Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fins Sign Pennington

PENNINGTON LANDS IN MIAMI
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 8, 2008, 9:24 p.m.
    In the end, quarterback Chad Pennington wasn’t unemployed for long.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Pennington has agreed to terms with the Dolphins on a two-year deal.

Pennington, who was drafted by Fins V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells when Parcells was the G.M. of the Jets in 2000, becomes an instant candidate for the starting quarterback job in Miami.

And, ironically, Pennington will get a crack at the team that dumped him in Week One of the regular season, when the Jets travel to Miami

This seems to be a very smart move by the Dolphins. A mature, experienced QB, who has had a successful career, and who can mentor the young ones. I've been a fan of Chad's, and I'm happy he gets a new start, in an exciting (maybe a little too exciting) situation. It's the old story, people want to go where they're wanted. Ironically, his next season or two may be better than the guy that caused his demise. Just like any other QB, if he gets some running game behind him, and minimizes mistakes, he'll do well. We'll be able to check back a few months from now to see who wins this competition - The Jets and Brett or Chad and Miami. To be honest, I hope both succeed.

Comment

i think he's pretty much done in the nfl, but i'd love to see him somehow start the 2 jets games this year and out perform favre, and somehow some way , stiff arm favre into a gaggle of jets fans

that would be sweet
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        i think he's pretty much done in the nfl, but i'd love to see him somehow start the 2 jets games this year and out perform favre, and somehow some way , stiff arm favre into a gaggle of jets fans

that would be sweet
        Chad Pennington, Tom Brady, Brett Favre and whoever the hell plays for the Bills in one division...

What are the odds Pennington gets the better in that division?
        Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Working...
        X