Trent Dilfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trent Dilfer

Did anyone other than me happen to see Trent Dilfer's comments on ESPN about the Bears' game right after the game ended? It was the intro to Sports Center.

He really is very smart, and he said it perfectly. If anyone can find a link to it I would be very thankful!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290913009 idk if this is the full video u saw??

Comment

I think I recall him saying Cutler needs to play more like Orton did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
        http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290913009 idk if this is the full video u saw??
        Ouch. He straight up abused the Bears on that one

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          Ouch. He straight up abused the Bears on that one
          It gets better.

It's part of the same show, but there was more. It's a good start though. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Beard1 View Post
            I think I recall him saying Cutler needs to play more like Orton did last year.

It's not fair to expect Cutler to play like someone else, just like it wouldn't be fair to expect Orton to play like Cutler.

The Bears need to be scheming and playing towards Cutler's strengths. Unfortunately, they simply lack the talent to do that.

Having said that...maybe Chicago will become desperate enough they'll be willing to trade for Marshall and offer value for him? They won't get anywhere with the receiving corps they have. Not from what I saw tonight.
            sigpic

Comment

I think TS was referring to the comments Dilfer made on sports center... he was sitting next to Linda Cone with some random anchorman across from him.

He actually said Cutler needs to play more like Orton did last year with the BEars

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Beard1 View Post
                I think TS was referring to the comments Dilfer made on sports center... he was sitting next to Linda Cone with some random anchorman across from him.

He actually said Cutler needs to play more like Orton did last year with the BEars
                Yep he said something close to that. It made me chuckle.
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  It's not fair to expect Cutler to play like someone else, just like it wouldn't be fair to expect Orton to play like Cutler.

The Bears need to be scheming and playing towards Cutler's strengths. Unfortunately, they simply lack the talent to do that.

Having said that...maybe Chicago will become desperate enough they'll be willing to trade for Marshall and offer value for him? They won't get anywhere with the receiving corps they have. Not from what I saw tonight.
                  Yeah, its a strange situation... the Bears want Cutler to play like the QB they just traded away... weird.

Comment

Seeing Trent Dilfer talk about what a QB should or shouldn't do is like it used to be watching Sean Salisbury talk about what a QB should or shouldn't do. Both were average QBs and Trent had the pleasure of playing with a top defense and a top running game for a year.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Good thought, but I just don't see how the Bears could provide us with any value. They aren't going to part with Forte and our defenses are just too different that I don't think many of their players could help us out a whole heck of a lot (even though they have a good defense) our defenses are 2 different that not many of them will fit into ours. As for their picks, I don't know if a 2 is worth giving up on Marshall right now, and thats really all they can give us.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                        Good thought, but I just don't see how the Bears could provide us with any value. They aren't going to part with Forte and our defenses are just too different that I don't think many of their players could help us out a whole heck of a lot (even though they have a good defense) our defenses are 2 different that not many of them will fit into ours. As for their picks, I don't know if a 2 is worth giving up on Marshall right now, and thats really all they can give us.
                        Good point. They could always involve another team, though.

I just think this notion that Cutler needs to play against his style is silly. Why the hell would the Bears want Cutler to play like Orton when they traded Orton and a bunch of picks specifically for Cutler's style of play?

If that's what Dilfer said, then he's an idiot.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                          Seeing Trent Dilfer talk about what a QB should or shouldn't do is like it used to be watching Sean Salisbury talk about what a QB should or shouldn't do. Both were average QBs and Trent had the pleasure of playing with a top defense and a top running game for a year.
                          Cutler has both of those...so Dilfer might not be the worst guy to take advise from for that situation.

Comment

Good point. They could always involve another team, though.

I just think this notion that Cutler needs to play against his style is silly. Why the hell would the Bears want Cutler to play like Orton when they traded Orton and a bunch of picks specifically for Cutler's style of play?

If that's what Dilfer said, then he's an idiot.
                            I agree. It is clear that Jay doesn't need to play like Orton, he just needs to stop forcing things that aren't there. There is a time and a place to throw deep, and its not going to be there all the time. What I saw were WR's that could not beat tight coverage underneath, meaning nobody was open. This doesn't give Jay the right to throw into double and triple coverage but his WR's didn't help him at all today. Hester was the only one that looked capable, but you could tell there were a couple rookies and nobodys out on that field today for the bears. And I think their offensive line proved that its not just Orton, but that they really aren't a very good pass blocking team. Its a lot harder for a QB to make plays when he's used to being able to step up into a pocket than being forced out and having to run for your life. I said it when the trade happened that Cutler would regret being traded to the bears as they just aren't a good fit for him. So far, so good on that prediction, though its early, I just don't see it working.

Comment

Cutler has no excuses, that was by far the worst game of his career, it just wasn't going to happen tonight.

Having said that, the Bears defense is freaking salty, when all is said and done the Packers take that division, imo, but the Bears defense kept them in the game against what I think will be one of the games best offenses.......

Comment

Working...
                              X