X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRUEBRONCOFAN24
    replied
    Originally posted by ursamajor View Post
    Make no mistake about it, If Mike Brown was in SB XL, the Bears would have won.

The gimme td to Wayne would never have happened, and he would have been a huge boost in stopping the run.

Him and Harris in that SB, it may have been one sided.

He is a difference maker. Always seems to be around the ball, and he always seems to get the most timely Turnovers be it an Int in the endzone, or a forced fumble in the redzone.
    You're right... maybe if Brown was playing, Grossman wouldn't have thrown those two interceptions or fumbled the ball away.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    any ability a player has to be a difference maker is lost when they arent on the field. If you look at the percentage of time that he's been injured vs healthy, i'd be pretty surprised that he's still in the NFL at all (if i was just looking at his statistics)

Leave a comment:

• urinal_cake
    replied
    uhh yeah...

Originally posted by jdubv724 View Post
    Good pickup for the Chiefs if he can stay healthy. That's a pretty big if though.
    As of late he's had the durability of Jason Sehorn...™

Leave a comment:

• Anikai
    replied
    I could care less. Mike Brown is overrated, and besides he'll be injured by week 4 anyways.

Leave a comment:

• dannylee
    replied
    could be a real worry for us but i do see the point that chiefs have lost there top TE they are shaky at OL and have a few other problems yet they sign another safty where i thought they were pretty strong oh well seems that alot of the teams in the AfCwest sign players in positions where there strong lol

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by ursamajor View Post

The gimme td to Wayne would never have happened, and he would have been a huge boost in stopping the run.

He is a difference maker. Always seems to be around the ball, and he always seems to get the most timely Turnovers be it an Int in the endzone, or a forced fumble in the redzone.
    Ursa, I can't PM you. Are you on Yahoo chat? I'm "topscribe" there, too.

-----

Leave a comment:

• ursamajor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AznBroncoFan
    replied
    Always thought he was overrated.

Leave a comment:

• Sunbiz1
    replied
    Pro Bowl safety Mike Brown in his time as a Nebraska Cornhusker. My personal favorite Husker of all-time.

He's back!
    QUOTE=SheerCold;2795291]Good signing for the Chiefs. I liked him a lot in college when he played for Nebraska..

Unfortunately, I hope he doesn't stay healthy, because he's a chief.[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• SheerCold
    replied
    Good signing for the Chiefs. I liked him a lot in college when he played for Nebraska..

Unfortunately, I hope he doesn't stay healthy, because he's a chief.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    It's a good pickup for the Chiefs. If Brown can stay healthy which is hard for him to do, Mike can be a huge difference maker in games.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiefs > You View Post
    We are top 5 in cap room... he's getting a minimum contract. So we are basically wasting no money at all.
    Yet the only time we spend it is on over the hill scrubs that don't fill a need.

Leave a comment:

• Chiefs > You
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
    I have nothing against him, and I agree while healthy he is great for a team...

Just our money should be going anywhere but to the secondardy... or the punter.
    We are top 5 in cap room... he's getting a minimum contract. So we are basically wasting no money at all.

Leave a comment:

• Sunbiz1
    replied
    You would think at the age of 31, he still has some gas left in the tank. I think he does. Mike Brown can no longer be utilized in pass coverage(thanks to Lorenzo Neil's horse collar back in 07')as he has lost a step. However, I'm guessing that the secondary in KC could use some leadership along with a 3rd down run stuffer. If that is the case, Mike Brown could be a concern for Denver fans due to the ball control style of offense being implemented by the Broncos. I'm surprised the Chargers didn't even take a look, Ron Rivera is a Mike Brown fan out there.

Originally posted by topscribe View Post
    I think what the Broncos are looking at is that they have Bruton, McBath, and
    Barrett behind Dawkins and Hill, so they already have young players with a lot
    of upside there.

But I'll have to agree: I think the Chiefs helped themselves there . . .

-----

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Well . . .

Originally posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
    Dawkins is 35 and in his 14th season, but I do see your point. There really isn't enough need with the signing of 2 FA's and drafting one at the S position.

Kansas City is a bit of a surprise, I just noticed they are already carrying 5 safeties on their roster. Now they have 6.
    I think what the Broncos are looking at is that they have Bruton, McBath, and
    Barrett behind Dawkins and Hill, so they already have young players with a lot
    of upside there.

But I'll have to agree: I think the Chiefs helped themselves there . . .

-----

Leave a comment:

Working...
X