Bear down, Chicago Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear down, Chicago Bears

I wanted to post a random Bears tidbit, and realized all the other Bears threads were too subject specific. So I figured I'd make a general Bears thread. I know for the most part this will be a negative thread, or if Cutler has a bad game a gloating thread.

Though I hope in time Bronco's fans will no longer hate the Bears. We gave you:

And we took this guy off your hands:

From reading the boards the Bronco's fans seem happy with the trade.
    Last edited by Da Swerski; 09-28-2009, 05:09 AM.

Anyways back to my tidbit

Cutler in the 1st Half Against Green Bay
    8/22 (36.4%) 127 yards (5.8 YPA) 0 TD and 3 INT (16.9 QB Rating)

Since then...
    57/79 (72.1%) 633 yards (8.0 YPA) 6 TD and 2 INT (110.4 QB Rating)

After the worst half of football any QB could play. Cutler has been solid, but not perfect. I was wondering if Bronco's fans would offer analysis. I've read on these boards many times he's inconsistent.

I know the type of QB Cutler is in general leads to turnovers. How long do his hot streaks usually last? When they end do they end with good defenses, or does he throw up a clunker against bad teams? Like should Bears fans be worried about the Lions? I know Cutler will take better care of the ball as he gets older, but he's still pretty young. I know you guys know him best.

Comment

Cutler is fine when he doesn't force throws down field that aren't there. I think that is probably the big difference mos bears fans have seen from his first half at GB and the rest of his play. If he's taking what the defense gives him, setting up the big play, he is solid. When he is throwing dumb passes 30-50 yards down field in double coverage, that is when you know he is pressing, kine of like the first half against GB.

Comment

I'm impressed with how well your defense has adjusted to not having Urlacher. I haven't watched much of your last two games, and I was wondering if you guys are throwing the ball more this year. I know last year you relied on the running game. Reason I ask this, is because when we started playing Cutler, we turned into a passing offense. This is great when Jay isn't predetermining where the ball is going, or trying to do too much. Our pass happy offense ended up getting our defense, and obviously our coach, in a lot of trouble. So, obviously you can do more with Cutler's athleticism in the passing game, but I was wondering how big the transition to passing in the offense was?

Comment

Cutler tends to get worse as the year goes on, remember Cutler tore it up for the Broncos in Sept. last year as well.

Culter 2008 Stats
          First three games:
          73 of 108, 914 yards, 8 td, 2 int

Last three games:
          79 of 127, 847 yards, 2 td, 4 int

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            I'm impressed with how well your defense has adjusted to not having Urlacher. I haven't watched much of your last two games, and I was wondering if you guys are throwing the ball more this year. I know last year you relied on the running game. Reason I ask this, is because when we started playing Cutler, we turned into a passing offense. This is great when Jay isn't predetermining where the ball is going, or trying to do too much. Our pass happy offense ended up getting our defense, and obviously our coach, in a lot of trouble. So, obviously you can do more with Cutler's athleticism in the passing game, but I was wondering how big the transition to passing in the offense was?
            Believe it or not in 2008 with Orton we passed 55% of the time. Though a lot of those were designed short passes to Forte. Just to get him out in space. We are throwing the ball a lot actually. The o-line refuses to run block. What impressed me about Cutler against the Steelers is he beat them with the short passing game. He basically dinked and dunked them to death. He only had one big pass play.

Something I heard Cutler talk about recently was how going 3rd and out isn't the end of the world. Even if you have to run on 3rd down and if you get it great, but if you don't punt the ball and let the defense pin down the other offense. You'll get more chances. It seems to be in contrast to his attitude that I've read he had in Denver.

The backups have gotten a few runs, but Forte's carries for the first three games.

Game 1: Forte 25 rushing attempts, Cutler 36 passing attempts
            Game 2: Forte 13 rushing attempts, Cutler 38 passing attempts
            Game 3: Forte 21 rushing attempts, Cutler 27 passing attempts

Yesterday wasn't a horrible mix actually, but the Bears never really established a running game. Though Seattle is just a tough place to play. I believe they lead the NFL in false starts since 2005. Though one nice stat I read about today: Cutler's 126.4 passer rating yesterday was the highest by an opposing QB since Qwest Field opened in 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
              Anyways back to my tidbit

Cutler in the 1st Half Against Green Bay
              8/22 (36.4%) 127 yards (5.8 YPA) 0 TD and 3 INT (16.9 QB Rating)

Since then...
              57/79 (72.1%) 633 yards (8.0 YPA) 6 TD and 2 INT (110.4 QB Rating)

After the worst half of football any QB could play. Cutler has been solid, but not perfect. I was wondering if Bronco's fans would offer analysis. I've read on these boards many times he's inconsistent.

I know the type of QB Cutler is in general leads to turnovers. How long do his hot streaks usually last? When they end do they end with good defenses, or does he throw up a clunker against bad teams? Like should Bears fans be worried about the Lions? I know Cutler will take better care of the ball as he gets older, but he's still pretty young. I know you guys know him best.
              His QB rating right now is 86.5. That's right about where he has finished the last 3 years, in the upper 80's.

His performance so far this year, when you combine really good with really bad to get better than average, seems normal.

Jay will continue to have games that make you go "oooh, aaah!!!". He'll also have games that make you say "what is he thinking!!!!! Did he really throw off his back foot into triple coverage?!"

Overall, he'll help you more than he'll hurt you.

And yes, I'm glad he's gone, but that has as much or more to do with who he is as a person.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Bear Down!

After another comeback from behind win, Midway Jay was seen walking over the waters of Lake Michigan very god like. What a difference a franchise QB makes, all hail Jay our savior!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  Bear Down!

After another comeback from behind win, Midway Jay was seen walking over the waters of Lake Michigan very god like. What a difference a franchise QB makes, all hail Jay our savior!
                  Jay has played pretty well since the GB game. However here in Denver, we are enjoying a nice difference at the QB position as well. Its called no turnovers..

:orton:

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                    Jay has played pretty well since the GB game. However here in Denver, we are enjoying a nice difference at the QB position as well. Its called no turnovers..

:orton:
                    Yeah the Japanese word for Orton is "Dink n Dunk" and dont think he's never going to throw a pick cause he will.

Bear Down!!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      Yeah the Japanese word for Orton is "Dink n Dunk" and dont think he's never going to throw a pick cause he will.

Bear Down!!
                      Whatever makes you feel better buddy. :salute!:

:orton: :orton: :orton:

Comment

After 6 years of Plummer and Cutler I think every Bronco fan was starting to get tired of all the turnovers, at least I was. Having an offense that has only one turnover so far is a nice change.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                          After 6 years of Plummer and Cutler I think every Bronco fan was starting to get tired of all the turnovers, at least I was. Having an offense that has only one turnover so far is a nice change.
                          Seems like both fan bases got what they wanted. I know 100% fact that with Orton the Bears are 0-3 with Orton. They've needed a big arm to win these games. Pace has been horrible so far, and so has Omiyale. So the left side of the line is bad. Though I wish they'd admit their mistake and put Beekman in at left guard. He's not great, but very solid. He's the one who started all 16 games last season. Omiyale does nothing to help Pace. Who's fine against average DE's, but the good ones have given him fits. So the Bears have needed Cutler's speed to avoid sacks.

Orton plays best when he doesn't have to try to win the game, and can manage it. Having a good defense and run game with arguably the best O-line in football will allow Denver to maximize what Orton is best at. He'll eventually have some bad games, but for the most part he'll never get in the way of the Bronco's winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                            His QB rating right now is 86.5. That's right about where he has finished the last 3 years, in the upper 80's.

His performance so far this year, when you combine really good with really bad to get better than average, seems normal.

Jay will continue to have games that make you go "oooh, aaah!!!". He'll also have games that make you say "what is he thinking!!!!! Did he really throw off his back foot into triple coverage?!"

Overall, he'll help you more than he'll hurt you.

And yes, I'm glad he's gone, but that has as much or more to do with who he is as a person.
                            You're glad he's gone?! Lmao! Rethink that after the next 5 game losing streak.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
                              Seems like both fan bases got what they wanted. I know 100% fact that with Orton the Bears are 0-3 with Orton. They've needed a big arm to win these games. Pace has been horrible so far, and so has Omiyale. So the left side of the line is bad. Though I wish they'd admit their mistake and put Beekman in at left guard. He's not great, but very solid. He's the one who started all 16 games last season. Omiyale does nothing to help Pace. Who's fine against average DE's, but the good ones have given him fits. So the Bears have needed Cutler's speed to avoid sacks.

Orton plays best when he doesn't have to try to win the game, and can manage it. Having a good defense and run game with arguably the best O-line in football will allow Denver to maximize what Orton is best at. He'll eventually have some bad games, but for the most part he'll never get in the way of the Bronco's winning.
                              I do miss Cutler running around, avoiding sacks, and making amazing plays, I dont miss his bad decisions and interceptions, I guess there's two Cutlers, a Good Cutler and an Evil Cutler.

We might have another stud QB on our roster, Tom Brandstater, who I think will be our future guy. Our QB sitution is pretty darn good despite what some people think.

Like you said this trade might work out for everybody, kinda like the Bailey/Portis trade, both teams got better because of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X