Micheal Vick Signs New Contract.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micheal Vick Signs New Contract.

Well, not exactly. Apparently it is a condition of his parole to be employed. They should have made it a condition of parole to be employed in some type of animal care/rescue. Does anyone think Goodell will reinstate this guy?

I think he's done in the NFL. His accuracy throwing the football was never that good to begin with. The recently drafted Pat White has more potential in Miami.

"A lawyer for Michael Vick told ESPN that the suspended Falcons QB will leave a federal prison in Kansas on May 20 bound for home confinement in Virginia.

ESPN reports Vick will live in the Hampton, Va., home with his fiancee and two of his children while working a 40-hour-per week job at a construction company.

Vick first revealed those plans at a bankruptcy hearing earlier this month. He is expected to remain on home confinement until his sentence for a federal dogfighting conviction ends on July 20.

Vick has said he plans to apply for reinstatement to the NFL".

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/...nt-may-20.html

I want to see him return and do well in the NFL. What better way to show that the prison system works than this? It is desinged to "Rehabilitate" the person so they can be a productive member of society having learned from their mistakes. I am all for someone trying to turn their life around, life is all about second chances.

sigpic

Comment

He'll back into the NFL, and I hope he does great.

Whether at QB or WR he will find something that will work out. The guy is far too
      talented not to do something.
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Departments of Corrections do not rehabilitate, they are too overcrowded for the rehabilitation myth. Change comes from within. If Michael Vick is serious about following up with this link:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzytivQsPGI,

then he will demonstrate his "new found faith" upon conviction. And, he will spend his time living up to his commitment to the NFL, to society, and to God.

I agree with second chances in life, but now it's time he follows through. Until he demonstrates he can do so for one year, I am opposed to reinstatement in the NFL for this reason alone:

He needs to establish himself as a father and a man of character coming out of prison prior to the temptations that caused his poor decisions several years ago by the $$ and poor choice of friends.

I certainly hope this mandatory construction job that pays $10 an hour is sponsored by his local church.
        Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
        I want to see him return and do well in the NFL. What better way to show that the prison system works than this? It is desinged to "Rehabilitate" the person so they can be a productive member of society having learned from their mistakes. I am all for sut we omeone trying to turn their life around, life is all about second chances.

Comment

I hope the minute he steps out he gets run down by a truck.

Yep, I'm just as low as him, I know...

The guy is absolutely disgusting, and there is NO excuse for what he did, especially considering his financial situation already.

If he gets reinstated into the NFL, I WILL NOT watch another game, or buy any more products.

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
          sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

I've heard this rhetoric for over a year on different MB's regarding Vick. My neighbors kids threw their Vick apparel in the garbage 2 years ago.

We all know what he did, and nobody can condone it. However, we have active players that have committed crimes against people rather than animals:
            http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/the...rofile_little/

He's still on their roster after killing a a 47 y/o mother.

http://stlrams.com/blogs/st-louis-ra...ter_2E00_.aspx

Originally posted by McKeough View Post

The guy is absolutely disgusting, and there is NO excuse for what he did, especially considering his financial situation already.

If he gets reinstated into the NFL, I WILL NOT watch another game, or buy any more products.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
              I want to see him return and do well in the NFL. What better way to show that the prison system works than this? It is desinged to "Rehabilitate" the person so they can be a productive member of society having learned from their mistakes. I am all for someone trying to turn their life around, life is all about second chances.

i agree everyone does deserve a second chance

Comment

Before I say anything, I must let it be known that I am NOT condoning Vick's actions. What Vick did was disgusting. BUT you must realize he has paid his debt to society, AND you must realize there are people, many many people, who have murdered people in cold blood, and have done even more disgusting things and have gotten off with less of a punishment than Vick. If you are ready to quit as a fan over one player making a mistake, then the NFL doesn't need you. I think he will rejoin the league and when he does can I hold you on that little promise of yours?
                Here's hoping Champ gets into the Hall First Ballot. He deserves it!

Comment

He has paid his debt to society, but has he paid the debt to his former employer?. Vick hasn't served one day of an indefinite suspension. And for those with the argument that he hasn't played at all b/c of is incarceration, being in jail doesn't count. People lose their jobs permanently all the time by getting arrested etc.

For Vick's own good, as well as for the league, I feel an 8 game suspension is the minimum he should receive. He's not even getting off home confinement until July, I don't think that's not enough time for him to establish a stable, somewhat normal life let alone get into playing shape.

He also only fits into a particular offensive system. The system that allows a Vick to run around is already being practiced in mini-camps and such. Only a handful of teams:
                  A. Are willing to risk the media/public backlash of signing him.
                  B. Could even use him as a QB this year. He just isn't a very accurate passer.

I keep thinking he could be used more as a gadget type RB. Since he's still a threat to pass, it could work in...perhaps Carolina?.

BTW, congrats on the incoming baby fan!
                  Originally posted by raziel View Post
                  Before I say anything, I must let it be known that I am NOT condoning Vick's actions. What Vick did was disgusting. BUT you must realize he has paid his debt to society, AND you must realize there are people, many many people, who have murdered people in cold blood, and have done even more disgusting things and have gotten off with less of a punishment than Vick. If you are ready to quit as a fan over one player making a mistake, then the NFL doesn't need you. I think he will rejoin the league and when he does can I hold you on that little promise of yours?

Comment

The shopping around of QB Michael Vick continued over the draft weekend for the Falcons, and reports are they found no takers. Word is the Falcons were willing to give up the former first-round QB for a 7th round pick, and it didn’t happen.

The issue may not even be the pick, it may be that Vick is due to make a base salary of $9 million upon his return to the NFL. So a new deal would have to be in place with his new team. Still at the end of the day some team is going to take a risk on Vick, and when they do, it’s going to be a PR nightmare for that club.

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2009/0...und-no-takers/

Comment

I think Vicks been punished adequately for his crimes. I have no problem with him returning to the league.

However, I don't see any team willing to give him a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbiz1 View Post

I certainly hope this mandatory construction job that pays $10 an hour is sponsored by his local church.
                        What does religion have to do with any of this? Further why does he needs to make peace with "god." That is laughable.

Michael Vick lost everything. nearly 2 years in prison, lost millions of dollars, his reputation. That is enough. All your "qualifications" are wrapped in some silly religious baloney. Sorry religion doesn't cure people, and using it as a criteria for anything is stupid.

Comment

Stuff like this just confuses me...

People in the NFL have done terrible things to people, and yet still play and you
                          watch. Regardless of how much someone loves dogs, what Vick did doesn't compare
                          to things other current players have done.
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Review the original apology as I have posted here via a youtube link, then I will continue to read the second paragraph of your posting. Vick brought up the religion originally, not I.

Originally posted by Artamentous View Post
                            What does religion have to do with any of this? Further why does he needs to make peace with "god." That is laughable.

Michael Vick lost everything. nearly 2 years in prison, lost millions of dollars, his reputation. That is enough. All your "qualifications" are wrapped in some silly religious baloney. Sorry religion doesn't cure people, and using it as a criteria for anything is stupid.
                            Last edited by Sunbiz1; 04-30-2009, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I want Vick to rally back and do the best he can do and overcome ...

I nvr really liked him before as a QB...But now I want him to do good ....:salute!:
                              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Working...
                              X