Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SD starts 4-8 but MIGHT host AFC Championship game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD starts 4-8 but MIGHT host AFC Championship game?

what is wrong with this world?

If they do they goto the superbowl.

Comment

Yeah it's not right but home field is determined by seed, not 100% by record. Division leaders are seeded higher than wildcard teams despite record. Thus the reason an AFC West Division winner is seeded #4 with an 8-8 (.500) record and other teams with better records (i.e. Ravens @ 11-5) are seeded at #6 as a wildcard team.

It's not wrong but I doubt any of us would be complaining if the Broncos won the Division and the same scenario played out (only difference would the Broncos would be 9-7 if they made the playoffs). The Chargers don't have it easy, they had to beat the Colts and will have to beat the Steeler's in Pittsburgh (something they could not do in the regular season).

So if they do beat both the Colts and Steelers I say they deserve another home game, who ever wins has to play the Ravens who do not have a great offense but have a nasty defense.

Thx,
      Joe
      To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Its embarrassing if our AFC has a lousy 8-8 team in the AFC Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
          If they do they goto the superbowl.
          why? because SD has proved to be so great at home???

Comment

BALT would eat SD alive... Their DEF is playing at such a high level right now... Look at what Indy's defense did to SD... Times that by 100 and SD might get 6 points.

BAL wins 7-6... Ed Reed picks Rivers and returns it 99 yards for BAL's lone TD.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              BALT would eat SD alive... Their DEF is playing at such a high level right now... Look at what Indy's defense did to SD... Times that by 100 and SD might get 6 points.

BAL wins 7-6... Ed Reed picks Rivers and returns it 99 yards for BAL's lone TD.
              First you said your Broncos would teach us who is the best in the Division

Then you all believed your over-hyped QB when, after getting butt-rammed 52-to whatever, he said "The Chargers? No, Indy will handle them pretty good"

Then you say the Steelers will crush us tomorrow....we'll see how that turns out.

And Now, if we make it past the Steelers, you are already proclaiming that the Ravens will "eat us alive"

Can't wait to hear what prophetic crap you come up with next wee as the Bolts move on tho the Superbowl.

Pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post

Then you all believed your over-hyped QB when, after getting butt-rammed 52-to whatever, he said "The Chargers? No, Indy will handle them pretty good"

Then you say the Steelers will crush us tomorrow....we'll see how that turns out.

And Now, if we make it past the Steelers, you are already proclaiming that the Ravens will "eat us alive"

Can't wait to hear what prophetic crap you come up with next wee as the Bolts move on tho the Superbowl.

Pathetic
                PINCH ME when the DOLTS actually win anything... We have two titles and Six SB appearances... The refs handed you a gift last week. Time for reality to slap you folks awake. Even as "bad" as its been for DEN this decade... and how "good" its been in SD... we still have as many AFC Championship appearances as you!

Comment

what is wrong with this world?
                  It's not how you start....It's how you finish. If the Bolts can go into Pitt. and beat the Steelers there tomorrow (no easy task by any stretch) then 4-8, or 8-8 doesn't matter a bit. They will deserve the AFCCG at home.

Comment

would show a season of terrible mediocracy

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post

Pathetic
                      The 30th ranked defense, one of the worst special teams in the league and Cutler leads them to the same record as the guy who has a top-15 defense, top special teams and a future HOF-er at RB, and our QB is over-hyped?

That's the loser attitude and lack of respect that befits your doormat franchise and why you guys are regarded as the most disgusting fan-base in the league.

Run along now.
                      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

PINCH ME when the DOLTS actually win anything... We have two titles and Six SB appearances... The refs handed you a gift last week. Time for reality to slap you folks awake. Even as "bad" as its been for DEN this decade... we still have as many AFC Championship appearances as you!
                        Handed us a win? Show me one of those flags that was total BS. You can't. Now, I agree that one of those need not have been thrown, but not because it wasn't a foul, just because I friggin hate refs getting too involved. But all 3 of those overtime flags can be substantiated.

We handled the Colts. PERIOD. You don't like it? So what?

Comment

if the dolts beat the steelers tomorrow and go all the way kudos to the team. they earned it. however it wont take away from the fact that they are indeed d-bags, along with their crappy fans.:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                            Its embarrassing if our AFC has a lousy 8-8 team in the AFC Championship.
                            That is what Shanny saw back in Training Camp when he guaranteed Playoffs and a team that can do damage. This season was a chance to steal a SB like in 05. All you had to do was get in and anything can happen. Too bad we couldn't beat a bad OAK team here or Buff!!

This is a direct result of two items:

1. Brady out for the season and a slow start by Manning
                            2. Parity. The league now can say they have parity. Congratulations NFL. Your SB teams could have combined winning regular season record of 17 games! Only one more than last year's pats team

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                              The 30th ranked defense, one of the worst special teams in the league and Cutler leads them to the same record as the guy who has a top-15 defense, top special teams and a future HOF-er at RB, and our QB is over-hyped?

That's the loser attitude and lack of respect that befits your doormat franchise and why you guys are regarded as the most disgusting fan-base in the league.

Run along now.
                              And the difference? Your 8-8 team is sitting at home. Mine is still playing. Doormat? I've lived in the Denver area my freind. And Co Springs....I know all about doormats and disgusting fan bases.

You run along.

Comment

Working...
                              X