• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theshiverman
    Starter
    • Feb 2004

Did Vince Young Quit on Team?

For starters there was the left knee injury Vince Young suffered in the fourth quarter. Also up for debate was something maybe just as serious -- whether Young quit on the Titans before the injury. Those two issues overshadowed the fact the Titans were able to grind out a 17-10 victory against their AFC South rival with a Herculean-type effort from the defense. ... Young, injured on a hit by Jaguars linebacker Daryl Smith, left LP Field on crutches and in a knee brace. He was taken to his truck in a golf cart and was driven home by a friend. He did not speak to the media. The Titans called the injury a sprained knee and Coach Jeff Fisher said he doesn't think it's serious. There were indications late Sunday the injury is a sprained MCL, which could sideline Young for two to four weeks. Midway through the fourth quarter, after throwing his second interception, Young headed to the sideline amid a chorus of boos at LP Field. He pushed away defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who was trying to console him, and took a seat on the bench. When it was time for the Titans to take the field following a three-and-out by the Jaguars, Young appeared as if he didn't want to go back in. ... Asked about it five times during his postgame news conference, Fisher never changed his story. "It's not an issue,'' he said. "It is OK; he is our quarterback. It is not a controversy. � We are lucky we have Kerry.'' Teammates seemed confused. Young eventually ran on the field late and ended up getting hurt four plays later. -- Tennessean
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic
  • saltybuggah
    On Probation--coming soon
    • Dec 2006

being that young was considering retirement who knows what the guy is thinking

he probably was just frustrated about his/team play and looked a lil sluggish... the injury could possible be a result of him not giving a 110% on the field effort... injuries happen when players dont give it there all...
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

• stnzed
      Banned User
      • Oct 2005

I forgot about the considering retirement thing, if these things are true, somebody needs to have a Come To Jesus meeting with Young to find out where his head is at.

The NFL seems to be the first adversity he's faced in his football life, apparently he's not handling it too well......

Comment

• NinjaPirateFunk
        <----- The Best. Period.
        • Jun 2007

It is OK; he is our quarterback. It is not a controversy
        Wooden PR statements like this are like listening to lawyers say "my client has no comment". Ugghhh shut up, you're so full of crap Fisher it's bursting at the seams. I know he had to say it but it's so dull and irritating.

What I'm wondering, is how many incidents do we have to go through to realize Young is a complete and utter moron? Punching a teammate over nothing with his throwing hand. Getting on TV yelling "cant nobody tell me nuttin!" like a child easily influenced by his crappy music. Making horrible decisions all the time and now this. Maybe the wonderlic score should've indicated something.

Or what I'm wondering even more, is how many times his backup has to come in and look and play better before someone just says "ok to hell with this guy, he can't even throw properly and no matter what we do he's not going to be a decent passer in this league".

It's naturally more exciting to reward and cheer on and hype up individual players rather than the group. It's one of the downfalls of our society I believe. We feel it in football as much as anything else and what I'm getting at, is we rewarded and hyped Young in college and built him up to be a God based upon what he did on a team that was built to kinda make him look like a star. Now when you yank that player out of a comfortable atmosphere and put him in a league where everyone's faster and better, and he has to do a little bit on his own, he falls into a million pieces and can't do anything. All because it was more fun to get excited and go overboard on a single player rather than realize it might've been the group who was responsible for college success. You can tell me the Titans offense isn't that good but the line isn't bad. The receivers in the NFL can run routes well if they're given time, New England proved that in the early millennium. He just can't hit an open man to save his life and his decision making is absolutely stupefying.

If the Titans have a chance at another young, capable passer, maybe it should be time to take it and try to trade Young. I dunno much from behind a monitor not like Jeff Fisher would about his team but this is getting silly.
        Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
        Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

• Chris Wade
          Nevermore................
          • Sep 2007

It's the samo he was a number one pick and we've invested millions and we don't make million dollar boo boo's..........My adopted poster is kapaibro. Mine
          Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

• Cutmeister6
            Practice Squad
            • Aug 2008

Aren't you guys glad Bud Adams is a Texas fan and not a Vanderbilt fan?
            Bud was the only guy who wanted to draft Young and now he is looking more and more like an epic failure. Fish was the guy who gave Shanny a heads up on Cutler.

VY acts like a child, can't take criticism, and yesterday he actually gave up on his team...AND THEY WERE LEADING in the game. The kid is unbelievably immature and selfish.

Comment

• stnzed
              Banned User
              • Oct 2005

As Jaime Dukes puts it, the Titans absolutely have to go out and get Young an elite WR to make up for his deficiencies (SP?), like it's that easy.

But if Young doesn't improve within the next two seasons, maybe the Titans should draft another QB and move Young to WR instead of bringing in even more WR's for him......ya know......kill two birds kinda thing.

If he doesn't make it as a QB he should consider himself lucky to have an opportunity to more to WR, the Andre Ware's and David Klingler's didn't have that option.

There is still a lot of time to prove he can do it, though, but he is getting the benefit of too many excuses......

Comment

• GridironChamp
                Pioli's right hand man
                • Apr 2005

Called he was bust from the get go...

He has had more success than I expected though.

This is what happens with Wonderlic scores of 7 or 13 (i dont remember what he got)
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Cutmeister6
                  Practice Squad
                  • Aug 2008

WOW......

Concerns for Titans quarterback prompt midnight meeting

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 08:19 AM

Updated: Sep 9, 2008 08:28 AM

Concerns about the well-being of Titans quarterback Vince Young prompted an early morning meeting at Titans headquarters.

Metro police officers and Tennessee Titans Coach Jeff Fisher gathered at Baptist Sports Park around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday to meet with Vince Young after trying to locate him.

According to sources, questions about Young's state of mind began when the quarter back left his home abruptly at 7:30 p.m. Monday.

According to those same sources, Young seemed emotionally down and left his cell phone behind.

Titans officials alerted Metro police to be on the lookout for Young's SUV.

Comment

• theshiverman
                    Starter
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Cutmeister6 View Post
                    WOW......

Concerns for Titans quarterback prompt midnight meeting

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 08:19 AM

Updated: Sep 9, 2008 08:28 AM

Concerns about the well-being of Titans quarterback Vince Young prompted an early morning meeting at Titans headquarters.

Metro police officers and Tennessee Titans Coach Jeff Fisher gathered at Baptist Sports Park around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday to meet with Vince Young after trying to locate him.

According to sources, questions about Young's state of mind began when the quarter back left his home abruptly at 7:30 p.m. Monday.

According to those same sources, Young seemed emotionally down and left his cell phone behind.

Titans officials alerted Metro police to be on the lookout for Young's SUV.

http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=8976169
                    Man, what a turd, ok so you have a bad game (Team still won dumb azz!) the crowd booing him is making him depressed so he has to pull a 'Drama Queen' and run off in tears like a 15 year old girl running away from home because she got grounded, what a weak minded fool! This guy is supposed to be a grown man and a Team Leader, what a joke.
                    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• CJ_5256
                      Practice Squad
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                      Man, what a turd, ok so you have a bad game (Team still won dumb azz!) the crowd booing him is making him depressed so he has to pull a 'Drama Queen' and run off in tears like a 15 year old girl running away from home because she got grounded, what a weak minded fool! This guy is supposed to be a grown man and a Team Leader, what a joke.
                      I think you're totally missing the point of that post. That's pretty scary knowing that the head coach had to call the police because he was worried about the mental state of one his players. Its sad to see whats happening with Vince Young. not from a football standpoint at all
                      "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
                      R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

• Mount-n-Groan
                        Epithetically Challenged
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by CJ_5256 View Post
                        I think you're totally missing the point of that post. That's pretty scary knowing that the head coach had to call the police because he was worried about the mental state of one his players. Its sad to see whats happening with Vince Young. not from a football standpoint at all
                        Yep. Especially since it was reported that he left in said mental state and was known to have a gun. I think the inference is obvious - people that care about him and are close to him were afraid that he was suicidal. This is moving beyond the realm of football and in to the realm of life (and death).
                        Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Ravage!!!
                          Trouble
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                          You nailed it CJ. This kid isn't a 'turd'... he simply isn't able to handle the criticisms and boo's that are coming down on him in the NFL. Some people will simply say "get over it" and whatevers, but there is obviously something seriously upsetting in this kid's mental state. He considered retirement after 2 years in the NFL because he wasn't able to handle the pressures and the press and the fans (or their comments)... and he's had a break-down.

Comment

• theshiverman
                            Starter
                            • Feb 2004

Bah! he is an over grown diva, he just wanted somebody to baby him, come hold his hand after a tough game, there hasent been any reports before of him having mental problems, but there have been reports of him acting like a spoiled brat, like getting his old offensive cordinator fired.

Comment

• ebsoria
                              Former Mod Of Steel
                              • Jul 2005

BULL****! If I called about my mom theyd ask- "How long has she been missing?" "uh.. about 7 hours..." "Okay, we can't file a missing persons report til she's been gone for (x) hours, call back then." I feel for the Titans and their qb, I feel for VY, I hope he's okay. I dont ever wish harm on anyone at anytime, but BULL****!
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
                              X