Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wheels falling off of the Browns' Bus

Browns GM Fired, Mangenius safe for now

From reading that article, it's highly likely that Mangini will probably last out the year and then like Brady Quinn would say, "Now he's done."

Big question is, where do they go from here? They gave away their best offensive player for a song, and the very fact that Braylon Edwards was their best offensive player speaks volumes in itself. They have so little talent all over the place that even the Broncos from last year, a bad bad team as we well know, destroyed them, and it isn't looking like it'll turn around anytime soon.

And the bigger question is, who's crazy enough to come in and try to run that team? Shanahan definitely won't. Possible that one of the UFL coaches looking to get back into the NFL might be a possibility but honestly I think it would benefit the Browns to really look into getting someone who is low profile and has a good football IQ to come in and turn things around. And maybe a Bill Parcels-like leader in the front office might benefit them as well.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

From FO

Doug Farrar: Definition of a personnel problem: When Mike Furrey may be your best option at receiver AND safety. Also, when you have two starting-caliber (in a technical sense) quarterbacks on the roster, and your most productive quarterback is your kick returner.
    I think they are overstating it a bit, but, the Browns really need an infusion of talent across the board. Not certain as to why Anderson is still out there, the man has played horribly this year. I gotta feel that at least allowing Quinn the chance to develop is better than what theyve got goign now.
    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
      Browns GM Fired, Mangenius safe for now

From reading that article, it's highly likely that Mangini will probably last out the year and then like Brady Quinn would say, "Now he's done."

Big question is, where do they go from here? They gave away their best offensive player for a song, and the very fact that Braylon Edwards was their best offensive player speaks volumes in itself. They have so little talent all over the place that even the Broncos from last year, a bad bad team as we well know, destroyed them, and it isn't looking like it'll turn around anytime soon.

And the bigger question is, who's crazy enough to come in and try to run that team? Shanahan definitely won't. Possible that one of the UFL coaches looking to get back into the NFL might be a possibility but honestly I think it would benefit the Browns to really look into getting someone who is low profile and has a good football IQ to come in and turn things around. And maybe a Bill Parcels-like leader in the front office might benefit them as well.
      I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Jeff Fischer at the end of the year. To me, he's the only guy with enough patience to let a young team develop.

I could also possibly see Gruden coming out of the booth to coach the Browns if he got the right offer.
      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
      Adopted By:
      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
      Broncbeat

Comment

I heard Kokinis was fired with cause.

He was fired cause he sucked.
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Whoever is the coach, needs to have like a 2-3 year plan, u can't go from worst to first in a year, you need time to make draft picks, make some trades, bring in some quality guys that will turn your org. in the right direction you know?

They are pretty much at square one, I say they trade Quinn or Anderson and start building around THAT, Winslow is gone, Braylon is gone, Jamal Lewis is retiring, they had all that Bentley drama a few years ago, they're officially done. Guys are just there to collect paychecks and enjoy their summers

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
            From FO

I think they are overstating it a bit, but, the Browns really need an infusion of talent across the board. Not certain as to why Anderson is still out there, the man has played horribly this year. I gotta feel that at least allowing Quinn the chance to develop is better than what theyve got goign now.
            Because they dont want to pay Quinn 11 mil this year. It is setting a bad precedent too in that FA wont want to have incentive driven contracts there, because the team will actively try to prevent the players from achieving them
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
              Browns GM Fired, Mangenius safe for nowThey gave away their best offensive player for a song, and the very fact that Braylon Edwards was their best offensive player speaks volumes in itself.
              That's news to me.

The Browns gave away their best offensive weapon?

Last I checked they traded away a player that wasn't going to be on the team next year because it was his contract year. Also, he was a malcontent. Overpaid, poor hands. It is much better to get something rather than nothing. I see that you are of the mindset that the Browns should have just waited till the end of the year and let him go as a free agent. That way they simply, got NOTHING in return. Great plan there floridabroncos. Good thing you aren't in charge of any team.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Man it just keeps getting worse for the Browns. I heard a quick story on ESPN saying there are season ticket holders who are going to boycott the baltimore game after the bye to protest the Front Office.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                  That's news to me.

The Browns gave away their best offensive weapon?

Last I checked they traded away a player that wasn't going to be on the team next year because it was his contract year. Also, he was a malcontent. Overpaid, poor hands. It is much better to get something rather than nothing. I see that you are of the mindset that the Browns should have just waited till the end of the year and let him go as a free agent. That way they simply, got NOTHING in return. Great plan there floridabroncos. Good thing you aren't in charge of any team.
                  Poor hands? He sure is making some plays with the Jets.

But still I agree with you. You need to trade a good player for something when you know he isn't coming back to the team. IMO, that was a good trade.

The Browns do have something though. A solid tackle in Joe Thomas. A QB that could be good if he had some protection in Brady Quinn. They have speed WR's in Massaqui(SP?) and Cribbs. I agree that if they could just use what they have they could be better than what they are doing. Not as easy as it sounds though. But if they go out and get some young OL in the draft and or FA they could actually do something big. Also, if they invest maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick on a solid RB then their offense could move the ball better. I know it sounds a lot easier then it really is, but just slowly they can start to improve. But overall, the offense is only as good as their line and QB, and right now that means they are not going to be good because they have a bad line along with Anderson at QB. Just put Brady Quinn in and see what he can do. No need to waste his talent as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

The wheels on the bus go round and round round and round round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round all through the town.

Comment

Originally posted by BVP View Post
                      Poor hands? He sure is making some plays with the Jets.

But still I agree with you. You need to trade a good player for something when you know he isn't coming back to the team. IMO, that was a good trade.

The Browns do have something though. A solid tackle in Joe Thomas. A QB that could be good if he had some protection in Brady Quinn. They have speed WR's in Massaqui(SP?) and Cribbs. I agree that if they could just use what they have they could be better than what they are doing. Not as easy as it sounds though. But if they go out and get some young OL in the draft and or FA they could actually do something big. Also, if they invest maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick on a solid RB then their offense could move the ball better. I know it sounds a lot easier then it really is, but just slowly they can start to improve. But overall, the offense is only as good as their line and QB, and right now that means they are not going to be good because they have a bad line along with Anderson at QB. Just put Brady Quinn in and see what he can do. No need to waste his talent as well.
                      Brady Quinn has had a chance to play. He did not play well.

But, yes, now is the time to give him one final chance. Quinn can't get the ball to the recievers but now not even Anderson can. A dumpoff pass for 4 yards is better than 2 completions in an entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                        Brady Quinn has had a chance to play. He did not play well.

But, yes, now is the time to give him one final chance. Quinn can't get the ball to the recievers but now not even Anderson can. A dumpoff pass for 4 yards is better than 2 completions in an entire game.
                        Neither QB has an offensive line to give him anytime though. Like I said, your offense is only as good as your offensive line. Quinn can still make some stuff happen while Anderson obviously can't.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP View Post
                          Neither QB has an offensive line to give him anytime though. Like I said, your offense is only as good as your offensive line. Quinn can still make some stuff happen while Anderson obviously can't.
                          Quinn won't make anything happen.

Anderson made things happen. Sure, a lot of the things he made happen ended up hurting the team. Quinn's idea of a series is to dink and dunk his way to a punt. Anderson, he at least takes shots down the field. Lately he has been been unlucky as nobody has been able to catch a thing even though he is throwing it straight to them. Quinn? He just does dump offs to his running backs all day long.

Comment

Maybe its time to give Brett Ratliff a try at QB, didn't he come over in the Jets/Mark Sanchez trade? That'd be a slap in the face to the Jets if he turns out to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              Maybe its time to give Brett Ratliff a try at QB, didn't he come over in the Jets/Mark Sanchez trade? That'd be a slap in the face to the Jets if he turns out to be good.
                              That is a distinct possibility.

Mangini was so high on him. Now it's time to see if all his hype with Mangini comes true or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X