Does Jim Zorn get fired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Jim Zorn get fired?

Detroit ends its futility against the Skins. Knowing how overreactive Dan Snyder is, does Jim Zorn still have a job when the team plane lands?
    sigpic

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Haha no, the Lions are a lot better this year, and there is too much football to play, the Redskins could (Key word) win the division (They wont) but Zorn has tooooo many weapons to muster one td a game

Comment

The only coach that needs to get fired is Mangini.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I would actually be surprised if Zorn gets to keep his job for more than a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
          No joke. Mangini was easily the worst pick for a head coach all year.

sigpic

Comment

I will agree with that...

Now back to Zorn. This guy deserves to get the boot, I just watched NFL films yesterday on the '08 Redskins and boy I thought Zorn was an absolute idiot after watching that.

It didn't sound like he knew what he was doing. He babies players and tells them all their going to get the ball and he's a rah rah guy and all that, which I don't believe is the right method IMO espically with a roster full of overpaid players.

They'd be better off with him out the door. Their franchise is really heading in the wrong direction...and now Haynesworth? Oh boy!

Comment

Thats the truth.

Comment

Agreed. Not impressive.
                Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

[email protected] browns for even hiring another crappy belicheat coaching genius!

Comment

I think the Cowboys start to tank the season and Wade Phillips gets fired ....

Enter Shanahan as the highest paid coach in the NFL $$$
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I'll call it now. Shanahan will be coach of the Redskins or Cowboys by the week or two after the SB, and could be hired even before then if one of Zorn or Phillips gets fired. He's good friends with Jerry Jones and from what I understand is friends with Snyder as well.
                      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                        Detroit ends its futility against the Skins. Knowing how overreactive Dan Snyder is, does Jim Zorn still have a job when the team plane lands?
                        No.

He's the teams head coach, their QB coach, and their play caller/offensive coordinator.

They will not fire Zorn this season, too many people to replace in such a short time.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                          I'll call it now. Shanahan will be coach of the Redskins or Cowboys by the week or two after the SB, and could be hired even before then if one of Zorn or Phillips gets fired. He's good friends with Jerry Jones and from what I understand is friends with Snyder as well.
                          Actually, Bowlen and Jones are buddies. They were wildcatters together before they "struck it big" and both bought NFL teams.

That's my understanding anyway.

Shanahan and Bowlen are also very close, which by default means they probably ran around like the three amigos. Bear in mind that Wade Phillips is also a Denver product and to my understanding still has strong ties here - and justifiably so. He's a smart coach who does good things. He's the one that originally brought the West Coast Offense to Denver, among other things.

I'd say the stronger of the ties is with Bowlen and Jones however. They're buddies and have been since before they were in football.

Comment

When I started this thread I was just being sarcastic, but after todays loss to the Chefs, what are Jim Zorn's chances of finishing the season as the Skins coach? Does he make it past the bye week?
                            sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                            Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                            Adopted By:
                            Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                            Broncbeat

Comment

Jim Zorn's a good guy but not head coach material. He could be a good offensive coordinator though.

Shanahan should go to the 'Skins so I can root for him. If he goes to the Cowboys I won't be able to.

Comment

Working...
                              X