X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Cutler fires person via txt message

Rest Of The Story On Cutler's Off-Field Focus
    Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2009 12:18 PM

In response to an item posted earlier today by Aaron Wilson regarding the Bears' new starting quarterback, a league source has given us the rest of the story that resulted in Jay Cutler hiring entertainment lawyer Jeff Jacobs, apparently to eventually manage Cutler's off-field opportunities.

Per the source, Jacobs replaces Marty Garafalo, who previously served as Cutler's "business manager."

The source explains that Garafalo was heavily involved in Cutler's affairs, including the creation of his foundation -- and its transfer to Cutler's new home of Chicago.

In fact, we're told that Garafalo traveled to Chicago to help Cutler with various matters relating to the move from Denver. And then, once Garafalo returned to Denver, he was fired.

By text message.

(At least it proves that Cutler knows how to send text messages. When he wants to.)

And so the manner in which Cutler parted ways with Garafalo is prompting some league insiders to wonder whether Cutler truly has matured since being shipped to the Bears.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
    sigpic

Jay Cutler Is all class !!

what a punk ..
    "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

wooooooow.

This just ridicules.
      sigpic

Comment

Know what I like best about that site?

They have a "Days without an arrest" ticker on the front page.

God bless the NFL.

1696 players total in the NFL, and they can't seem to go more than three weeks without an arrest.

That's the size of my high school, and we were 17, newly licensed, owned firearms, illegal fireworks, had alcohol and new how to use it, and were generally vandalizing something on a daily basis.

And even WE didn't get a ticker for "days without an arrest."

That's a sad commentary right there.

1700 grown men getting arrested far more often than 1700 teenagers... Pretty damned absurd if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
          Know what I like best about that site?

They have a "Days without an arrest" ticker on the front page.

God bless the NFL.

1696 players total in the NFL, and they can't seem to go more than three weeks without an arrest.

That's the size of my high school, and we were 17, newly licensed, owned firearms, illegal fireworks, had alcohol and new how to use it, and were generally vandalizing something on a daily basis.

And even WE didn't get a ticker for "days without an arrest."

That's a sad commentary right there.

1700 grown men getting arrested far more often than 1700 teenagers... Pretty damned absurd if you ask me.
          mo money mo problems lol
          sigpic

Comment

What a loser.
            sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Doing business by text messaging is stupid in the first place. Texting is for a quick convo, or quick information between friends and family. Not your boss.

That's why it was DUMB for McDaniels to try and 'reach' Cutler via SMS, as it is for Cutler to fire this guy via SMS.

Comment

Classy . . .

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                  Doing business by text messaging is stupid in the first place. Texting is for a quick convo, or quick information between friends and family. Not your boss.

That's why it was DUMB for McDaniels to try and 'reach' Cutler via SMS, as it is for Cutler to fire this guy via SMS.
                  Yeah, it was McD's fault for Cutler firing this guy over a text. You got it
                  sigpic

Comment

Cutler obviously prefers to do everything by text. If that's the case and McDaniels was trying to reach out to the kid, he was right to use the format the kid felt comfortable with. When you're speaking to someone and you want to find common ground, it's best to speak to them in their native medium.

A coach/mentor's job is to communicate. That's best done with the means and vocabulary the player/student finds familiar.

Comment

Very Classy.
                      :2cents::devil::brick::wave::shake::dance::doh::hammer::nono::usa:

Comment

Originally posted by broooks77 View Post
                        Yeah, it was McD's fault for Cutler firing this guy over a text. You got it
                        What? Re-read my post. I didn't say anything about it being McD's fault for Cutler firing his guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                          Cutler obviously prefers to do everything by text. If that's the case and McDaniels was trying to reach out to the kid, he was right to use the format the kid felt comfortable with. When you're speaking to someone and you want to find common ground, it's best to speak to them in their native medium.

A coach/mentor's job is to communicate. That's best done with the means and vocabulary the player/student finds familiar.
                          I don't care if it's a players means of communication. It's stupid to conduct business via SMS. This isn't high school.

Comment

I've had friends break up with girls by texting and I thought that was immature but to fire someone via text is just ridiculous. This kid needs to grow up before he gets my respect back for the immature crap he pulled here.

Comment

I don't care if it's a players means of communication. It's stupid to conduct business via SMS. This isn't high school.
                              Oh, I agree with you. Don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that if I was the coach and a player had expressed a strong interest in texting, and I was trying to bridge gaps... I might send a few text messages. Not to conduct business, but just to say hi and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X