Vince Young Wants Chance To Play Or Out Of Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince Young Wants Chance To Play Or Out Of Tennessee

"If them guys don't want me to be in there, then it's time for me to make a career change for myself because the fact is I'm ready to play ball and if they're not ready for me to play ball, somebody is."

Source: WMAR-TV
    Last edited by -Scar-; 06-01-2009, 09:56 PM.

link doesnt work...

link or didnt happen...

sigpic

Comment

After a quick google search, this is what I came up with.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4223108

It looks like Vince isn't happy riding the bench.
      RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

Sorry Y'all....Link Fixed..Click It Now...

Comment

I mean no offense, but this man has graduated from (presumably) a good college.

And then I hear him speak...

Let me guess. He was not a Language Arts major?

Someone correct me if I'm off base here. Seriously. Everything he had to say was completely undermined by his inability to correctly use basic words. "They, them..." this isn't rocket science.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this isn't that hard. We learn this in second grade.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post

Someone correct me if I'm off base here. Seriously. Everything he had to say was completely undermined by his inability to correctly use basic words. "They, them..." this isn't rocket science.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this isn't that hard. We learn this in second grade.
            Being a Texas fan, and family of alum, it embarrasses us to hear athletes that come from their. The way he speaks is more because he's as country as a sugar sandwich, and less because he's dumb.

That being said, VY is a great talent. Just imagine if he were to have a good coordinator/head coach to mold him.

AHEM.

I'm looking at you Josh.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

+

=

Just saying that's all.
              sigpic
              Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

If they kept him away from TV/Radio I think it'd be worth a shot. I don't want someone who sounds like that being called the leader of our team.

The problem is that the quarterback in Denver is going to always be on TV and the Radio, and I think he'd irritate the Hell out of me even if he played well.

I don't foresee him going to the trouble of getting speech classes since he went to college. Had he wanted to care about literacy he would have.

He may be a great quarterback. I think intelligence is the greatest attribute of a quarterback though, and I'm not sure Vince has this trait. Didn't he score incredibly badly on the Wonderlick? If I recall right he got a 6.

I don't think he can handle this offense.

Comment

im sure no one is stopping him from playing, if he is good enough and can beat out collins, then im sure he will get the job...

but if he cant win the starting job, then i dont think he should be given it on a silver platter...

talking to radio stations isnt going to help him play better, that is for certain...

sigpic

Comment

Maybe if he was actually better than a 38 year old something quarterback, he'd start for the Titans.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post

To hear many athletes speak just scares me. And these are the role models of our children?!?!
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        To hear many athletes speak just scares me. And these are the role models of our children?!?!
                        Like Charles Barkley tried to tell people almost 15 years ago

"Quit looking at athletes to be role models, and be a role model of your own. I (athletes) ain't here to raise your damn kids"
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          Like Charles Barkley tried to tell people almost 15 years ago

"Quit looking at athletes to be role models, and be a role model of your own. I (athletes) ain't here to raise your damn kids"
                          I agree with you and Charles. And I'm not expecting him to raise my children. But how many countless parents out there don't put the effort in with their children and tell them how they can and cannot behave? How many countless parents don't sit down at the dinner table with their children every night and ask them how their day was... or what they learned at school... or make the effort to be at each and every karate evet, school concert, open house, birthday party, etc? Sadly... there aren't many who do. And sadly, they aren't stopping their children from watching Vince Young on tv and trying to talk like him. To speak in a manner like Vince having come from the educational background he did...? It's jsut plain sad.
                          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I agree with you and Charles. And I'm not expecting him to raise my children. But how many countless parents out there don't put the effort in with their children and tell them how they can and cannot behave? How many countless parents don't sit down at the dinner table with their children every night and ask them how their day was... or what they learned at school... or make the effort to be at each and every karate evet, school concert, open house, birthday party, etc? Sadly... there aren't many who do. And sadly, they aren't stopping their children from watching Vince Young on tv and trying to talk like him. To speak in a manner like Vince having come from the educational background he did...? It's jsut plain sad.
                            I agree wholeheartedly Eb. There are some very unfortunate situations that kids are in these days, especially with the rate of poverty and divorce at exponentially high levels as compared to 20...hell, even 10 years ago.

Even though I'm a Texas fan, I agree with you. Is it really that hard to use proper language and grammar? Most of the athletes that talk like this KNOW they are talking that way, and choose to do so because its cool....I guess...
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Aye, I say something is wrong with a society where they look to sports figures as role models. If they want real role models, open up a history book. It is filled with people that actually made a contribution to the human condition.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                              X