Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources: Favre informs Jets that he's retiring

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...iring?MSNHPHMA

Can't say that I'm shocked. I also believe that this will stick this time, as I don't believe Brett ever really enjoyed playing in New York.
    sigpic

Gotta agree with you. Plus, at that age would he really want to learn another system from another coaching staff?
    My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

Yep, Im willing to bet this one sticks. Though... I've gown very tired of Brett. I hope he goes and stays out. And now the Jet's can move on and have some cap room!
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Here we go again
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

well you can bank on them talking to jeff garcia, and if favre does retire for sure they are likely trade back partners, they really could use Mark Sanchez at pick 12. they dont want to run the risk of teams trading ahead of them that need Qb's

Tampa, and minnesota to name a couple....

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
            Here we go again
            Hit the nail right on the head with that one! :salute!:

Comment

So who's he going to play for next year?

Comment

when?!

Well I hope he does it soon, ya know we will have to hear about it everyday.

Comment

Been there, done that.

Comment

It's a shame to see all the skeptisism Brett has brought upon himself and his retirement. Legends should retire and be revered and the door opened for them as they leave. With Brett it's become an eye rolling event where everyones tongue is in cheek. And what makes it sad is that that team starts to make plans(GB sticking with Rodgers) just to have Brett step back in like Superman. Sad to see his career end with that sour taste in our mouths.
                    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Suddenly, I think the Jets would be a great place to trade Derek Anderson.
                      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

It's kind of sad to see a player of his stature with all of these career numbers going out with a whimper. When players of his ilk retire they should have some kind of fan fare instead of "Finally". Brett, I'll miss ya. But you did bring this on yourself.

Comment

Well I'm a huge Brett Favre fan. I think he's one of the greatest quarterbacks to play the game, and he's my 2nd favorite quarterback behind a certain Broncos legend I'm sure everyone here is familiar with.

HOWEVER...I would be lying if I said I was completely pleased with how he handled himself when he retired and unretired, and apparently how he handled himself with his teammates in New York. And there's no denying that the win/win situation for likely everyone involved would have simply been Brett staying retired the first time around, even if he had the immense desire to return (and in fairness to him, he did have the right to change his mind - everyone does). I mean, how cool would it have been for him to retire after 2007, when he had arguably one of his best seasons as a Pro?

As others have said, Brett brought this on himself. It's sad that there are so many fans who will have nothing but contempt and resentment towards Favre with how the last year or so have gone for him, the Packers, and the Jets. But again, that's his doing. I will, however, focus on his glory days in Green Bay, where for a time there was no one better in the NFL playing the game than him.
                          sigpic

Comment

Im glad he finally re-retired. Now he can do what all the other ex-players seem to be doing...become an analyst on espn.
                            LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                            Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                              Suddenly, I think the Jets would be a great place to trade Derek Anderson.
                              What would be the cap hit on that? I am guessing 10MM...would the Browns pay the RB then try and trade him? I keep trying to place him somewhere as a trade and keep comming back to 15MM for two years, too steep to pay.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                              X