Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Franchise QB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    All a Franchise QB is, is a QB who stabilizes your QB position for a significant amount of time.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Jake Delhomme
      =/

      Comment


      • #33
        Bump....this is becoming a topic of conversation again.
        sigpic

        Hooray, beer!

        Comment


        • #34
          It just occurred to me that Mark Brunell should be added for the Jags.
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ursamajor View Post
            All a Franchise QB is, is a QB who stabilizes your QB position for a significant amount of time.
            I more or less agree with this.
            HEAR ME ROAR!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              Bump....this is becoming a topic of conversation again.
              I read you . . . . because it's obvious at this point that Tebow is the franchise QB for the Broncos. Roger that. :thumb:

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                I more or less agree with this.
                Nope.

                "A franchise QB either wins a Super Bowl, or he isn't a franchise QB."

                No argument allowed.

                Seriously, though. I agree with most of the sentiments expressed here.

                A franchise QB, in this or any era, is a QB who can lead a team to winning seasons and make the playoffs for several years, I'd say at least 3, but I'm not married to that number. He's someone who can take the team on his back when necessary and who doesn't turn the ball over.

                He's someone you know going in to any given game is going to make the plays necessary to win, when it counts.

                It's not something you wear forever, though. You may be a franchise QB for a few years, and then you're not.
                Last edited by catsigater; 11-16-2011, 04:49 PM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by catsigater View Post
                  Nope.

                  "A franchise QB either wins a Super Bowl, or he isn't a franchise QB."

                  No argument allowed.
                  Oh OK. No Marino then. Got it. :thumb:
                  HEAR ME ROAR!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                    Oh OK. No Marino then. Got it. :thumb:
                    I do not see how Dan Marino cannot be called a franchise QB. The person who gave that argument makes no sense.
                    Qwerty

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by catsigater View Post
                      Nope.

                      "A franchise QB either wins a Super Bowl, or he isn't a franchise QB."

                      No argument allowed.

                      Seriously, though. I agree with most of the sentiments expressed here.

                      A franchise QB, in this or any era, is a QB who can lead a team to winning seasons and make the playoffs for several years, I'd say at least 3, but I'm not married to that number. He's someone who can take the team on his back when necessary and who doesn't turn the ball over.

                      He's someone you know going in to any given game is going to make the plays necessary to win, when it counts.

                      It's not something you wear forever, though. You may be a franchise QB for a few years, and then you're not.
                      A superbowl win doesn't automatically imply a QB is a franchise QB, and a QB doesn't have to win a superbowl to be a franchise QB, at least not in my opinion.

                      IMO - a franchise QB is exactly what the title states, a franchise QB. It does not state 'superbowl QB'. This is not Madden.
                      Qwerty

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Sovereignty View Post
                        A superbowl win doesn't automatically imply a QB is a franchise QB, and a QB doesn't have to win a superbowl to be a franchise QB, at least not in my opinion.

                        IMO - a franchise QB is exactly what the title states, a franchise QB. It does not state 'superbowl QB'. This is not Madden.
                        You'll get no argument from me on that point!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by catsigater View Post
                          Nope.

                          "A franchise QB either wins a Super Bowl, or he isn't a franchise QB."

                          No argument allowed.
                          Somewhere out there Trent Dilfer is rejoicing on his new found "franchise" status.......

                          No argument allowed because even a slight amount of logic makes this post look bad........

                          IMO a franchise QB is a QB who is the face of their franchise (someone the FO builds the team around who is part of their long term plans)
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            Somewhere out there Trent Dilfer is rejoicing on his new found "franchise" status.......

                            No argument allowed because even a slight amount of logic makes this post look bad........

                            IMO a franchise QB is a QB who is the face of their franchise (someone the FO builds the team around who is part of their long term plans)
                            Yeah, I'd say that's about right.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              That's the difficult thing about the term is that it seems to have different meaning to different people.

                              After this season, can we count Rodgers as a franchise QB for GB? In terms of his performance, it's been pretty amazing for his first 4 years as a starter and it just keeps getting better, but he'll have only been the starter for 4 seasons. Is that enough to be established as a franchise QB yet, or does he need to make it through more seasons first?
                              2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
                                That's the difficult thing about the term is that it seems to have different meaning to different people.

                                After this season, can we count Rodgers as a franchise QB for GB? In terms of his performance, it's been pretty amazing for his first 4 years as a starter and it just keeps getting better, but he'll have only been the starter for 4 seasons. Is that enough to be established as a franchise QB yet, or does he need to make it through more seasons first?
                                He's absolutely the centerpiece of that franchise, and there's absolutely no discussion of replacing him. Boom. Franchise quarterback.

                                Next question.
                                HEAR ME ROAR!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X