The Next Great Dynasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Well, it could be argued that one of those good coaches was outcoached by Turner in their playoff game. He certainly found a way to contain Manning.
    one out of two ain't bad, hey?

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
      The Chargers have probably a 1-2 year window left. When FA hits many of their start players, it's going to be very tough for them to keep the depth they have. Plus, LT is not getting any younger.

That's not true at all. San Diego is actually in a great position to retain the majority of their impact players, and add to it. They are arguably in one of the best spots an NFL team can be in if the uncapped year hits. Far better off than Denver.

As far as LT goes, he's done nothing in given them success in the playoffs. In fact, it wasn't until he was hurt, and a literal non factor, that they started winning in the playoffs. They are a strong enough team, and will be just fine when LT is done. In fact, they were in the post season last year.
      Last edited by Peanut; 02-25-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
        The Chargers have probably a 1-2 year window left. When FA hits many of their start players, it's going to be very tough for them to keep the depth they have. Plus, LT is not getting any younger.
        They will be a tough team for awhile, and who knows, they may even weasel a championship out of it (Although thinking of Norv Turner winning a championship makes me lollerskate).

The next Dynasty looming on the Horizon is....
        The Broncos of course!!
        Legitimate point about LT not getting any younger. He has said he'll fulfill his contract, which runs through 2011. But realistically, he's only got 2 or 3 years of great play left likely.

However, you are wrong about the Chargers and their free-agency situation. They have extended the majority of their starters to long-term contracts, and there are only a few that would hit the market in the next few years, and the Chargers are well-positioned under the salary cap. It's possible that Merriman and Cromartie prove impossible to sign, in which case the Chargers will likely use the franchise tag if need-be.

I'm not exactly sure how AJ Smith did it, but he's got this team perfectly positioned for some runs at the title over the next few years. And the funny thing is that the lineup is one of the youngest in the league, so they should only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
          Legitimate point about LT not getting any younger. He has said he'll fulfill his contract, which runs through 2011. But realistically, he's only got 2 or 3 years of great play left likely.

However, you are wrong about the Chargers and their free-agency situation. They have extended the majority of their starters to long-term contracts, and there are only a few that would hit the market in the next few years, and the Chargers are well-positioned under the salary cap. It's possible that Merriman and Cromartie prove impossible to sign, in which case the Chargers will likely use the franchise tag if need-be.

I'm not exactly sure how AJ Smith did it, but he's got this team perfectly positioned for some runs at the title over the next few years. And the funny thing is that the lineup is one of the youngest in the league, so they should only get better.
          You mentioned Merriman and Cro.... What about Igor, Rivers, Gates, Mcneil, VJ, Chambers and a few others.... I know you resigned Castillo and Hart but the rest of the guys are not....
          sigpic

Comment

I had to say the AFC North....... I think that the Browns are the next team to come down the line to be great. I think they got a great young QB, a Dominate WR, a monster LT, I think that have accuired some solid young players for the D. Plus they got Quinn, someone is going to pay a hefty price to get him next offseason, and that is going to lead to a couple extra picks (my guess is something like the 2 seconds and a third that Atl got for Schaub)I think that Cleveland is going to be a very dominate team in the very near future
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
              You mentioned Merriman and Cro.... What about Igor, Rivers, Gates, Mcneil, VJ, Chambers and a few others.... I know you resigned Castillo and Hart but the rest of the guys are not....
              I think that the biggest thing working agianst the Chargers is LT. How many years the guy got left? He had a lot of carries in a short time, and RB's talent leaves them very fast (Shawn Alexander). I say he has 2 more dominate years at best and then he is going to fall off fast
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                I think that the biggest thing working agianst the Chargers is LT. How many years the guy got left? He had a lot of carries in a short time, and RB's talent leaves them very fast (Shawn Alexander). I say he has 2 more dominate years at best and then he is going to fall off fast
                Pure speculation on your part. LT is not Shaun Alexander...nor has he taken the hits many RB's take...plus, he's motivated. Something guys in their late 20's and early 30's lose.

Only time will tell if a new dynasty emerges during a time when Free Agents move to different teams to chase the almight $$$, rather than championships.

Go Bolts!
                Bolts hand Denver its worst home loss since 1966

"I don't know if I've ever been more embarrassed," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said following a 41-3 home loss to the Chargers, the Broncos third straight defeat against their AFC West rival. "I don't think our players have ever been more embarrassed to put on that type of show." - October 7, 2007
                http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7112334

Comment

Originally posted by YouCantTouchLT View Post
                  Pure speculation on your part. LT is not Shaun Alexander...nor has he taken the hits many RB's take...plus, he's motivated. Something guys in their late 20's and early 30's lose.

Only time will tell if a new dynasty emerges during a time when Free Agents move to different teams to chase the almight $$$, rather than championships.

Go Bolts!
                  http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=114343
                  sigpic

Comment

Go Bolts!
                    The Pats were able to do it. They've been charmed by having a horrible division for several years. Of course, great drafts, a fantastic QB, coach, front office, etc. will make it that much easier.

The one thing working against the Cowboys is that they are in one of the strongest NFL divisions. It's hard to get the 1 or 2 seed year after year if you keep smashing heads against tough division rivals.

For the same reason, I can't see the Broncos being a dynasty until SD sucks again. The easiest division to start a dynasty would be the NFC West. Nothing but cupcake teams there.
                    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

I'm a homer, but to be honest, I'd have to say SanDiego! (unless Denver can somehow come out on top)!
                      Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Go Bolts!
                        You are right LT isnt Shaun Alexander...... Alexander would have playerd in the Championship game even if he was hurt. That really showed me what LT was about..... Lets sit out the biggest game of the year and let my back up try and lead us........Grow a heart

a 60% LT is twice as good as a 100% Turner

Comment

Working...
                        X