X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Brown Signs with Chiefs

Denver should have signed him:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...s-with-chiefs/

Good pickup for the Chiefs if he can stay healthy. That's a pretty big if though.
    sigpic

Comment

Yay!

We have a young, good secondary and instead of signing players for our terrible
      DL, bad LB, subpar OL, struggling RB, and lacking TE we sign a saftey. YES!
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

that would worry me back when he was worth a damn

guy is closer to aarp than contributing to anyone
        sigpic

Comment

I wish we had kept Brown, if you can get 8 games out of him it is more than worth the signing. He is a leader in the locker room, and a solid run stuffer. Trust me on this one, you'll like having Brown around.

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
          Yay!

We have a young, good secondary and instead of signing players for our terrible
          DL, bad LB, subpar OL, struggling RB, and lacking TE we sign a saftey. YES!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
            I wish we had kept Brown, if you can get 8 games out of him it is more than worth the signing. He is a leader in the locker room, and a solid run stuffer. Trust me on this one, you'll like having Brown around.
            I have nothing against him, and I agree while healthy he is great for a team...

Just our money should be going anywhere but to the secondardy... or the punter.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

He's a good football player, but we already have Dawkins to be the run stuffing\box safety. I'd rather have Dawkins.....
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Dawkins is 35 and in his 14th season, but I do see your point. There really isn't enough need with the signing of 2 FA's and drafting one at the S position.

Kansas City is a bit of a surprise, I just noticed they are already carrying 5 safeties on their roster. Now they have 6.

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                He's a good football player, but we already have Dawkins to be the run stuffing\box safety. I'd rather have Dawkins.....

Comment

Chiefs sign Saftey, Mike Brown

The effects of the Pioli regime are really hitting hard.

Mike is a great pick up. He has had a TON of injury issues but when he plays he is a game changer. One of the most underrated Ball Hawks in the leauge.

If he can stay healthy were going to have issues with him.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...n-defense.html
                  Last edited by Seriously?; 06-25-2009, 10:50 AM.

Comment

We already have issues of our own with this mess of a team. Lets not worry about a guy who might or might not be healthy:go:
                    Don't Panic!

Comment

Mike Brown has lost a lot of range over the years. I mean, who wouldn't with as many injuries as he's had. The guy's a great football player, but I just don't think he has much left to give. It's a shame.

And if he does have anything left, then it's a shame we didn't sign him. Dawkins and a Mike Brown of 3 years ago would've been a deadly combination.

Comment

Well . . .

Dawkins is 35 and in his 14th season, but I do see your point. There really isn't enough need with the signing of 2 FA's and drafting one at the S position.

Kansas City is a bit of a surprise, I just noticed they are already carrying 5 safeties on their roster. Now they have 6.
                        I think what the Broncos are looking at is that they have Bruton, McBath, and
                        Barrett behind Dawkins and Hill, so they already have young players with a lot
                        of upside there.

But I'll have to agree: I think the Chiefs helped themselves there . . .

-----

Comment

You would think at the age of 31, he still has some gas left in the tank. I think he does. Mike Brown can no longer be utilized in pass coverage(thanks to Lorenzo Neil's horse collar back in 07')as he has lost a step. However, I'm guessing that the secondary in KC could use some leadership along with a 3rd down run stuffer. If that is the case, Mike Brown could be a concern for Denver fans due to the ball control style of offense being implemented by the Broncos. I'm surprised the Chargers didn't even take a look, Ron Rivera is a Mike Brown fan out there.

Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                          I think what the Broncos are looking at is that they have Bruton, McBath, and
                          Barrett behind Dawkins and Hill, so they already have young players with a lot
                          of upside there.

But I'll have to agree: I think the Chiefs helped themselves there . . .

-----

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                            I have nothing against him, and I agree while healthy he is great for a team...

Just our money should be going anywhere but to the secondardy... or the punter.
                            We are top 5 in cap room... he's getting a minimum contract. So we are basically wasting no money at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefs > You View Post
                              We are top 5 in cap room... he's getting a minimum contract. So we are basically wasting no money at all.
                              Yet the only time we spend it is on over the hill scrubs that don't fill a need.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X