Uggh....Pat Summerall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uggh....Pat Summerall

I was getting soooooooo pissed when he was reading off the lineups for the two teams. He read them soooooo slow that we actually missed a couple of the first few plays because the overlay had to stay onscreen for him. ESPN has horrible announcers, even worse than FOX.

I like that crew..... *shrug*
    "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Comment

I agree, what ticked me off was how they kept screwing with the Widescreen format. You would have fullscreen for half an hour then black bars on you tv for the next half -hour. Hello!

Comment

I loved Pat Summerall tonight. He was the only one talked about the good stuff. Paul Mcguire (spelling?) was a total idiot. All he did was just Pro Chiefs tonight. Him and Joe just basically talk about Priest the whole night and talked about the Chiefs and hardly about the Broncos. They sucked tonight but Pat was great as always.

Comment

Not really. They were talking about your secondary all night and TG only getting 17 meaningless yards w/ 2 catches. Espn always has the best commentary. Fox.... thats self explainable. I can't stand any of them except maybe Troy, he is ok. Chris Colinsworth sounds annoying. ABC... Al is good, Madden can't help but run into saying something totally stupid. CBS is all around ok, but Jim Nants and Phil Sims seem like they get bored easily are way late to pick up on something thats happening.

Comment

I love it when Thiesman gets all worked up about the calls or rules...he's funny when he's mad.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
            Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
            Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
            Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

summerall made like 20 errors he really needs to be in the retirement home
              Last edited by Booher; 09-13-2004, 08:55 AM.
              Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos28
                I loved Pat Summerall tonight. He was the only one talked about the good stuff. Paul Mcguire (spelling?) was a total idiot. All he did was just Pro Chiefs tonight. Him and Joe just basically talk about Priest the whole night and talked about the Chiefs and hardly about the Broncos. They sucked tonight but Pat was great as always.
                Are you kidding me?
                Seems they spent a lot of time talking about how great Champ is. Also talked a bunch about Q.
                Yea, McGuire and Theismann are idiots, but it's fun to watch them because they always disagree and fight with each other.
                Summerall needs to go though, i miss the guy from last year.
                How many times did you hear Summerall say "_____ is the catalyst." For god sakes, he was a kicker when he played!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Lets see how many mistakes he makes next week..........

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by jocool
                    I agree, what ticked me off was how they kept screwing with the Widescreen format. You would have fullscreen for half an hour then black bars on you tv for the next half -hour. Hello!
                    I never had this problem just that the commercials are not in widescreen format that was the only time I had the bars on the side of the screen.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Uula Bear
                      I love it when Thiesman gets all worked up about the calls or rules...he's funny when he's mad.
                      Me too. He seems like the only commentator who will roast a ref for getting the call wrong. I loved his indignation after Quittison's fumble in the 1st quarter because that's how angry I felt at the time.
                      sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos28
                        I'll always be a fan of Summerall. I've said that numerous times. He's not there for the entire season, he's just filling in until Mike Patrick (who's really good) is healthy enough to come back.

I don't know, it's just the way that Summerall says things. I kept rewinding Lelie's long catch because of the way Summerall called that.
                        sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

I guess my thing is that growing up here in NJ we get all the Jets and Giants games and back when i was younger, Pat Summerall and John Madden did commentary for just about every single Giants game (except monday and sunday night games i guess)
                          so i got sick of them. I don't care for either of them all to much.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

I like madden but I think summerall def needs to retire..........

Thanks SNK16

Comment

well, i gotta say...I find Madden entertaining...some of the things he says..LMAO.

Comment

Working...
                              X