Cutler's Reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler's Reply

Jay Cutler threw a really bad ball. It sailed badly as he threw it of his back foot. During his news conference he told the reporters that Devin Hester did not do everything in his power to catch that ball. Funny right? He would throw his grandma under the bus if it made him look better. Bear fans will find that out.:orton:
    Last edited by exultu; 08-17-2009, 06:37 AM.
    Mike O.

Like I said, Cutler will never win points for most politically correct responses. He's got a big mouth and he's as arrogant as I've ever seen from a quarterback.

But I'd still rather have him on my team than anyone we have now, and I'd rather have him than all but maybe 5 other quarterbacks in the league.
    sigpic

Comment

I woke up late and seen mike and mike in the morning...

they were talkin about somethin he said that he shouldnt have....

the funny thing is i knew they were talkin about him before they said his name...

jay has some sort of complex i cant put my finger on it though...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Obama View Post
        I woke up late and seen mike and mike in the morning...

they were talkin about somethin he said that he shouldnt have....

the funny thing is i knew they were talkin about him before they said his name...

jay has some sort of complex i cant put my finger on it though...
        I'll put your finger on it for you...

He's a jerk. Plain and simple.

It doesn't make him any less talented or capable. He's a fantastic quarterback.

But he definitely acts like a jerk.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by exultu View Post
          Jay Cutler threw a really bad ball. It sailed badly as he threw it of his back foot. During his news conference he told the reporters that Devin Hester did not do everything in his power to catch that ball. Funny right? He would throw his grandma under the bus if it made him look better. Bear fans will find that out.:orton:
          I saw that pass. He is throwing to a short receiver and expects him to catch a jump ball? I believe he was double covered as well. Only so much he can do on a ball like that.
          "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            Like I said, Cutler will never win points for most politically correct responses. He's got a big mouth and he's as arrogant as I've ever seen from a quarterback.

But I'd still rather have him on my team than anyone we have now, and I'd rather have him than all but maybe 5 other quarterbacks in the league.
            Well, this needs to be understood by you, cause this comment infers that Denver traded :orton: for Cutler.

:orton: was traded for our 5th pick.

Cutler himself has turned into Moreno (they would not have drafted him if they didnt have an 18th pick as well), Ayers and Alphonso Smith.

Yes, Alphonso Smith, cause I doubt they would have traded next years first round pick, if they only had one next year. Therefore, the second first round gave them flexibility.

So, not only is the guy arrogant....but he is average at best. Shanahan....turned Griese into a pro-bowler, Plummer into a pro bowler.

Shanahan, in fact has a reputation (not unlike Mcdaniels) of having a very QB friendly offense where QBs do thrive.

Not the same thing for any QB in Chicago. Only something people like me have been saying for 5 months now.
            sigpic

Proverbs 31:6-7 "Give strong drink to those in sorrow, and wine to drink for those in pain. So they forget their poverty and no longer remember their grief."

Likes and dis-likes are not consequences. Do what must be done. Though it not be happiness, it is greatness. Mark Twain

The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who don't have it. George Bernard Shaw

TY Shanahan . Welcome Mcdaniels .

:thumb:We need a defense.

Comment

All these posts and no one has bothered to post the quote.

"You know, Devin is more of a go-get-it guy, he's not really a back shoulder, or jump up and get it," said Cutler. "You learn from it. We made some mistakes. It's the first preseason game, luckily enough we have some time to correct them and keep going."
              Is that not true?

So Cutler tried to see in preseason if Hester would come back for a ball on his back shoulder.....He didn't. OH MY GOSH AND CUTLER HAD THE AUDACITY TO ACTUALLY SAY WHAT HE OBSERVED!

Comment

Originally posted by 94SupraTT View Post

Is that not true?

So Cutler tried to see in preseason if Hester would come back for a ball on his back shoulder.....He didn't. OH MY GOSH AND CUTLER HAD THE AUDACITY TO ACTUALLY SAY WHAT HE OBSERVED!
                Good point....I guarantee Hester had no problem with what Cutler said. Unfortunately the general public as a whole is much softer than most every professional athlete and they take things in a far to sensitive manner. Jay will continue to tell it like it is, which is why he was one of the most respected players on the Broncos team and will be one of the most respected players on the Bears....

Comment

Originally posted by bighuka View Post
                  Good point....I guarantee Hester had no problem with what Cutler said. Unfortunately the general public as a whole is much softer than most every professional athlete and they take things in a far to sensitive manner. Jay will continue to tell it like it is, which is why he was one of the most respected players on the Broncos team and will be one of the most respected players on the Bears....
                  Exactly. Hester had no problem with what was said. This is what he had to say about the throw.

"Just from watching the tape on it, [Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin] kind of got out of there, he didn't really bite on the sell," said Hester. "The pump that we gave him, he kind of got out of there. It was pretty tough. I tried to catch up with him, but by the time I looked up, the ball was in the air. I probably could've tried to make a play on the ball as far as trying to knock it out of his hands when he was intercepting it. That's all I could've done."

Comment

Originally posted by 94SupraTT View Post

"You know, Devin is more of a go-get-it guy, he's not really a back shoulder, or jump up and get it," said Cutler. "You learn from it. We made some mistakes. It's the first preseason game, luckily enough we have some time to correct them and keep going."

Is that not true?

I read that is more of cutler admitting it was his fault. Hester is a go get it guy not a jump guy, and Jay didn’t throw a go get it pass. He is admitting that he put Hester in a position where his skill set wouldn’t work, I didn’t take that as Hester getting thrown under the bus at all.

Comment

Don't care...never really followed Bear's football...

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by dbldrew View Post
                        I read that is more of cutler admitting it was his fault. Hester is a go get it guy not a jump guy, and Jay didn’t throw a go get it pass. He is admitting that he put Hester in a position where his skill set wouldn’t work, I didn’t take that as Hester getting thrown under the bus at all.
                        Its funny how things get spun. The latter part clearly shows he learned from the experience.

Comment

Chicago is going to chew him up.
                          sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Wow. The quote was way different than the impression I got from the OP.

Comment

Ya I'm a little disappointed by the OP for skewing it the way he did. This isn't a winged news program. Let's keep it honest
                              "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X