Super Bowl: Live Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Brain Surgeons don't put their livelihood on the line every day. Take for example Earl Campbell, he can barely even walk anymore. TD can probably barely exceed a run with his thrashed knee. They have zero job security and their 'contracts' can be terminated at any time. Remember the fan favorite Wesley Duke? TE for us? Tore his knee up, and we just cut him? Brain surgeons don't have to endure that.

If you're talking about a business that is a big scam, the last thing you should bring up is the health care industry.
    I agree with you Hoserman, I hate when people complain about athletes pay. Who cares man, I say more power to them. Why would anyone begrudge someone else for making a living. A lot of these guys come from poor areas of the country and do a lot to help the communities that they come from. Name a brainsurgeon who has given as much to charity as Warrick Dunn or Kurt Warner.

Comment

Boy, that was one of the most exciting games...! If only Arizona won.

Comment

I know that alot of people say this but it really looked like the refs were calling alot against the cards for some ticky tack crap. They seemed to call them on every little thing.

I guess 6 SB titles for the "top card, upper echeclon of the NFL" Steelers is better than a team that is historically bad to rise up and become great.

Cards got robbed.
        LET 'ER BUCK!!!
        Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

atlest it wasn't the Chargers.

Comment

Great team, the Steelers, they had a great year, they played superbly...Congratulations to them! Now, it's Broncos time to shine again. I hope to see them in a SB in the next years..
            sigpic

Comment

The drive at the end was great, but overall I'd have to say that this was one of the worst officiated games all year. Yes, AZ committed a number of those penalties, but on the same side, at least about 30 yards of those penalties weren't legit.

Harrison should have been ejected first of all..The holding penalties were outrageous. Pitt got away with as much as AZ got called for. It's horrible when you naturally hold your breath after every good play that Arizona has out of fear for a penalty.

Props to AZ for going against 11 players from the NFL's #1 D and the refs.

Trivia: How much does it cost for a personal foul nowadays in the Super Bowl? I'd imagine it went down a bit this year.

Comment

Originally posted by freqhopmaster View Post
                atlest it wasn't the Chargers.
                Like the Chargers win anything.

Comment

For me, the SB was pretty boring.

Atleast last year it was exciting to root for NY to stop the Patriots. This SB was boring like a lot of others to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosGeordie View Post
                    Football is fast becoming a game for onlt the rich. WAIT .... a few more years and only those with the cash will be able to afford to attend or watch on some premium pay per view channel.

Sport is out of control, salaries are beyond realistic.

Brain surgeons make a 1/4 of what fools who are physically talented make.

I love sport, but sadly; sport is now wrecked to make way for profit.

SAD BUT TRUE.
                    are you serious? have you seen baseball and basketball salaries? compared to what those guys do football players are underpaid. they have the shortest careers in the most physical sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by stargazer View Post
                      For me, the SB was pretty boring.

Atleast last year it was exciting to root for NY to stop the Patriots. This SB was boring like a lot of others to me.
                      boring? lol. that ending was CRAZY! that is why football is the most exciting sport!

Comment

• Originally posted by troylightfoot View Post
                        boring? lol. that ending was CRAZY! that is why football is the most exciting sport!
                        JMO.

I didn't really care for either team and I didn't really care who won. I watched the 2nd half entirely and parts of the 1st half. Felt like I was watching a regular season game. It was like, whomever won, good for them. For me there was nothing exciting about this matchup to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                        X