X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitz....putting team first

From NFL.com

Fitz restructures his contract
    Larry Fitzgerald has restructured his contract to help the team create some extra salary cap room. Fitz was reluctant to talk much about it – he isn’t a guy who likes having his business out there for public consumption – but he said he felt it was something he should do. He also mentioned Anquan Boldin’s situation.

“Guys that are elite players in the business, they have to sacrifice,” Fitzgerald said. “I know my fellow guy Q, he is in a position he doesn’t want to be in and I just want to see him happy. We talked about it when we moved into the new stadium, I remember in a preseason game talking with him about the Ring of Honor and how nice it would be to both have our names up there one day.”

The move does free cap space – it has to do with incentives Fitzgerald might earn this year, which under the old pact would have immediately taken up cap space if reached – but it doesn’t necessarily mean anything is immediately on the horizon in terms of a new Boldin deal, or even that the space is intended for Boldin.

“I volunteered,” Fitzgerald said. “I told them if they needed something I wouldn’t hesitate. They said they needed it.”

Learn something B-Marsh
    BRONCOS

He's not going to make any less money. It will be put into a bonus or something.

Comment

I don't think I would ever expect fitz and bmarsh to be in the same convo. both on and off the field fitz is a true NFL player. Teams first and hard work!!! Brandon couldn't learn anything from this even if fitz talked to him personally. Oh and in before the move!!?

Comment

LOL it's not like they cut his salary in half. They just rearranged some things but he is still a rich man. Anyway, he deserves.
        sigpic

Comment

Larry Fitz already got paid and is the Highest paid receiver in the game. He isnt losing any money from this. Just stop with the ignorance or dare I say stupidity.
          A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Fitz is a model for an Ideal team player. Fitz is the most talented receiver in the league. And also a class act who would put winning over anything else. That being said he is unique, it's too bad there aren't too many other guys like him. Most guys put themselves first and it's really sad. I wish B-Marsh was this way. I wish every player on our team was like this. But let's put it like this. They're not, and they're not going to be.
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

lol at this thread. This has nothing to do with putting the team first.

Oh and when did Larry Fitzgerald become a bronco on the bronco general discussion page?

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan View Post
                Larry Fitz already got paid and is the Highest paid receiver in the game. He isnt losing any money from this. Just stop with the ignorance or dare I say stupidity.

I didn't say he would make less money. I just love the team first mentality
                BRONCOS

Comment

that is hilarious comparing fitz to marshall. If fitz was getting paid what marshall was getting paid, he'd oh held out by now.

If marshall restructured his deal, the broncos wouldnt save enough money for a tub of vasoline and a box of kleenex.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shady980 View Post
                    I didn't say he would make less money. I just love the team first mentality
                    I think the point is that there was no sacrifice on Fitzgerald's part. In fact, a "restructing" of a player's contract is usually good for him because base salary is converted into non-refundable bonus money so that it can be prorated over the remaining life of the contract.

If you were a NFL player, wouldn't you prefer more of your contract be paid up front? That money's still yours even if you rip your knee up and never play another down.

Fitzgerald certainly isn't doing anything wrong but he's also not sacrificing for the sake of the team the way some people make it sound.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

So many people are attacking this poor guy for no reason. He's just trying to make a point that Fitz is a class act and we'd be lucky if Brandon was half the man Larry is off the field.

Comment

Working...
                      X