denver?

Does Houston have more intense practices than Denver?

Comment

I'm sorry, but the more I read about Javon, the more I think he needs counseling. He needs to deal with things and he's not. I know he's has previous episodes of immaturity, but this guy is starting to remind me of Brittany Spears. It's sad to watch.
          Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
          Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
          Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Hmm that conditioning thing was a little weird.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
              I'm sorry, but the more I read about Javon, the more I think he needs counseling. He needs to deal with things and he's not. I know he's has previous episodes of immaturity, but this guy is starting to remind me of Brittany Spears. It's sad to watch.
              I think there are some D-Will things he hasn't taken care of. He does need help.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
                it's probably nothing new and people have likely always been like this. it's just that we as a culture are just so prone to poking and prodding more than ever.
                Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

The D-Will excuse is old... He just needs to take responsibility for himself instead of alway looking for a crutch to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog7 View Post
                    The D-Will excuse is old... He just needs to take responsibility for himself instead of alway looking for a crutch to use.

Dude you dont know what the F you are talking about. it was a CLOSE FRIENDS death that happened RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. if you knew anything you would know that things affect people differantly. Get over yourself.

so i guess all those soldiers that are coming home with PTS need to just get over themselves too huh

For that comment i award you NO points. We are all now stupider for reading them.. Go Sit in the corner
                    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                    While he sits by his hearth at home.
                    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog7 View Post
                      why bother getting a professional medical opinion, this guy is clearly has all the answers.

let's let a close friend get shot to death in your arms, all the while knowing it could've been you instead, or you too. and we'll see how you turn out, first.
                      Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                      Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcore Bronco Babe View Post
                        How unfortunate for Bell to get hurt with only having been a Texan for a few days.
                        It doesn't sound like fortune had much to do with it, from Kubiak's comments Bell was out of shape. No excuses for that really unless you are carrying an existing injury which i don't believe he was going by Kubiak's comments. In actual fact, if Bell turns up at Houston in such bad shape, i'd be quite suprised if he made their 53 unless they are real desperate at RB which i don't think they are

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

this is SOOOOOO like you

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

I have to look it up...but I don't think Mike Bell participated in our 2 a day practices (I think he got cut before then). Again I could be wrong, anyway I don't think Houston practices harder than us. Most of what Kubiak has installed down there was based on how we did things here.

However we have to keep in mind that Houston is VERY hot, and VERY humid this time of year. The Heat+Humidity+Out of shape player = Bad news! Anyway here is to hoping that he recovers quickly.

Thx,
                            Joe
                            Last edited by garzjoe; 08-04-2008, 04:11 PM. Reason: grammer/spelling
                            To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X