Favre Discussing Comeback with Childress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre Discussing Comeback with Childress

Source: Favre, Vikes to discuss playingComment Email Print Share By Ed Werder
    ESPN.com
    Archive
    Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress and quarterback Brett Favre plan to meet at an undisclosed location later this week to discuss the possibility of the former Packers and Jets quarterback renouncing his retirement from the NFL to play the 2009 season with the Vikings, according to a source with direct knowledge of discussions between the two parties.

Favre

There is a mutual understanding that sometime soon thereafter Favre will decide whether to sign with the Vikings. The team would expect him to participate fully in offseason minicamps and training camps, which he missed last year with the Jets.

Favre has not been working out and declined to have surgery to repair the torn biceps tendon that plagued him the final month of last season.

Favre may believe the injury can heal on its own as did a similar problem with his left shoulder while he played in Green Bay. Favre wanted to play for the Vikings last season, but the Packers specifically eliminated their NFC North rivals as a potential destination for the Green Bay icon.

NFL.com Video

Vikings head coach Brad Childress discusses the health of rookie Percy Harvin and Brett Favre rumors.
    While Favre had been emphatic about not returning next season, he never anticipated the Jets would release him after drafting Mark Sanchez in the first round and could see the Vikings as the opportunity to fulfill the goal he was deprived of last season -- winning a Super Bowl.

Favre admitted to ESPN that he was motivated to play in 2008 largely because of his resentment toward Packers general manager Ted Thompson.

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4142857

Good if he comesback it better be as a vike. Bc Vikes with Favre will win the divsion, and making Cutler miss the playoffs again
    sigpic

Enough with the drama queen. :go:

Comment

Just die already

Just kidding of course

Comment

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content...07/image13.jpg

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Wow.... just wow. If there was a "shakehead" smiley I dropped it right now and leave it at that.
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Here we go again..Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
              sigpic

Comment

*sigh*

...will it ever end?
                LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                  Just die already

Just kidding of course
                  One thing I must say ... AGREED

Comment

Talks fall through with vikes brett favre to the broncos!!! lol
                    sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

as a part time viking fan (broncos full time), im not so sure i would want him....
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Well would you take him over orton or simms I think that would be a very interesting scenario?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MNBroncs85 View Post
                          Well would you take him over orton or simms I think that would be a very interesting scenario?
                          well if i wont take him over TJ and sage, what would your guess be? I am basing this on two things:

1) his performance last year. He had to come in and learn the jets offense and stayed a minimal amount of time. Not only that but he wouldnt mentor rogers in GB. What makes you think he would be open to it anywhere else?

2) his time frame for playing. If its for a season I dont want him. If its for 2 maybe but looking at his age and taking into account my first point i still dont want him
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

LMFAO you wouldn't take him over sage and tj wow!
                            I respect your opinion but cmon. With all that talent the vikes have. Tj and Sage. Favre is old don't get me wrong but look at warren moon shoot kurt warner steve mcnair.favre better favre is an instant upgrade. And your gonna base it on his performance with the jets well the jets suck. If favre wouldn't of went to the jets last year they probly would of went 5-11 6-10. They were right there with new england and miami. You don't think favre had anything to do with that?
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd take Orton/Simms anyday over Favre...
                              I swear if he unretires, I will literally pray that he gets hurt... He needs to stay retired and not come back just to get back at the "Pack."

I would have lost that last teeny bit of respect I had for him if he unretires.

Comment

Working...
                              X