Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian Westbrook, can he be the best player ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Westbrook, can he be the best player ever?

A friend of mine is a die hard Eagles fan and we got into a conversation on this. The media and him have been Mcnab this and Owens that with a Dawkins thrown in here and there. Since Westbrook came to the league, I've been like what about this guy. He is clearly the most under-rated player in the league.

Who would you rather have drafted as a RB, LT, Peterson, Parker? I'd rather have drafted Westbrook. I think if he stays healthy ( he's never been injury prone) he could go down as one of the best players to ever step on the field.

Lt is a great RB but Westbrook is a better all around player. Switch teams or teammates and stats would be different. Westbrook has half the total Att and yards but a better average with one less year and a slow start. He has half the total fumbles. He also has 100 less receptions but, has the same yards as LT for a way better average. More the twice the rec TD. The area that LT dominats is total rushing TDs where he has over 100 more then Westbrook. I bet LT gets paid a ton more $ and I bet Westbrook is a better locker room presence.

What do you all think of Westbrook? Would you rather have him or LT? Keep in mind the teams they play on and who they play with.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

I'd take Adrian Peterson over all of them.

Comment

I'd take TD over all three of them.
      sigpicThanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!

Comment

Living in philly and following his whole career i will tell you that he is a fantastic talent. Not so sure about the best ever, but he has been a helluva player ever since the birds started utilizing him on a full time basis. To say he isnt injury prone is misleading, he has missed quite a few games in his career for nagging injuries. Best player ever, not so much. Most underrated talent in football would be a better description. And i would love to see him in orange and blue, but he isnt exactly a spring chicken anymore. He is basically in the same boat as LT, still very productive but their best prime years are starting to pass them by. On that note Go eagles this sunday! They are my number 2 squad behind the Bronx and the faster spags is out of the playoffs the better chance we have of seeing a HC get hired in the next week or so.

Comment

Yep,

When I think of the all-time greatest RB's, I think of:brick:....Brian Westbrook?!?!

Not Barry Sanders, not Walter Payton, not Emmitt Smith...Brian Westbrook.

Please, people, stop posting this kind of crap.

Comment

Finally, someone recognizes the truth. I'd totally take Brian Westbrook over Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, John Elway, Randy Moss, etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
              Yep,

When I think of the all-time greatest RB's, I think of:brick:....Brian Westbrook?!?!

Not Barry Sanders, not Walter Payton, not Emmitt Smith...Brian Westbrook.

Please, people, stop posting this kind of crap.
              After only 6 seasons, only time will tell. I'd like to note that I was wondering if he can be ONE of the best players ever. His numbers have been consistantly improving, this year they went down a bit. He hasn't been a one man show in Philly, which makes me wonder, since he has shared the ball can he ever reach the status of a one man show. When you get the production of a WR and a RB out of one guy, I think you have to stand up and take notice. With his slow start and shareing the load, I think he may out last the shelf live of modern RB's.

My main purpose is to bring to the stage how under-rated he is. The man is ONE of the best players playing today. He is so far under the radar he might as well be classified. I think if he can stay healthy, 8 years from now he just may be ONE of the best all around players. He is well over 10,000 yds total yards after only 6 seasons, first two of which he rarely touched the ball, give him 8 more and he may just creep up the list.
              Last edited by marcus_miller; 01-09-2009, 03:32 PM.
              I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Marshall Faulk, all be it with sucky opinions, was a fantastic player for the Rams, I'd rather have him in my backfield that anyone.

Comment

In what way what so ever does this have to do with Denver Broncos football...?

Comment

Best player ever? No. Underrated RB? Yes. This year has really shown it; when he is in the game, he changes the whole team. The Eagles are way better with him on the field, to the point that they win instead of lose, much of the time. Not many RBs do that, these days.

Comment

Well all i gotta say is B-WEST is a a$$hole ...I was at a party that he was at when he waas at Villanova and he is the biggest into himself person you will ever meet..Yeah hes a good player but a ****.....
                      Hey marcus-miller does ur die hard Eagle fan work in Denver at the sports store in the city?
                      Bronco game count..2-1
                      11-5-06. Broncs at Steelers 31-20W
                      11-19-07. Titans at Broncs 34-20W
                      11-2-08. Dolphins at Broncs 26-17L

Comment

Underrated? - Yes. Possibly the greatest, or one of the greatest of all time? - No chance, not even close. If he has a great few years ahead of him (great as in better than the one's he's already had), then maybe he'll crack the top 500 of all time.

You claim Westbrook is a better all around player than LaDainian Tomlinson because he's more "balanced" and because he fumbles less. I fell of my chair laughing when I read that. Fist off, in their careers Westbrook averages 36 receiving yards per game whereas LT averages 30 - that's about the same. What makes LT MUCH BETTER is that he averages 93 rushing yards a game to Westbrook's 58. He's only "better balanced" because he can't run anywhere near as well as LT (nor is he as durable).

You also talk as if he's in the dawn of his career. He's played 7 seasons in the NFL. Most NFL running backs don't get better in their 30's (he'll be 30 next season).

When comparing running backs, I like to look at yards from scrimmage (rushing + receiving yards). In 7 seasons Westbrook has been on the NFL's top 10 yards from scrimmage list twice (6th in 2006 and 1st in 2007 with 2104 yards). That doesn't come anywhere near the production of actual all time great running backs. LaDainian Tomlinson has been in the top 10 all 8 seasons he's played in the league. Thurman Thomas led the NFL in yards from scrimmage 4 straight years (despite never having a 1500 yard rushing season). Jim Brown lead the league 6 times. Eric ****erson and Marshall Faulk both had 4 seasons of 2000+ yards from scrimmage (Faulks were back-to-back-to-back-to-back). OJ Simpson had 2300 yards in a 14 game season.

Westbrook is good. Nowhere near great.
                        Last edited by ramanboy33; 01-09-2009, 08:10 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Seriously???

I can't say Eric ****erson?

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
                            A friend of mine is a die hard Eagles fan and we got into a conversation on this. The media and him have been Mcnab this and Owens that with a Dawkins thrown in here and there. Since Westbrook came to the league, I've been like what about this guy. He is clearly the most under-rated player in the league.

Who would you rather have drafted as a RB, LT, Peterson, Parker? I'd rather have drafted Westbrook. I think if he stays healthy ( he's never been injury prone) he could go down as one of the best players to ever step on the field.

Lt is a great RB but Westbrook is a better all around player. Switch teams or teammates and stats would be different. Westbrook has half the total Att and yards but a better average with one less year and a slow start. He has half the total fumbles. He also has 100 less receptions but, has the same yards as LT for a way better average. More the twice the rec TD. The area that LT dominats is total rushing TDs where he has over 100 more then Westbrook. I bet LT gets paid a ton more $ and I bet Westbrook is a better locker room presence.

What do you all think of Westbrook? Would you rather have him or LT? Keep in mind the teams they play on and who they play with.

i personally would have Westbrook over lt and AP because he can catch, block, runs great between the tackle, and most important of all hes a team leader he never cries like a baby ***** (Lt) but AP is a great runningback its just in the end id take Westbrook over Lt and AP

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post

westbrook's had more injury problems than LT so saying westbrook isn't injury prone is pure retardation on your part
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X