Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutler blowing up at a WR for one handed catch!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler blowing up at a WR for one handed catch!!

i fond this very interesting if anyone had ESPN insider please please put the whole story on here ASAP!

Cutler as a 'viper'

August 27, 2009 1:23 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

If you have an ESPN Insider subscription, I highly recommend you check out David Fleming's essay on Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler's "split personality." Fleming describes Cutler as "an annoyed viper -- with a frat boy haircut and a slight double chin."

Consider this anecdote as evidence of the way Cutler approaches his job:

During Jay Cutler's first week of practice as the Bears' new quarterback, a rookie wide receiver dared to shag a few of his passes with just one hand. And even though this rookie, third-round pick Juaquin Iglesias, had been lectured a few times by coaches about the importance of proper technique, he was slow to break his annoying little habit. So when it happened again one afternoon, Cutler followed his pass upfield, darted toward Iglesias and screamed into his face mask: "If you ever do that again I will never throw another f--ing pass to you. EVER!"

Interesting. We'll have more on Cutler for you as his Sunday night return to Denver approaches

Wow Cutler showing his true colors you dont say that to your young WR glad we traded him when we did, and got what we did, i guarantee Orton would never do that to his WR's
    sigpicGo Broncos! Heres to many more CHAMPionships!!!

But I bet he doesn't do it again.
    sigpic

Comment

I could care less about non Bronco players...

Comment

I dont see a problem with it....

In hockey we had some young hot shot who tried to show off during a breakaway. He made a sick move and he did score. But our coach and captian both got in his face and told him the same thing....Never do that again or you are on the bench.

You practice like you play. And in a real game you dont take that chance. You go for the sure thing.

I think that is good leadership if you ask me.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Unless the rook is a total punk, that is not good leadership on Cutlers part. That is not how you gain respect.

Can you see Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Wafflesburger, or Warner yelling in a rookie's face like that???

no.
          SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by 24CHAMP24 View Post
            And your in the "OTHER NFL TEAMS FORUM" All of us Bronco fans will be following Cutlers career for years to come, plain and simple.IMO
            sigpic

THANK YOU FOR THE SIG McSMASHIE
            !!!!

2009 ADOPTED BRONCO; ROBERT AYERS

Comment

Originally posted by thuglife View Post
              a rookie wide receiver dared to shag a few of his passes with just one hand.
              rofl. for some reason, that line came across to me as "somebody's butthurt his arm isn't as strong as he thinks it is..." none of elway's recievers caught one handed balls on a regular basis did they?
              disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
                Unless the rook is a total punk, that is not good leadership on Cutlers part. That is not how you gain respect.

Can you see Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Wafflesburger, or Warner yelling in a rookie's face like that???

no.
                ballhype.com/video/peyton_manning_goes_insane/

All the best QBs eve get in their teammates' faces. You guys should stop finding every excuse to call him a punk/ crybaby and realize he is being a leader. Especially after the rookie, you know, repeatedly did it after coaching said not to?

Comment

Originally posted by OmeletPantz View Post
                  ballhype.com/video/peyton_manning_goes_insane/

All the best QBs eve get in their teammates' faces. You guys should stop finding every excuse to call him a punk/ crybaby and realize he is being a leader. Especially after the rookie, you know, repeatedly did it after coaching said not to?
                  Aww man I love this guy he continues to win all the stupid thread set to insult Cutler or the Bears hahahahaha

Comment

haha but in all reality if he does get into it again urlacher will put him in his place
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

i bet cutler wouldn't have any problems if a WR stretched out and tried as hard as he could to pull in a pass one-handed for a game winning TD.

sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by 24CHAMP24 View Post
                        You could care less? Or you couldn't care less?

I think everyone is interested in what Cutler is doing in his post Bronco life mostly because I think we all expected him to be a lifer in Denver.

I don't think this is a big deal. It's football...yelling and cursing happens. Most of the time when a young player/freshman/new boy/whoever gets yelled at for being cocky, he deserves it.
                        Owned:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post

no.
                          Oh most definitely I could see Brady doing that. As well as P Manning, Montana, Marino, P Simms, Young, Aikman etc
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ursamajor View Post
                            Oh most definitely I could see Brady doing that. As well as P Manning, Montana, Marino, P Simms, Young, Aikman etc
                            Not in the same way. They wouldnt threaten to just ignore him and not throw him balls. They would get in the face of a rookie no doubt, but in a differnet manner. Cutler tries to be the man and a good leader, but he just comes off wrong.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ursamajor View Post
                              You're damn right they do, leaders aren't there to make friends.......

Comment

Working...
                              X