Trent Dilfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
    Seeing Trent Dilfer talk about what a QB should or shouldn't do is like it used to be watching Sean Salisbury talk about what a QB should or shouldn't do. Both were average QBs and Trent had the pleasure of playing with a top defense and a top running game for a year.
    Dilfer was a very smart quarterback, and he has a ring to prove it.

That puts him miles above most commentators to begin with; the fact that he was a quarterback and won a Super Bowl.

Even without it though, one doesn't have to be a quarterback to have good insights into what they do. That's not to say every scrub on a couch should be treated like an expert, but it is possible for people to know what a good dancer is without actually being one themselves.

Dilfer is smart, and more importantly for tonight's Sports Center, he was right.

If anyone has the video or can find it, I would seriously love to see it again!

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
      Cutler has no excuses, that was by far the worst game of his career, it just wasn't going to happen tonight.

Having said that, the Bears defense is freaking salty, when all is said and done the Packers take that division, imo, but the Bears defense kept them in the game against what I think will be one of the games best offenses.......
      Ya, the bears D looked great. The main problem for them is I don't really think the bears have the people and the skill positions to make Cutler look any good. Cutler is going to force a lot of throws into tight spots, thats just what he does. The bears WR's from what I saw can't handle tough bump and run physical coverage. If Cutler can't trust them to get open underneath, you know he is just going to start bombing downfield when its not there and its going to get him into trouble. I really thought the bears would use the run more than they did and I believe when they started to commit to it they had some success. Again, I just don't see Cutler being a good fit in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
        Cutler has both of those...so Dilfer might not be the worst guy to take advise from for that situation.
        Did you see Forte and company try to run the ball tonight? He might've played good last year, but so far their running game looks like garbage this year.
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin View Post
          Dilfer was a very smart quarterback, and he has a ring to prove it.

That puts him miles above most commentators to begin with; the fact that he was a quarterback and won a Super Bowl.

Even without it though, one doesn't have to be a quarterback to have good insights into what they do. That's not to say every scrub on a couch should be treated like an expert, but it is possible for people to know what a good dancer is without actually being one themselves.

Dilfer is smart, and more importantly for tonight's Sports Center, he was right.

If anyone has the video or can find it, I would seriously love to see it again!
          Dilfer got a ring because he had an awesome running game and defense to lean on. He didn't carry that team to jack, and he was an average QB.
          Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Did you see Forte and company try to run the ball tonight? He might've played good last year, but so far their running game looks like garbage this year.
            I read somewhere that Matt "3.9" Forte would tear the NFL apart now that defenses must defend against Cutler's zip zap bombs.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
              I read somewhere that Matt "3.9" Forte would tear the NFL apart now that defenses must defend against Cutler's zip zap bombs.
              Its because the Bears "uprgraded" their starting O-Line... by signing players that other teams cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                Your sig is hilarious. Big thumbs up, made me laugh. And had Cutler played the whole game the way he played the second half up until the last drive, they would've beat the Packers. I think the first half performance looked mostly like the jitters, as the announcers pointed out. Just like I think that Orton's Holy Stokley play was pure luck, but it won us the game. It's a funny game sometimes.

Comment

Seeing Trent Dilfer talk about what a QB should or shouldn't do is like it used to be watching Sean Salisbury talk about what a QB should or shouldn't do. Both were average QBs and Trent had the pleasure of playing with a top defense and a top running game for a year.
                  Because you need to be a HOF QB to analyze another QB's play...right...

Comment

Yeah so what?? He won!! Your old friend JAY CUTLER still has to learn that. Since he has never had awinning season since high school. The Bears found that out Sunday night.:orton:
                    Mike O.

Comment

Working...
                    X