Vince Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince Young

It's 2006, the Titans start the season with Kerry Collins as their QB, he gets benched for Vince Young, they start out 0-5 and Young turns the team around winning 6 straight making the Titans playoff contenders till the final week of the season.

Last year the Titans start the season with Young, he gets hurt and gets benched for Kerry Collins, the Titans finish with an NFL best 13-3 record.

Now, here they are again, sitting at 0-4 with Collins as their QB, do you think they bench him and start Vince Young again, would that be the spark they need to kick start their season, like in '06. Young is alot more mobile than Collins, he can move around and make plays happen. If Young's head is on straight I think they should bench Collins, he is getting old and its time to move on.

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    It's 2006, the Titans start the season with Kerry Collins as their QB, he gets benched for Vince Young, they start out 0-5 and Young turns the team around winning 6 straight making the Titans playoff contenders till the final week of the season.

Last year the Titans start the season with Young, he gets hurt and gets benched for Kerry Collins, the Titans finish with an NFL best 13-3 record.

Now, here they are again, sitting at 0-4 with Collins as their QB, do you think they bench him and start Vince Young again, would that be the spark they need to kick start their season, like in '06. Young is alot more mobile than Collins, he can move around and make plays happen. If Young's head is on straight I think they should bench Collins, he is getting old and its time to move on.
    If Young's head is on straight..........That's the major question right there.

Comment

I think if the Titans lose again, especially an embarrassing loss like the Jacksonville game, that they should give Young a shot. Might as well try it.
      sigpic

Comment

Exchanging Collins for Young isn't going to change the fact they have the worst passing defense in the league. That's the majority of the Titans problem.

Aside from the decision to become a passing offense (which has failed), not use LenDale White practically at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
          I think if the Titans lose again, especially an embarrassing loss like the Jacksonville game, that they should give Young a shot. Might as well try it.
          If they go 0-5, they might not have another choice.
          Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
          sigpic

Comment

Vince Young is a terrible, terrible quarterback and the Titans know it. He's inaccurate, he's a bad decision maker, he can't read a defense, nobody knows where his head is, he's not intelligent, and running quarterbacks always get injured. Vince Young should never have even been drafted.

22 career touchdowns versus 32 interceptions and 24 fumbles (6 lost). That's pathetic. He has never gone a season in the NFL throwing more touchdowns than interceptions.

And those numbers are with the Titans simplifying everything as much as possible for him and not asking him to make any plays. Like JaMarcus Russell last season. His numbers were bad, but they weren't horrid. This year they tried to open things up and look what happened.

They're going to stick with Collins so that it will be easier for them to wash their hands of Young and get rid of him, that way they can go after a real franchise QB.

If they play Young and the team plays better, fans will get behind him regardless of how he plays. The Titans know the season is already lost and they're playing for the future.

You couldn't pay me to put Vince Young on my roster. He's stealing money.
            Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

VY is on his fifth year of a 6 year $58 million contract, I beleive he's making $7.5 Million this year, but it could be more. Kerry Collins signed a $15 million contract extension in the offseason. The Titans are paying like crazy for poor quarterback play, paying top dollar for two guys who'd be lucky to be backups right now. I'll almost feel a little sorry for them.

Comment

He's getting I think $4.25M with his bonus money. His big money kicks in next year.

Comment

Eric Berry to the Titans!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jones36 View Post
                    He's getting I think $4.25M with his bonus money. His big money kicks in next year.
                    Well, whatever he is making its too much for him to be sitting on his butt.

Comment

Well the thing with him is either he's good or he sucks, he wasn't consistent in the preseason from one game to the next. He's on the verge of being a bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X