• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nbaballer913
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    I'm not interested in him

he's 29 and he wants to play Outer Linebacker. I'm not giong to give a huge contract to a defensive end that wants to be an outer linebacker even though he's never played there.........no thanks
    agreed. :go:

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by draco193 View Post
    Every time I see this thread, it looks like it says Dr. Pepper, and I get really interested
    i was literally just thinking that it said Dr. Pepper

Leave a comment:

• draco193
    replied
    Every time I see this thread, it looks like it says Dr. Pepper, and I get really interested

I dont think Julius is really worth it, especially for a defense that is looking to be rebuilt with good youth. And heck , we arent even 100%certain we will run a 3-4 base defense.

Leave a comment:

• blackclouds
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

he's 29 and he wants to play Outer Linebacker. I'm not giong to give a huge contract to a defensive end that wants to be an outer linebacker even though he's never played there.........no thanks
    Couldn't agree more

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blackclouds
    replied
    Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    I dont see his value as an unproven LB being as much as his value as an all pro DE, but i could be wrong, as far as the contender thing, yes i know the panthers had a shot last year and some years ago they met the pats in the super bowl, but i dont see them as a team thats contending for the championship every season , when i think contender i think Colts, Pats or Steelers, i think these are the type of teams he will be talking to when a trade request is made.
    Agreed. And I'm sure most coaches that are interested in him will bring up the same point if it comes to negotiations... but obviously in his mind he must think he can make close to the same salary. Do you really think that Peppers is the kind of guy who would give up several million dollars just to see if he could do well in a different position? I dont think he would accept a dramatic decrease in pay and I dont think the top tier teams are going to be willing to pay what he is worth now. And I do feel that Carolina has every bit as much a chance at the championship as the teams you listed and would not be surprised to see them make multiple runs at it over the next couple years. The only reason we have not seen them there more is the fact that they play in quite possibly the most competitive division.

Oh and just a bonus piece... the Panthers have the highest postseason win percentage in the league at .667

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by blackclouds View Post
    I'm not sure how the whole salary thing would work if he switched positions. But I highly doubt he would be looking to switch if it dropped his value. And I dont think the "contender" status is really part of it because Carolina is a contender. They were the number 2 seed and had a legit shot at the Super Bowl. Dellhome just picked the wrong time to have a bad day.
    I dont see his value as an unproven LB being as much as his value as an all pro DE, but i could be wrong, as far as the contender thing, yes i know the panthers had a shot last year and some years ago they met the pats in the super bowl, but i dont see them as a team thats contending for the championship every season , when i think contender i think Colts, Pats or Steelers, i think these are the type of teams he will be talking to when a trade request is made.

Leave a comment:

• CretorFrigg
    replied
    He would be a great addition to our D-line! But the only problem is that I think I've read somewhere that says he wants to play in a 3-4 instead.

Leave a comment:

• blackclouds
    replied
    Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    Isnt he gonna knock his asking price down by requesting to play LB in a 3-4, he would get big money as a DE but he will be asking a team to pay him a huge contract, and experiment with him by making him an outside LB ? I bet a team would also have to promise to play him at LB no matter what, i mean what if he is a bust as a LB? will he agree to go back to end? I think he just wants out of Carolina so he can go to a top contender and win a ring, i think the whole formation thing may be a smoke screen.
    I'm not sure how the whole salary thing would work if he switched positions. But I highly doubt he would be looking to switch if it dropped his value. And I dont think the "contender" status is really part of it because Carolina is a contender. They were the number 2 seed and had a legit shot at the Super Bowl. Dellhome just picked the wrong time to have a bad day.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Isnt he gonna knock his asking price down by requesting to play LB in a 3-4, he would get big money as a DE but he will be asking a team to pay him a huge contract, and experiment with him by making him an outside LB ? I bet a team would also have to promise to play him at LB no matter what, i mean what if he is a bust as a LB? will he agree to go back to end? I think he just wants out of Carolina so he can go to a top contender and win a ring, i think the whole formation thing may be a smoke screen.

Leave a comment:

• blackclouds
    replied
    Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    it would be cool if he ended up in denver
    i wouldnt be supprised if he ended up somewhere where nobody expects him to go
    Absolutely not. We have too many holes on D to spend 17 mill on one player.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
    im pretty sure hes playing as a 4-3 DE and hes pretty dang good at it to. but at this point its a question of whether he would be better as a 4-3 DE who happens to be fast, or as an already fast 3-4 OLB who happens to be really really big.

if i were him i would definatly want to switch over to a 3-4. i mean speed is only so important as a 4-3 DE seeing as the only time you would need it is AFTER you've broken through and are chasing down the QB (btw im talking about speed not quickness, we all know he has that too). on the other hand, just imagine him playing as an OLB who has the linear speed to keep up with half of our recievers IN ADDITION to being about 25 pounds heavier then the average OLB is. thats how you utilize a "freak"
    I think you misunderstood what he was saying. He was saying that Peppers could keep playing the DE position in a 3-4. It's not a far fetched idea. Bruce Smith played in the 3-4 and he was about 285 lbs. Although Smith might have been a bit bulkier as he was not as tall as Peppers is.

Leave a comment:

• DENVER BRONCO56
    replied
    I think if he went to a 3-4 he would be everything Merrimen was for the bolts....if not better

Leave a comment:

• broncos1997
    replied
    Originally posted by Uglybass View Post
    I dont see why he wouldn't want to keep playing DE in a 3-4. He is big enough and could be one of the better 3-4 DE's.
    im pretty sure hes playing as a 4-3 DE and hes pretty dang good at it to. but at this point its a question of whether he would be better as a 4-3 DE who happens to be fast, or as an already fast 3-4 OLB who happens to be really really big.

if i were him i would definatly want to switch over to a 3-4. i mean speed is only so important as a 4-3 DE seeing as the only time you would need it is AFTER you've broken through and are chasing down the QB (btw im talking about speed not quickness, we all know he has that too). on the other hand, just imagine him playing as an OLB who has the linear speed to keep up with half of our recievers IN ADDITION to being about 25 pounds heavier then the average OLB is. thats how you utilize a "freak"

Leave a comment:

• Uglybass
    replied
    I dont see why he wouldn't want to keep playing DE in a 3-4. He is big enough and could be one of the better 3-4 DE's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X