Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious "lulz" article on ESPN

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Serious "lulz" article on ESPN

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ohn&id=3529616

    So how much did Clayton get under-the-table for writing this steaming pile?
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

  • #2
    What's wrong with it? I thought it was a nice read.

    Comment


    • #3
      I can't believe Heimerdinger swapped Cutler for Young. With any luck he's going to regret that. Maybe he didn't think Cutler would do so well because of his fatigue pre-diabetes diagnosis. I can imagine his face when he read that...
      sigpic

      Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

      Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Max Power View Post
        What's wrong with it? I thought it was a nice read.
        The phrases "Vince Young" and "elite NFL quarterback" are in the same sentence. And Clayton claims that the Titans have a solid arsenal of offensive weapons. Just more of the Vince Young hype machine if you ask me.
        sigpicthanks Freyaka

        Comment


        • #5
          LOL, more ignorant morons who label a qb by how many games he wins. Anyone see what he did last year?

          Passing
          Year G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
          2007 15 382 238 62.3 25.5 2,546 6.7 169.7 9 2.4 17 4.5 73 24 5 25 157 71.1

          2006 Tennessee Titans 15 357 184 51.5 23.8 2,199 6.2 146.6 12 3.4 13 3.6 53 33 1 25 129 66.7

          TOTAL 30 739 422 57.1 24.6 4,745 6.4 158.2 21 2.8 30 4.1 73 57 6 50 286 69.0


          Rushing
          Year Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
          2007 Tennessee Titans 15 93 6.2 395 4.2 26.3 3 21 24 25.8 2 0 5

          2006 Tennessee Titans 15 83 5.5 552 6.7 36.8 7 39T 31 37.3 6 0 6

          TOTAL 30 176 5.9 947 5.4 31.6 10 39 55 31.2 8 0 11

          He is REALLY not the reason the titans win games. Struggles to get 150 yards a game and last year threw almost twice as many ints as tds. His rookie year was a little better but still nothing great. 9 tds and 17 ints in 15 games? WOW, I remember he went like 7 games i think without throwing a td.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
            LOL, more ignorant morons who label a qb by how many games he wins.
            thank god i'm not the only one who thinks this. winning is not something you attribute solely to a qb or sometimes at all. esp in young's case.

            this article pretty much was fluff. not overly retarded but pretty close.

            With Peyton Manning sidelined with a knee infection and Tom Brady nursing an ankle injury, you wonder, "Where are the next great quarterbacks coming from?" On a recent trip to Nashville, Tenn., to see Titans quarterback Vince Young, I saw hope for the present and the future.

            are they serious? vince young sucks. and i'm not someone who just parades around saying everyone sucks if they're not peyton manning or if they don't toss 40 touchdowns a year. he can't throw. his accuracy is ass. his release is slow and telegraphed, and his mechanics and throwing motion look like a 14 year old girl.

            he has good instincts though. and sometimes that's very flashy and flashy sells people on him. but he's a perfect example that al gut and no talent doesn't equal success in this league.


            Young has Michael Vick-type running ability

            k, no, he doesn't. like vick or hate him, he was in a class all his own. young's fast, pretty agile, but no one is mike vick. no one. young's a poor mans vick, in every regard. guy was probably THE most overrated rookie quarterback i've ever seen. pro bowl? madden cover? for a guy who was the equivalent of philip rivers, who relies on his defense and running game, and timely plays made easy? c'mon. it's almost like we want him to be good so we can praise him.

            "Look at it, Vince threw nine touchdown passes and 18 interceptions last year," Crumpler said. "He had the Pacman Jones distraction. He had an injury. Yet he wins 10 games and goes to the playoffs in the AFC South, a tough division. We have a quarterback. His game management just has to get a little bit better. He's a difference-maker."

            read this two or three times and really think about it-THIS DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE. my oh my lol...

            young weas right about one thing-he always looked like he was just standing on the spot and bouncing in the pocket, rather than moving where and when he should. he looked like an idle street fighter character.
            Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.


            Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
            Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
              thank god i'm not the only one who thinks this. winning is not something you attribute solely to a qb or sometimes at all. esp in young's case.

              this article pretty much was fluff. not overly retarded but pretty close.

              With Peyton Manning sidelined with a knee infection and Tom Brady nursing an ankle injury, you wonder, "Where are the next great quarterbacks coming from?" On a recent trip to Nashville, Tenn., to see Titans quarterback Vince Young, I saw hope for the present and the future.

              are they serious? vince young sucks. and i'm not someone who just parades around saying everyone sucks if they're not peyton manning or if they don't toss 40 touchdowns a year. he can't throw. his accuracy is ass. his release is slow and telegraphed, and his mechanics and throwing motion look like a 14 year old girl.

              he has good instincts though. and sometimes that's very flashy and flashy sells people on him. but he's a perfect example that al gut and no talent doesn't equal success in this league.


              Young has Michael Vick-type running ability

              k, no, he doesn't. like vick or hate him, he was in a class all his own. young's fast, pretty agile, but no one is mike vick. no one. young's a poor mans vick, in every regard. guy was probably THE most overrated rookie quarterback i've ever seen. pro bowl? madden cover? for a guy who was the equivalent of philip rivers, who relies on his defense and running game, and timely plays made easy? c'mon. it's almost like we want him to be good so we can praise him.

              "Look at it, Vince threw nine touchdown passes and 18 interceptions last year," Crumpler said. "He had the Pacman Jones distraction. He had an injury. Yet he wins 10 games and goes to the playoffs in the AFC South, a tough division. We have a quarterback. His game management just has to get a little bit better. He's a difference-maker."

              read this two or three times and really think about it-THIS DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE. my oh my lol...

              young weas right about one thing-he always looked like he was just standing on the spot and bouncing in the pocket, rather than moving where and when he should. he looked like an idle street fighter character.
              hes looking like the same crappy qb he was last year, 4/13 37 yards in the game against oakland right now

              Comment


              • #8
                After watching his rookie season, I was ready to anoint VY. Now, I realize he will never be that elite QB. He's too inconsistent with where and when he throws the ball. He doesn't seem to have the accuracy or arm strength to get away with it. His best asset is his ability to create out of the pocket, but there again, I think injury's will ultimately be his downfall.

                Comment

                Working...
                X