Cassel in trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
    haha....yeah overalll...but the passing was i believe 2nd ovrall(not 100% sure)....but since we had a horrible running game we were 16th.
    Our O was top third in scoring. Our team was middle of the pack in scoring (stat includes D & ST for all teams).

When trying to downplay the accomplishments of our team, get the facts straight.

Comment

Cassel looked good last night. I mean he was pretty impressive with his scrambling and all of that. Not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by acpell671 View Post
        Our O was top third in scoring. Our team was middle of the pack in scoring (stat includes D & ST for all teams).

When trying to downplay the accomplishments of our team, get the facts straight.
        Yeah, I am not sure what he was talking about a horrible running game. They were 12th in the league and 2nd inthe NFL in YPC. That is far from the classification of HORRIBLE.

Now, if he wants to say their committment was horrible, ok. That I would agree with.

I don't think it had much to do with the 7 RBs neither. I mean, they were all exact copies of one another. Accept Hillis of course. Just saying none of them were exactly LT type of good. they were all serviceable and they were all productive when they ran. Even Pope and and Bell. Just not sure they were horrible at all.

They had the change of offensive philosophy in the off season and I think Shanahan saw Brady in 07 and had dillusions of grandeur with Cutler. I thought Cutler's skill was better suited as a play action QB, not a spread em out check down style. He doesn't the mind set for that. He is too much of a slinger for that.

It really proved out to be that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          Are you relieved? I thought Cassel looked pretty good.
          Much relieved,

I read all the bad reports about Cassel and what he seemed to be struggling
          with, and I really saw none of it watching that game. Also, Matt Guieterrez
          looked really good yesterday too.

We need to spend less time worrying about the starting QB and more time making
          sure our WR's can catch Cassel's throws and for the love of god teach the OL
          how to run block.
          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
          X