Bear down, Chicago Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post

.......bad Rex, I don't even want to think about it.
    No one wants to think about that!
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
    FF is awesome!

Comment

Agreed, Cutler did what he had to in this win. He did not have to carry this team to a comeback win like he did against the Steelers and Seahawks, and that was indeed a good thing because it allowed us to get the running game going.

Good Rex yes.......bad Rex, I don't even want to think about it.
      I like your optimism. It's just so un-Chicago though.

Actually, if the team we've been discussing were the Broncos, I'd be coming from the same perspective as you. You make good points from a supportive fan's perspective.
      FF is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
        Actually, I didn't know that. Yes, they are better than they were last year, but then again, wouldn't they have to be?

Yes, Calvin Johnson is an amazing talent but he's about all they've got. Pettigrew (despite talk about his abilities) had hands of stone yesterday. There was no other clear weapon to worry about, which is why the Bears were able to shut down the offense in the 2nd half by cheating over to Johnson more. What would have happened against a team with a second offensive threat? I'm not sure. What I can say is that every single fan sitting around me yesterday (most of them season ticket holders) grumbled about the D the entire way through the game. They were hardly confident.
        They had one-Roy Williams. They traded him-their bad.

And while we are talking about the hypothetical, could you imagine if the Bears had Gates, Moss and Johnson? Jay Cutler would break Marino's single season passing yards record and Brady's single season TD record.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey probie,

You don't actually believe that Cutler was the difference maker in yesterday's game, do you?
          eh, he managed the game yesterday. instead of trying to win it. nothing wrong wiht being a "game manager" now, right?

their special teams were amazing. no doubt cutler had the advantage of having short fields for most of the game.

but that's the result if you have a good overall team around you. not just one qb who's gonna take the crdit for the win and take the blame for the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            Cutler tends to get worse as the year goes on, remember Cutler tore it up for the Broncos in Sept. last year as well.

Culter 2008 Stats
            First three games:
            73 of 108, 914 yards, 8 td, 2 int

Last three games:
            79 of 127, 847 yards, 2 td, 4 int
            After Denver lost 7 RBs to injury.

Cutler had to play that way last year Denver had the worst Defense in the NFL. If Cutler was still a Bronco they be superbowl favorites. He is proving that with his play in Chicago. Their WRs sucks, their runing game has been almost non-existent and Cutler has played great. Because the defense hasn't been hanging him out on a tightrope like Denver's did last year. Cutler can be conservative and take it slow. If he would have taken that approach with Denver last year he would have founmd himself down 21-0 before halftime.

It's hard to argue with anything McD has done this year, but I'd give Ayers, Orton and a 1st round next year to get Cutler back.

Comment

Originally posted by ursamajor View Post
              They had one-Roy Williams. They traded him-their bad.

And while we are talking about the hypothetical, could you imagine if the Bears had Gates, Moss and Johnson? Jay Cutler would break Marino's single season passing yards record and Brady's single season TD record.
              You're right. Of course, it's not hypothetical to think that the Bears will be facing multidimensional offenses this season. The Vikings come to mind immediately within the division. Falcons are up next. Eagles on the schedule also.
              FF is awesome!

Comment

You're right. Of course, it's not hypothetical to think that the Bears will be facing multidimensional offenses this season. The Vikings come to mind immediately within the division. Falcons are up next. Eagles on the schedule also.
                To be honest, there is not a team left on our schedule that we can't beat. Not saying we are going to win all of our remaining games, only that we will be in every one with a chance to win in the fourth quarter. Vikings......over the last four years the Bears are 4-4 against them. Gotta think that trend will continue. Bears have two weeks to game plan the Falcons.....a team we had beaten last year only to see the game slip away in the last 6 seconds. Philly.....a team we have beaten the last two years, and the game is in Chicago.

Comment

Just wanted to share a picture of my bud and me from dinner last night.

Jealous?
                  FF is awesome!

Comment

Ahh the "Kansas Comet" they dont make them like that anymore, tell me he was kind enough for an autograph.

Oh nevermind the autograph a picture with Gayle is better.

Comment

And they have a WR the caliber of Johnson? There may be 2 other wideouts in all of football that have his talent.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey probie,

You don't actually believe that Cutler was the difference maker in yesterday's game, do you?
                        Well in the first half, Detroit's offense punched Chicago's D in the mouth. Stafford played like Detroit had hoped for when drafting him, and Johnson was well, Johnson. Jay single-handedly kept us in the game. In the second half, the Defense, ST, and running game took over the game. Jay did what many here thought he would refuse to do-he managed the game.

On side note, I am very pleased with the fact that the D, after being put on its heels in the first half, locked it down in the second. It is nice to know that they can adjust and recover.
                        sigpic

Comment

To be honest, there is not a team left on our schedule that we can't beat. Not saying we are going to win all of our remaining games, only that we will be in every one with a chance to win in the fourth quarter. Vikings......over the last four years the Bears are 4-4 against them. Gotta think that trend will continue. Bears have two weeks to game plan the Falcons.....a team we had beaten last year only to see the game slip away in the last 6 seconds. Philly.....a team we have beaten the last two years, and the game is in Chicago.
                          Minnesota is going to destroy you guys. Don't think you'll go 1-1 just because you have the last 4 years. Not hating just sayin' Minny is looking reeaaaallly good this year.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                            Ahh the "Kansas Comet" they dont make them like that anymore, tell me he was kind enough for an autograph.

Oh nevermind the autograph a picture with Gayle is better.
                            No autographs at his request. I was happy to hear him speak, talk to him briefly, and get the pic. He's a very kind and inspiring man.
                            FF is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                              Minnesota is going to destroy you guys. Don't think you'll go 1-1 just because you have the last 4 years. Not hating just sayin' Minny is looking reeaaaallly good this year.
                              Yup just like they've "destroyed" everyone else this year. Please. We hung 48pts on them last year with a backup QB. The game in the dome is going to be tough no doubt. However, I fully expect us to handle them at home.

The vaunted Vikes are 16th in points allowed. Pretty bad considering they've played the Lions, AND the Browns.

Comment

Working...
                              X