Dolphins - Bob Griese, Dan Marino
    Vikings - Fran Tarkenton
    Patriots - Tom Brady, Drew Bledsoe
    Saints - Drew Brees, Archie Manning, Bobby Hebert
    Giants - Phil Simms, Eli Manning, Y.A. Tittle
    Jets - Joe Namath
    Raiders - Ken Stabler, Rich Gannon, Daryle Lamonica, Jim Plunkett
    Eagles - Donovan McNabb, Ron Jaworski, Randall Cunningham
    Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger, Terry Bradshaw, Kordell Stewart, Neil O'Donnell
    Chargers - Dan Fouts, John Hadl, Philip Rivers
    49ers - Joe Montana, John Brodie, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Y.A. Tittle
    Seahawks - Matt Hasselbeck, Dave Krieg, Jim Zorn
    Rams - Norm Van Brocklin, Kurt Warner, Roman Gabriel, Jim Everett
    Bucaneers - Brad Johnson
    Oilers/Titans - Warren Moon, Steve McNair, George Blanda
    Redskins - Joe Theisman, Sonny Jurgenson, Sammy Baugh, Mark Rypien, Billy Kilmer
    Last edited by samparnell; 10-18-2012, 01:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 86rocco
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    Then what about Sanchez with NYJ? Is he a franchise QB?
    Nope he is a sanchize QB. Only in NY can you have that for this long.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by -13 Amp- View Post
    How are guys like Plummer and Archie Manning considered "franchise" guys but not guys like Eli Manning and Jake Delhomme?

Both guys have accomplished more for their said teams and did it a lot more (mulit. playoff runs, SB appearances)...both were starters for their teams for 4+ years and all that...
    Eli is franchise QB now. Two great playoff runs along with 2 SBMVP sealed it for me anyway. Eli today is most clutch QB. I like for someone to name one better.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by -13 Amp- View Post
    How are guys like Plummer and Archie Manning considered "franchise" guys but not guys like Eli Manning and Jake Delhomme?

Both guys have accomplished more for their said teams and did it a lot more (mulit. playoff runs, SB appearances)...both were starters for their teams for 4+ years and all that...
    Eli is the definition of a franchise QB.

Leave a comment:

• -13 Amp-
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Bump!

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    As i said earlier Sipe and Graham were far superior to Kosar.

Best QB`s for Browns are:
    1. Graham
    2. Sipe
    3. Kosar
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 11-18-2011, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncsSB#3
    replied
    In terms of my generation, I kind of think of Franchise QBs as Elway, Marino, Montana, Brady, Manning, Kelly. They were guys that either played their whole careers with or most of their careers with one team and they became the face of that team while playing at a high level for 10 or more seasons. Everyone I mentioned was the face of their team for at least 10 seasons or more.

When I'm deciding on who I think is a franchise qb, I just decide who I think can lead a team with great play and be the face of that franchise for 10+ seasons (barring career ending injury).

Leave a comment:

• fightinglee
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I think the defination of "Franchise QB" needs to be detailed.

With QBs like these on the list you are missing allot of names.

Esiason
    Kosar
    Plummer
    Cunningham
    Simms
    O'Brien
    Bledsoe
    McNair

I know allot of these guys are good QBs but by letting them in the door imo you let another 20-30 QBs in the door if someone is seriously willing to take the time to research QBs over the last 40-50 years.

I would essentially make
    "franchise QB" mean QBs who are good enough to be in the HoF otherwise this list needs allot of QBs added to it.

Or maybe define it as a QB who has been to the playoffs X number of years. I would say X needs to equal half the number of seasons they played in the NFL...or close to it.

In addition I would have a min number of years PLAYING in the NFL to qualify.
    I agree, being a good QB does not mean franchise QB automatically. If we are talking about Franchise, I think you are specifying guys that played the clear majority of their career with a franchise and made the team better. They dont have to be HOF, but the team stuck with them for almost their entire career and had success.

That leaves off a lot of QB's. Warner is HOF, but not a franchise QB for anyone. He had success with several teams. If this list is about best QB's, then thats one list, but franchise QB's, well thats kind of a short list in all actuality. But obviously, thats my opinion of franchise, and many people on here seem to have different definitions. If a guy played for a team for a few years and did something, that seems to be a franchise QB for some posters.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I think the defination of "Franchise QB" needs to be detailed.

With QBs like these on the list you are missing allot of names.

Esiason
    Kosar
    Plummer
    Cunningham
    Simms
    O'Brien
    Bledsoe
    McNair

I know allot of these guys are good QBs but by letting them in the door imo you let another 20-30 QBs in the door if someone is seriously willing to take the time to research QBs over the last 40-50 years.

I would essentially make
    "franchise QB" mean QBs who are good enough to be in the HoF otherwise this list needs allot of QBs added to it.

Or maybe define it as a QB who has been to the playoffs X number of years. I would say X needs to equal half the number of seasons they played in the NFL...or close to it.

In addition I would have a min number of years PLAYING in the NFL to qualify.

Leave a comment:

• catsigater
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Since this has popped up again. I just noticed something I did not notice before.

Kosar is listed as playing for the Browns from 1985-1996. Kosar was released from the team in 1993. He played for the Cowboys in 1993 and the Dolphins from 94-96.
    Kosar is the definition of a Franchise QB, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    What about Jamarcus Russell for Oakland?

He played his whole career there

They still talk about him

They might even still be paying him....

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Since this has popped up again. I just noticed something I did not notice before.

Kosar is listed as playing for the Browns from 1985-1996. Kosar was released from the team in 1993. He played for the Cowboys in 1993 and the Dolphins from 94-96.

Leave a comment:

• WhoDeyBengals
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    Then what about Sanchez with NYJ? Is he a franchise QB?
    Would I say he's a player that the Jets can build their franchise around for the foreseeable future? Not with his performances to date, no. There are still questions swirling around the guy, and I get the feeling that he's replaceable. Not currently in the "Franchise Quarterback" pantheon, at least not in my book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X