Left Tackles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Tackles

I know a lot of Bronco fans were wanting Chris Williams or Brandon Albert, so I was wondering if anyone had been keeping track of how those two, as well as the other OTs taken in the first couple of rounds? I know Albert is hurt, and that Jake Long has been having terrible trouble with the speed rushers in camp.

If what your saying is true then that means Clady has been doing the best out of all of them seeing that reports say nothing can get past him.

Comment

I wish I could remember the poster's name that was spouting off that we had made a HUGE reach by taking Clady over Alberts in the first round. I remember saying that Clady was rated the BEST tackle in the Draft after the #1 overall pick, and was rated to be the top guy to be a franchise type LT..... yet he was a REACH at #12??? ALbert on the the other hand, had a whopping 4 games as a tackle in college. So Clady was the reach

But I looked up the draft day thread on Ryan Clady.... and here are the names in that thread that thought this guy was simply a bust from the moment being drafted....

jvw.
      Nash79
      Broncs4life75
      JustBlaze2729 (of course the name tells you what is impairing his thoughts)
      imready (even said he would eat his own shorts if Clady ever went to pro-bowl)

So I'm calling you guys out. Still feel that the pick for Ryan CLady was a bad choice??

Comment

Williams is hurt right now, too. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,5410688.story

And, for all those who wanted a running back over O-line, check this recent article about Mendenhall out:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_580959.html
        Last edited by Flatlander Fan; 08-05-2008, 01:14 PM.
        Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
        FF is awesome!

Comment

I totally think Clady was the best pick for the Broncos and they won't be disappointed with their choice.

Comment

Clady has looked amazing in camp. The guy is a beast. Here are some pics if you guys want them:

Here is a good series of him through the snap:

One final one:

Comment

That's Doom he's facing off against in the first two pics, right?

Who's in the third pic? I notice his knee is taped up...
              Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
              FF is awesome!

Comment

Its Larry Birdine. Here is the rest of the series:

Comment

This dude is effing huge!!!!

Comment

hopefully with all this positive training camp news and he can show it on the field.

i cant wait to see what he's got in the preseason.

Comment

Hopefully Mario Williams lines up -vs- Clady this weekend...That would give us a good clue how well he is doing

On a personal note I wasn't that high on him and boy was I wrong (thanks baby Jeebus)

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        I wish I could remember the poster's name that was spouting off that we had made a HUGE reach by taking Clady over Alberts in the first round. I remember saying that Clady was rated the BEST tackle in the Draft after the #1 overall pick, and was rated to be the top guy to be a franchise type LT..... yet he was a REACH at #12??? ALbert on the the other hand, had a whopping 4 games as a tackle in college. So Clady was the reach

But I looked up the draft day thread on Ryan Clady.... and here are the names in that thread that thought this guy was simply a bust from the moment being drafted....

jvw.
                        Nash79
                        Broncs4life75
                        JustBlaze2729 (of course the name tells you what is impairing his thoughts)
                        imready (even said he would eat his own shorts if Clady ever went to pro-bowl)

So I'm calling you guys out. Still feel that the pick for Ryan CLady was a bad choice??
                        I don't know any of those guys. I doubt they're still around either.
                        sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Per a link in the general discussion, Chris Williams may be out for the whole year. I wonder if it is the same type of back injury that Harris had last year?

Also, no link, but a friend of mine who is a huge Dolphins fan says that Jake Long was indeed struggling in one on one drills, but has done much better during team activities, but still not first round Left Tackle good. He still struggles with pass blocking. Perhaps the scouts were correct in labeling him a GREAT RT but mediocre LT.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurada View Post
                            Per a link in the general discussion, Chris Williams may be out for the whole year. I wonder if it is the same type of back injury that Harris had last year?

Also, no link, but a friend of mine who is a huge Dolphins fan says that Jake Long was indeed struggling in one on one drills, but has done much better during team activities, but still not first round Left Tackle good. He still struggles with pass blocking. Perhaps the scouts were correct in labeling him a GREAT RT but mediocre LT.
                            Yeah.. many said that he was make an outstanding RT, but weren't sure on his ability to handle the LT spot in the NFL. That would be interesting to see.

I was THRILLED when Clady dropped all the way down to us. I couldnt' believe it then, and still can't believe it now.

Considering Williams is suffering from an injury to his back that is supposed to be from previous injuries. That just makes the fact that Clady was available to us that much MORE important.

Comment

Yes, I wonder if management would have taken Williams or Albert had Clady been gone?

Comment

Working...
                              X