Cutler Fires Business Manager via text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the-shuffler View Post
    Is this business Manager dependent on Cutler as his sole source of income?

If so, yeah, its cold blooded to fire him via Text.
    If not, then why does it matter?
    Because it shows a lack of class, maturity and tact on his part. It may mean nothing to us who aren't involved closely, but his his exbusiness manager I'm sure it means a lot. Is he not worthy of a call after working for cutler.

Garafalo was heavily involved in Cutler's affairs, including the creation of his foundation -- and its transfer to Cutler's new home of Chicago.

In fact, we're told that Garafalo traveled to Chicago to help Cutler with various matters relating to the move from Denver.
    After working with a guy thats helped you do all this and you don't even give him a phone call.

sigpic

Comment

I wonder if he adds you "you know" to his texts?

Comment

Originally posted by Morningplastic View Post
        I'm guessing this is what the text looked like:

Bob. thnx 4 hlpn set up fndation in chi, u no. oh n by tha way, uve bn replcd. plz do not cll me, thnx.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

(The lol is part of the text)
        Last edited by Shsonline; 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM.
        XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

Originally posted by nea View Post
          I know when I call someone and they do not answer I leave a message, I saw what I need to say. My mom lost her text messages from me once, hit the wrong button. Point is out of respect, call and leave a message if they do not answer. McDaniel's clearly stated he had texted several times. Why not just call and leave a message. I do not know if this story on Cutler firing his manager is true or not, but it showed a lack of respect to him if that's how it went down. I text my kids to come home for dinner, not when it is really an important matter, I pick up the phone.

McD tried texting him numerous times AFTER calling numerous times, and not hearing back.

Comment

Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
            After working with a guy thats helped you do all this and you don't even give him a phone call.
            He should have called, but then again I'm not even sure if this is true. Obviously it could be, and according to one source it is. I also wonder if perhaps this guy didn't want to leave Denver. Maybe he has other clients out there, and didn't want to move for just Jay. For all we know this thing was amicable and they're still friends.

Originally posted by Morningplastic View Post

Comment

I don't know if it's the fan base being disrespectful, or being honest.

Let's face it, if this was the first and only incident Cutler was noted for then I can see where it is taken out of context. The truth is this is not the first incident, and it coincides with his normal behavior. You don't have to like the guy's attitude to think he's a talented player. I didn't like his attitude most of the time he was on our team. He was a hell of a lot of fun to watch play though.

Just more fuel to the fire is all.
              Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post

Let's face it, if this was the first and only incident Cutler was noted for then I can see where it is taken out of context. The truth is this is not the first incident, and it coincides with his normal behavior. You don't have to like the guy's attitude to think he's a talented player. I didn't like his attitude most of the time he was on our team. He was a hell of a lot of fun to watch play though.

I am still trying to figure out what "incidents and attitude he has"

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
                  McD tried texting him numerous times AFTER calling numerous times, and not hearing back.
                  It will have to be a he said he said type of situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post

I dont think being rude is being honest, there are other ways to get our point across.

Comment

Originally posted by nea View Post
                      I am still trying to figure out what "incidents and attitude he has"
                      in retrospect, you might be able to consider the whole Philip Rivers feud an incident (the fact Cutler dragged it out and carried it over into the next season even though Rivers only commented positively about Cutler after the initial incident), and maybe the incident about Cutler saying he had a stronger arm than Elway (which stirred up alot of controversy). There was also the youtube with Cutler pushing down a Chiefs player after the play because he was ticked that the guy tackled him. And in general, the guy seemed to be very irritable to the media and public eye.
                      XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                        in retrospect, you might be able to consider the whole Philip Rivers feud an incident (the fact Cutler dragged it out and carried it over into the next season even though Rivers only commented positively about Cutler after the initial incident), and maybe the incident about Cutler saying he had a stronger arm than Elway (which stirred up alot of controversy). There was also the youtube with Cutler pushing down a Chiefs player after the play because he was ticked that the guy tackled him. And in general, the guy seemed to be very irritable to the media and public eye.
                        so really the media is try to make a mountain about Cutlers so called "Bad Attitude"

Comment

Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
                          Firing someone via text message is pretty bad.

But firing someone with a singing telegram is way worse.
                          haha

who was the guy who was fired via fed ex? wasn't it stone cold austin from ted turner? lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                            Rivers is a a** and I had read that Rivers teammates where chanting things to Cutler long after Rivers comments, lots of stuff happened that we didnt see. That's guy stuff, see that all over. The Elway thing, people read way to much into that and even Elway didn't take it personally and agreed somewhat and he is the only one that should have been offended. The guy was asked a question for crying out loud.vDo you know what it is like to always be compare to Elway!! Gotta be hard. Jay doesn't talk around a bush, he says what he thinks. And the media sucks, asks the same stupid questions over and over. He isnt a kiss a**. I don't think that qualifies him as having an attitude problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
                              so really the media is try to make a mountain about Cutlers so called "Bad Attitude"
                              when you don't return calls to your owner and request to be traded , you hurt yourself, media just is there to keep it going

and jay is helping them keep it going by doing idiotic stuff

there's people who perservere and rise above, and then there's the weak-minded
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                                As if you're not quick to insult.

Please, you're one to talk, respectable is the last word I'd use to describe you
                                I have to admit Papa Pwn....you do have a way of bringing out the worst in me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X