Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since when does Favre put up numbers like 16 tds and 3 ints?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Since when does Favre put up numbers like 16 tds and 3 ints?

    Brett has always been the guy that could win it all for you or lose it all for you on any given day. He's especially shown that in the 2000's.

    In his 19th season in the league, he is 68% on completions, he has 16 tds, only 3 ints, a 106 QB rating, and only 1 fumble all year through 8 games.

    Did he sell his soul to the devil or something?
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

  • #2
    Yeah this year he isnt carrying the team, he has talent around him and a sick D, if he woulda stayed healthy last year I think we would have seen similar stats

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
      Yeah this year he isnt carrying the team, he has talent around him and a sick D, if he woulda stayed healthy last year I think we would have seen similar stats
      not only that but the later years in GB, i dont remember them having a stellar o-line. Aaron does an incredible job seeing as how it seems like he gets hit more than any qb in the league.

      I do have to say Minni's d isnt like it was a year ago. Sharper is gone and winfield has been hurt but i dont like the vikes trend of going up big and letting the other guys back in.
      Glen Haven Fire

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
        Yeah this year he isnt carrying the team, he has talent around him and a sick D, if he woulda stayed healthy last year I think we would have seen similar stats
        He did have similar stats the first half of last year but something like 12 interceptions at this point last year. Vikes have allot more talent then the Jets and like you said, he doesn't have to carry the team. He understands that if he plays well and doesn't screw it up he has a team that can go far.

        Comment


        • #5
          He has been throwing an awful lot this year. That's a lot of throws for a 40 year old arm, Brett Favre or not.

          Childress needs to put his man crush for Favre aside and start giving the ball to Peterson if he wants to go anywhere in the playoffs this year.

          Favre will fade at the end just like he has the past few years.
          sigpic

          Adopted Posters:
          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
          Adopted By:
          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
          Broncbeat

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
            He has been throwing an awful lot this year. That's a lot of throws for a 40 year old arm, Brett Favre or not.

            Childress needs to put his man crush for Favre aside and start giving the ball to Peterson if he wants to go anywhere in the playoffs this year.

            Favre will fade at the end just like he has the past few years.
            This.

            As great as Favre's been... Childress needs to realize that with Brett the team isn't playing for now. Let Peterson be the back that he's been. You've also got an ace in Chester Taylor to take the load. Save that cannon primarily for the end of games and the playoffs, for when it counts. Don't waist it getting pass happy because you can.

            Comment


            • #7
              He is having an outstanding year and watch out for the Vikings. If Favre is throwing a lot, it means that Adrian Peterson will be fresh for the playoffs.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Seems like every half-decent QB in the league has sold their soul.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
                  This.

                  As great as Favre's been... Childress needs to realize that with Brett the team isn't playing for now. Let Peterson be the back that he's been. You've also got an ace in Chester Taylor to take the load. Save that cannon primarily for the end of games and the playoffs, for when it counts. Don't waist it getting pass happy because you can.
                  yeah but you do have to realize that teams are still 8 manning the box to force this. Ive never been a huge fan of childress's play calling but I saw that distinctly in the first gb game.

                  I would like to see a shotgun formation with both pete and taylor on either side and actually utilize it proper
                  Glen Haven Fire

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
                    Did he sell his soul to the devil or something?
                    No. Minnesota.

                    Common mistake.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                      No. Minnesota.

                      Common mistake.
                      According to the people up here in Wisconsin, it's the same thing.
                      sigpic

                      Adopted Posters:
                      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                      Adopted By:
                      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                      Broncbeat

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X