Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

49ers targeting Dre Bly

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 49ers targeting Dre Bly

    http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...h-dre-bly.html


    Any info on him for the 49er fans? Walt Harris is out for the season, so we need a replacement at #2 or #3.

  • #2
    Hope they enjoy burnt toast.

    Comment


    • #3
      Dre's best days are behind him. He just doesnt have the speed anymore to make up for his gambling style. He gets burnt on the field alot.
      sigpic

      I adopt andrewmlb.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
        Dre's best days are behind him. He just doesnt have the speed anymore to make up for his gambling style. He gets burnt on the field alot.
        Originally posted by Peerless View Post
        Hope they enjoy burnt toast.
        That's ok, Walt Harris was used to do that but had some great plays and we already have Nate Clements at #1 so it's not like Dre will have to worry much but I wish we were going after Mcallister.

        Comment


        • #5
          Good for Dré. Hope he catches on.

          -----

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by The Jerm! View Post
            That's ok, Walt Harris was used to do that but had some great plays and we already have Nate Clements at #1 so it's not like Dre will have to worry much but I wish we were going after Mcallister.
            Im sure he could be a serviceable back up for you. But I dont think he is a top flight CB anymore.
            sigpic

            I adopt andrewmlb.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, with training camps about to start, Dre' Bly is an interesting option still available. He can compete to be a starter, even though he's past his prime.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                He was not much of a fan favorite here because of the "bang for the buck". He was given a lot of money to be average, basically.

                He played well in the last half of the season last year, but it was evident that he didn't have the recovery speed anymore. I think he would be very serviceable for some club as a #3 corner. IMO he is a good option if your #2 guy is down, especially if you already have good depth behind he and Clemens.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                  He was not much of a fan favorite here because of the "bang for the buck". He was given a lot of money to be average, basically.

                  He played well in the last half of the season last year, but it was evident that he didn't have the recovery speed anymore. I think he would be very serviceable for some club as a #3 corner. IMO he is a good option if your #2 guy is down, especially if you already have good depth behind he and Clemens.
                  I think that is part of my problem with Dre. He was given alot of money after his "trying to learn to be a Bronco" statement. He was billed as Champ #2. And he was never really better than ok.

                  The only thing Im really going to take from his tenure is his amazing ability to draw a pass interference penalty when he was about to be badly burned by a WR.
                  sigpic

                  I adopt andrewmlb.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    He's a Niner!

                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4195835

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSY_V...eature=related

                      The 49ers will exceed the so called experts predictions this year.

                      Originally posted by The Jerm! View Post

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The Jerm! View Post
                        For those of you that want to crucify Bly........remember that he was playing beside Champ Bailey?

                        When Champ went down, Dre Bly really really stepped up and on several ocassions locked down his man.......I'm just saying......

                        The only reason he was cut was because of his massive contract........not because he's a very horrible player. He was decent, not great, but decent.


                        sigpic


                        FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                        :cool:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          just don't expect him to do much vs tall guys

                          my tall chargers wrs beat the living hell out of that guy
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm glad he got signed. I hope he does well.
                            sigpic
                            Props to Peerless^
                            Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
                            Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
                            Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
                            Pro-McDaniels

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                              just don't expect him to do much vs tall guys

                              my tall chargers wrs beat the living hell out of that guy
                              Lol that makes me feel real great since we have Boldin and Fitzgerald in our division.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X