Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Next Great Dynasty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Next Great Dynasty

    Everybody knows the Colts and Patriots are great dynasties. The Colts came from being a bottom-dweller and rode the coattails of their #1 overall pick Peyton manning for the next 10 years. The Patriots were good, but when Brady stepped onto the scene it seemed like everything fell into place with defense and they just kept getting better through the years. What team shows signs of being close to putting together a dynasty-like run?
    75
    Denver of course! (Homer Pick)
    61.33%
    46
    Other AFC West - Chargers, Chiefs, or Raiders
    5.33%
    4
    AFC East - Patriots, Jets, Bills, or Dolphins
    0.00%
    0
    AFC North - Ravens, Bengals, Browns, or Steelers
    6.67%
    5
    AFC South - Texans, Colts, Jaguars, or Titans
    10.67%
    8
    NFC West - Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, or Seahawks
    1.33%
    1
    NFC East - Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, or Redskins
    10.67%
    8
    NFC North - Bears, Lions, Packers or Vikings
    4.00%
    3
    NFC South - Falcons, Panthers, Saints or Bucs
    0.00%
    0
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

    sigpic

  • #2
    The only dynasty I can think of, which didn't have a great quarterback, were the 70's Steelers. (Bradshaw fans save it, I don't care). It's all about which existing quarterback, or future quarterback, is going to emerge. If he's lucky enough to get a defense and O Line like Brady, then we might see the next dynasty. Barring injuries.

    Comment


    • #3
      Gonna have to choke this out,but the Sparklers are built for long term success

      Comment


      • #4
        The Pats are a dynasty, the Colts are nowhere close to being one. You have to win more than one Super Bowl to be considered a dynasty. The Colts are a consistent winning team during the regular season, and no more.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by coloradomedic View Post
          The Pats are a dynasty, the Colts are nowhere close to being one. You have to win more than one Super Bowl to be considered a dynasty. The Colts are a consistent winning team during the regular season, and no more.
          I meant to say that they are not a dynasty in terms of winning SBs, but they are a dynasty in terms of being completely and utterly dominant for years (save a couple choke performances in the playoffs).

          By the way, I voted for the Cowboys. They are the Chargers of the NFC, but the organization has the pedigree and history of dominance that the Chargers don't.
          Last edited by Lomax; 08-06-2008, 01:35 PM.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DrewB View Post
            Gonna have to choke this out,but the Sparklers are built for long term success
            Well, possibly. They draft well and they have a great roster right now but I hear that they're going to be in some pretty deep cap related poo sometime in the future.
            sigpic

            Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

            Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              The only dynasty I can think of, which didn't have a great quarterback, were the 70's Steelers. (Bradshaw fans save it, I don't care). It's all about which existing quarterback, or future quarterback, is going to emerge. If he's lucky enough to get a defense and O Line like Brady, then we might see the next dynasty. Barring injuries.
              i can't seem to find out anywhere, but did the raiders have a good QB back when they were more or less a dynasty?
              disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

              Comment


              • #8
                Chargers.

                A lot like Colts.

                Colts had several successful seasons, only for Manning to not get over that hump and win his first, then the success just snowballed after that.

                I can see the same thing happening with the Chargers unfortunately.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                  The only dynasty I can think of, which didn't have a great quarterback, were the 70's Steelers. (Bradshaw fans save it, I don't care). It's all about which existing quarterback, or future quarterback, is going to emerge. If he's lucky enough to get a defense and O Line like Brady, then we might see the next dynasty. Barring injuries.
                  Even though I cannot stand Bradshaw, he isn't in the HOF for nothing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                    i can't seem to find out anywhere, but did the raiders have a good QB back when they were more or less a dynasty?
                    Ken the snake Stabler. They had the best winning % of any professional sports team in the 70s.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                      Everybody knows the Colts and Patriots are great dynasties. The Colts came from being a bottom-dweller and rode the coattails of their #1 overall pick Peyton manning for the next 10 years. The Patriots were good, but when Brady stepped onto the scene it seemed like everything fell into place with defense and they just kept getting better through the years. What team shows signs of being close to putting together a dynasty-like run?
                      the colts aren't a great dynasty

                      a dynasty is a team who wins 3 championships or more with a core set of players / HC

                      you can say NE is, but you can also infuse spygate and the fact that they were caught cheating and fined a draft pick and cash from the nfl, which taints their dynasty.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                        Everybody knows the Colts and Patriots are great dynasties. The Colts came from being a bottom-dweller and rode the coattails of their #1 overall pick Peyton manning for the next 10 years. The Patriots were good, but when Brady stepped onto the scene it seemed like everything fell into place with defense and they just kept getting better through the years. What team shows signs of being close to putting together a dynasty-like run?
                        While the Colts have had some good seasons of late, I would not call them a dynasty. After all, they have only one Championship. Was Denver called a dynasty in the late 90's? They won two.
                        If you love NFL stats and history
                        pro-football-reference.com
                        jt-sw.com/football

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                          i can't seem to find out anywhere, but did the raiders have a good QB back when they were more or less a dynasty?
                          They had Ken Stabler back in the 70's. He was ok, but not great.
                          If you love NFL stats and history
                          pro-football-reference.com
                          jt-sw.com/football

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I guess i must have orange and blue tinted eyes (not just glasses, because eyes are permanent) but of course it's the Broncos. Who wants to be realistic when it's perfectly acceptable to be a blatant homer!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              when talking about "dynasties", they all have a few things in common:Great QB,Solid Defense,and they don't get bit by the injury bug.We have a great QB in the making so all we need is our defense to improve(very young front 4 so give them time),and good luck with injuries and we could be the next dynasty in a few years.

                              OK I'll admit I am a HOMER
                              Not even the dark side of the force can help Al Davis win another division title

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X