Quotes from Raiderland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes from Raiderland

It could get ugly next week....they have to circle the wagons, but were hearing a lot of "We got to respond"...and "I guess I have to play better" "We did not play very well up front" translates to JaMarcus Russell fumbles and eventually getting hurt...that Giant rush is no joke..

Please! To all my REAL DIE HARD RAIDER FANS.... STOP GOING TO THE GAMES AND BUYING THE TEAMS MERCHANDISE!!!! The only way to get to AL is through his pockets!! he obviously doesnt care the outcome of the games or OVER paying* heartless waste of draft picks so we need to take a stand!!! The Crypt Keeper isnt gonna do anything as long as he fills the seats and makes money off US buying the merchandise!! MIA, ATL, BAL, and even SF can turn their franchises around in a year!! And this is our 7th rebuilding year in a row and we are worst then we were when we started!!!

sorry to say mr russel you need a break ,give our team a chance and coach have some leadership and stop playing so consertive by this time you have figured out* to go for all or nothing.

It is true that the raider organization gave RUSSELL 70 million dollars in a signing bonus????
    Now I know why he doesn't give a RATS arse.

it was 20-6, i went to take a leak and when i came back it was 29-6.. wow, only the raiders......"just wince baby"

It's a collosal waste of time to even begin to describe how bad our beloved raiders and Jamarshmallow suck. Thank you Al for all the years of winning and doing it your way when it worked. Now, you're the dorky guy on the dance floor screaming "raise the roof" and doing the "running man and the cabbage patch" in 2009 and has no clue that everyone is laughing at you. The direction of this team is everywhere but up and it seems we are nowhere close to anything different than what we've seen from the last 6 years. I've spent an unbelievable amount of money on tickets and merchandise the last 6 years to ride a train to Hellville and I won't keep doing it with the absolute stink bomb of a product we, as loyal fans, are getting. The fact that about 5 super bowl winning coaches are out of work and won't even CONSIDER coming in to talk to the Raiders should be proof enough that we are nowhere even close to sniffing success.

Most, if not all, Raiders fans here in the Bay Area want Al Davis gone. We appreciate all the things he's done in the past and for the great teams he did bring together, but we all feel that he's living in an age of football where he thinks the fastest and strongest win. It's also about intelligence and discipline now. We think all he looks at is 40 yd speed and how far a QB can throw the ball.
    We're sick of all this losing. Worst off...the Niners are winning with a team with half the talent! So that proves it's about coaching and management.
    Sad state the Raider Nation is in right now.

Russell just doesnt care, just look at him on the bench after a 3 and out or a fumble or any crap he pulls on the field, he's out there smiling and laughing probably talking about some party they went to the night before or something. If i was the coach next sunday i would start Gradkowski Schilens, Walker, Fargas, third receiver Higgins second rb. Bush. not dress DHB AND McFADDEN

Oakland is the only team in the NFL that would even consider starting Russell. No other team would even look at the guy to start. The Raiders are going to bad for a long time. They are years a way from being competitve. Don't be telling me after the first game next year that "This is the year! We're back!"
    The sad thing is the NFL is built for parity. There is a salary cap and the worst teams get the highest draft picks. The fact the Raiders have been this bad for this long is truly remarkable. It's hard to do.

that can knock this useless QB out and give the raider TEAM a chance! The giants hopefully will end this misery that al davis is putting on the fans and veteran raiders by keeping this clown Russell in. Its sad to come to this, but russell must go down in order to turn this teams season around. Russell won't volunteer to sit, and Al won't put his confused pride away for the good of this TEAM and bench russell. And Garcia is gone(who would have been a leader,fighter,winner)! So its up to the giant defense to put russell out. A shame, but necessary to "just win baby"!

I am now just watching for the periodic good play. It is so depressing being a fan but I cannot change my allegiance. My dad was a fan and ticket holder and I have been watching and rooting for 34 years. I switched to the Cowboys back when they moved, but the Raiders played the Cowboys and when Dorsett threw a halfback pass to White for a TD, my blood boiled and I switched back on that play. I felt guilty for even leaving them for that short a period.

I too have been a loyal Raider Fan , since the mid 70's I have bled Silver and Black . My god this is the worst I can recall . The last few years we would lose but I justified it by having lost several in final secs of play , having alot of good runs here and there . We have nothing this season , NOTHING !
    I actually changed the channel this week, put the RED ZONE channel on to watch some real football , then wouldnt you know it , SAFETY on OAKLAND , I had to watch it anyhow.
    Im still all in guys , but come one throw us a bone ......

I live in Ohio and have been a RAIDER fan for ever.....I am truly embarressed so admit that. The BROWNS look better than the "CABLE GUYS". Take the freakin pacifiers out of the mouths of these PROFESSIONALS and let them play RAIDER football. YOU CAN NOT GET ANY FURTHER DOWNWARD THAN THE RAIDERS ARE NOW. It is going to be a long 1-15 season. GO BROWNS.

Damn things are really bad over there and about to get worse after their coach gets charged for assault...

Comment

They are in a hole that will take many years to dig out of. Russell is the worse starting QB I have ever seen and I dont think he cares.

Comment

Bring on the chicken baskets for Russell. 1-15, here they come.
        Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
        sigpic

Comment

You should post this in "talkin smack" so it doesn't fall of the planet.

There's some good reading in there!!!
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

See avatar........

Comment

Originally posted by Raiderfan76 View Post
              See avatar........

Hey, I've worn one. At least you're still loyal.
              HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                Till the end bro, till the end.......

Comment

Originally posted by speardog View Post
                  I live in Ohio and have been a RAIDER fan for ever.....I am truly embarressed so admit that. The BROWNS look better than the "CABLE GUYS". Take the freakin pacifiers out of the mouths of these PROFESSIONALS and let them play RAIDER football. YOU CAN NOT GET ANY FURTHER DOWNWARD THAN THE RAIDERS ARE NOW. It is going to be a long 1-15 season. GO BROWNS.
                  Living in Ohio has nothing to do with it. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. "The Browns" look better than the "Cable guys". Who does he think he is. It's going to be a long season and ... "Go Browns".

This guy is nothing but a bandwagon fan and he changes his fan allegiance like he does his socks. It is disgusting seeing people like this. People need to choose a team and stick by it. None of this "2nd favorite", "3rd favorite" junk. You either are or you aren't. If Anderson starts then yes, the Browns are better than the Raiders. If Quinn starts? No.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I would never wear that thing.

It is disgusting that fans resort to throwing temper tantrums about the teams that they "follow". I would NEVER wear a bag over my head period.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post

It is disgusting that fans resort to throwing temper tantrums about the teams that they "follow". I would NEVER wear a bag over my head period.

Owners listen to the fans, but only the really loud ones. Take a look at Detroit - one of the most aloof ownership groups in the league finally listened and fired Millen, got a new head coach (one with potential, I believe) and turned over half its roster during the offseason because the fans finally shamed them into doing so.

It was the same with the Bengals. Marvin came along after years of futility, Dave Shula, and bad drafting. We got our way because we hurt him in the wallet and shamed him on television by wearing those bags.

If you want to be a good fan, sometimes you have to be a bad one.

Look for Cleveland to wear bags in the near future.

ps - Check the Braylon Edwards thread.
                      HEAR ME ROAR!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Owners listen to the fans, but only the really loud ones. Take a look at Detroit - one of the most aloof ownership groups in the league finally listened and fired Millen, got a new head coach (one with potential, I believe) and turned over half its roster during the offseason because the fans finally shamed them into doing so.

It was the same with the Bengals. Marvin came along after years of futility, Dave Shula, and bad drafting. We got our way because we hurt him in the wallet and shamed him on television by wearing those bags.

I heard that the Seattle Space Needle was wearing a bag last year.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I'm going to see Russell live for the first time this Sunday. I'll give my report after I stop laughing... so expect it the following Friday.

I hope to meet Mr. Davis too. I won't call him out, but I'll beg him to fix it asap.

Comment

That's not me in the pic although it does look like me and I don't remember throwing temper tantrums. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But don't remind me when I do after this weeks 50-3 beat down the Raiders will get.

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                            I'm going to see Russell live for the first time this Sunday. I'll give my report after I stop laughing... so expect it the following Friday.

Comment

yes fans are angry. But there are other ways for fans to voice their displeasure. They can call the local TV stations. Write in the newspaper. They can refuse to go to games. Owners will sure notice something when the stadiums start to clear out. "Showing up" and wearing paper bags not only helps feed the monster (owner still gets his money's worth) but also you are voicing that you are some anonymous person that refuses to identify themselves. Writing in the paper, calling the TV stations, dropping from season ticket lists all have an effect. You are no longer an anonymous person. If you have been a loyal fan and always got your season tickets and all of a sudden stop, companies want to know why they lost your business. I don't care what the Browns do I am never going to be ashamed of being a fan of the Browns. I don't care if they go 0-32 the next two seasons. I'll still love the Browns.

I already have checked the Braylon Edwards thread. You think some "compliment" is going to make me magically "happy"? I couldn't care less what a Bengal fan has to say. I know that the team looked better. I don't need you to tell me that the team looked better. I know MoMass had a good game. You don't need to tell me that he did.

A loss is a loss and having the fan of a team I couldn't care less about tell me "it's ok, it was a close game" doesn't mean anything. It may well have been 34-6. The fact that the referees decided that it was a 23-20 game doesn't change the fact that it is a loss. It doesn't matter how much make-up you put on it to make it look pretty. A loss is still a loss.
                              Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-06-2009, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X