X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    The difference is, the Colts and Patriots have a good coach..............
    Well, it could be argued that one of those good coaches was outcoached by Turner in their playoff game. He certainly found a way to contain Manning.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Chargers.

A lot like Colts.

Colts had several successful seasons, only for Manning to not get over that hump and win his first, then the success just snowballed after that.

I can see the same thing happening with the Chargers unfortunately.
    The difference is, the Colts and Patriots have a good coach..............

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
    When they were talking about what a dynasty was on NFLTA TD called us a dynasty. Plus, if you weren't considering Super Bowl wins, just appearances, the Bills would be #1 for going to four straight, nobody calls them a dynasty, so the Colts aren't a dynasty.(just proving your point a little) Back on topic, we're the next great dynasty, could I say anything else?
    While I will agree that technically the Colts are not a "dynasty" in the SB sense, you can't compare them to the bills because, for the last 5 years or so, they have been arguably the most dominant team in the top conference during the regular season. The Bills ruled the inferior AFC in the early 90s, but that's sort of like being the smartest kid in a special ed. class.

If they aren't a "dynasty", there needs to be another word for a team that is dominant for so long.

Leave a comment:

• Shutdown
    replied
    I voted for the Steelers. They always seem to have good, hard-hitting D. Their quarterback is top five from last year (Brady, Manning, Favre, Romo, Roth). The running game can pound it out and make Defenses worry about it. It may fall through. But I could see them coming along in the next few years, especially if Roth gets better.

The Chargers do have a solid team, but won't they be losing some guys to FA/the cap soon? I think this was mentioned before. Plus, I think guys will want to leave (emerging guys like Cromartie) if they don't start winning SBs real soon.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Breezer View Post
    While the Colts have had some good seasons of late, I would not call them a dynasty. After all, they have only one Championship. Was Denver called a dynasty in the late 90's? They won two.
    When they were talking about what a dynasty was on NFLTA TD called us a dynasty. Plus, if you weren't considering Super Bowl wins, just appearances, the Bills would be #1 for going to four straight, nobody calls them a dynasty, so the Colts aren't a dynasty.(just proving your point a little) Back on topic, we're the next great dynasty, could I say anything else?

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    i was lazy and didn't quote whoever said the Chargers have the talent for years to come and draft well etc.

the problem with the chargers though is that they suck.

at least manning finally won a superbowl...

i don't think any other team that had that good of a team (the chargers) would suck and choke that much.

actually maybe the colts and chargers are exactly alike save for that one huge detail that the chargers can't win a superbowl.

none the less, they won't be a dynasty anytime soon because of that fact.

the colts still have some time if manning can get them back twice...but i doubt it.

i like denver's chances, but that's because i always think denver is going to win the superbowl every year....well, at least i'd like them to.

heck, if the giants keep it up, they might emerge...if they can keep that great defense going...eli's really actually coming along too.

i still wanna see a Manning War Super Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• Eddiemac730
    replied
    Jay Cutler is going to win a super bowl before Phillip Rivers ......

The Denver Broncos are going to be the Next dynasty in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
    elway didn't have an amazing defense did he? i mean in retrospect the only thing i can do is look up stats, and i know there all top 5 and stuff but wasn't it a bit high because of how good the offense was, etc? i know they had atwater and a few other stars, but its not like they had multiple surefire hofs on it.
    If I remember correctly, the 97 Broncos team was the worst run defense to ever win a Super Bowl at one point... but that has a lot to do with the style of defense too.

Leave a comment:

• Combo1985
    replied
    elway didn't have an amazing defense did he? i mean in retrospect the only thing i can do is look up stats, and i know there all top 5 and stuff but wasn't it a bit high because of how good the offense was, etc? i know they had atwater and a few other stars, but its not like they had multiple surefire hofs on it.
    elway had a damn good defense and good special teams. not to mention the best running game in the league. that was the reason we went 17-2.

Leave a comment:

• broncos1997
    replied
    Originally posted by Anhydrous View Post
    when talking about "dynasties", they all have a few things in common:Great QB,Solid Defense,and they don't get bit by the injury bug.We have a great QB in the making so all we need is our defense to improve(very young front 4 so give them time),and good luck with injuries and we could be the next dynasty in a few years.

OK I'll admit I am a HOMER

Leave a comment:

• Combo1985
    replied
    Originally posted by Lomax View Post
    Everybody knows the Colts and Patriots are great dynasties. The Colts came from being a bottom-dweller and rode the coattails of their #1 overall pick Peyton manning for the next 10 years. The Patriots were good, but when Brady stepped onto the scene it seemed like everything fell into place with defense and they just kept getting better through the years. What team shows signs of being close to putting together a dynasty-like run?
    isnt a dynasty winning a super bowl 3 times with the same players? colts only won one

Leave a comment:

• Anhydrous
    replied
    when talking about "dynasties", they all have a few things in common:Great QB,Solid Defense,and they don't get bit by the injury bug.We have a great QB in the making so all we need is our defense to improve(very young front 4 so give them time),and good luck with injuries and we could be the next dynasty in a few years.

OK I'll admit I am a HOMER

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Hyde
    replied
    I guess i must have orange and blue tinted eyes (not just glasses, because eyes are permanent) but of course it's the Broncos. Who wants to be realistic when it's perfectly acceptable to be a blatant homer!

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    replied
    i can't seem to find out anywhere, but did the raiders have a good QB back when they were more or less a dynasty?
    They had Ken Stabler back in the 70's. He was ok, but not great.

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    replied
    Originally posted by Lomax View Post
    Everybody knows the Colts and Patriots are great dynasties. The Colts came from being a bottom-dweller and rode the coattails of their #1 overall pick Peyton manning for the next 10 years. The Patriots were good, but when Brady stepped onto the scene it seemed like everything fell into place with defense and they just kept getting better through the years. What team shows signs of being close to putting together a dynasty-like run?
    While the Colts have had some good seasons of late, I would not call them a dynasty. After all, they have only one Championship. Was Denver called a dynasty in the late 90's? They won two.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X